Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wired Headset

Tip us?
 
Vertikar
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Wired Headset

I brought the AT&T version of the Glide and it didn't come with a wired headset. I've tried a headset for a Galaxy S, but the buttons didn't work. Could anyone with the Rogers headset ( I think it comes with one) share the model number, or if anyone else has a working let me know where I can source one?

Thanks!
 
dudejb
Old
#2  
dudejb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 572
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
I have the headset in my hand that you are mentioning but I do not see any model number anywhere to help you out. All I see is a Samsung logo on each ear piece as well as a Large L or R. On the Wire where it splits from 1 to 2 wires (1 for each ear) there is a small Made in China written on it. No other writing can be seen.
The Following User Says Thank You to dudejb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vertikar
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Damn, thanks anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudejb View Post
I have the headset in my hand that you are mentioning but I do not see any model number anywhere to help you out. All I see is a Samsung logo on each ear piece as well as a Large L or R. On the Wire where it splits from 1 to 2 wires (1 for each ear) there is a small Made in China written on it. No other writing can be seen.
 
taiber2000
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 394
Join Date: Feb 2012
i suggest you use a stereo bluetooth headset instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to taiber2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dudejb
Old
#5  
dudejb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 572
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiber2000 View Post
i suggest you use a stereo Bluetooth headset instead.
Good idea except it is slightly more expensive....Depends on the person's budget.
 
taiber2000
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 394
Join Date: Feb 2012
i think you can get a sony one for under 50 dollars torugh ebay. and its prety good. and the model that i have i can exgane the ear plug it self to other earphones.
 
EMegamanu
Old
(Last edited by EMegamanu; 20th April 2012 at 11:07 PM.) Reason: Link for the headset
#7  
EMegamanu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 30
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lyon
I am currently using the HTC Desire Z wired headset.
  • Sound works
  • Mic works
  • Play/pause button works
  • Back and forward buttons are recognized as vol - and +

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=HTC+RC+E160
Samsung Galaxy note 3 N9005 KitKat stock ROM
HTC Dream CM5
Asus T100TA-DK003H Windows 8.1 Home
HP Touchpad X2 CM9 & CM10
Samsung Captivate Glide i927 with ribbon cable sliced ✝
HTC Desire Z with fried M4G2DE chip ✝

The Following User Says Thank You to EMegamanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vertikar
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMegamanu View Post
I am currently using the HTC Desire Z wired headset.
  • Sound works
  • Mic works
  • Play/pause button works
  • Back and forward buttons are recognized as vol - and +
Awesome, might give that a go, thanks!
 
taiber2000
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 394
Join Date: Feb 2012
withthat saied maybe other wierd headsets with 3.5 PL (3 input plug) will work.
 
Vertikar
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiber2000 View Post
withthat saied maybe other wierd headsets with 3.5 PL (3 input plug) will work.
I tried one from a Galaxy S and that didn't want to work.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes