Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] CWMR 5.0.2.7 for the SGHI927(R) - Alpha

Tip us?

sigiloso
Old
(Last edited by sigiloso; 2nd April 2012 at 10:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
you can try Flashing cwm then download this zip, put it to SDcard then flash via CWM. I have not tried this step before so you're on your own here.

Alternatively, flash ardatdat's Kernel. It will give you root without flashing a ROM. Again, I have not tested, but others confirmed that this worked for them.

If you don't want OC you can Odin flash uknatos' kernel.
Thanks!!! A LOT!. Directly Flashing the superuser app didn't worked. It ended on install aborted.

BUT with ardatdat's Kernel worked flawlessly. Thank you! And due to having CWM before attempting ANYTHING, i was able to do a nandroid backup. (So now I have my own non touched ATT rom)
This thread should be pinned on development, AND included as the first step of rooting the Glide.... Would avoid many, many bricks...

Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sigiloso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

taiber2000
Old
Thanks Meter 31
do we gonna see a new update for the CWMR?
or at least getting out form the alpha stage?
AFAIK the alpha version is stable and working great for users here, so maybe we can graduate it to RC or even final version?

utkanos i hope you are still with us and will continue work on the glide, especially now that we have ICS coming to us in the near future and probably need a new CWMR.

utkanos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiber2000 View Post
do we gonna see a new update for the CWMR?
or at least getting out form the alpha stage?
AFAIK the alpha version is stable and working great for users here, so maybe we can graduate it to RC or even final version?

utkanos i hope you are still with us and will continue work on the glide, especially now that we have ICS coming to us in the near future and probably need a new CWMR.
I think enough users have tested it so at this point if everything is working well then the current version will be stable going forward. I will update cwmr along with the mainline cwmr when updates come out for it for you guys.
https://github.com/utkanos
join me on #utkanos on freenode.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to utkanos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

taiber2000
Old
Thanks Meter 31
thanks utkanos
can't wait to put my dirty hands on the glide

dudejb
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by utkanos View Post
I think enough users have tested it so at this point if everything is working well then the current version will be stable going forward. I will update cwmr along with the mainline cwmr when updates come out for it for you guys.
We appreciate all your work! I just haven't got the courage to flash my phone as of yet. But When I do, this will be the first thing I flash! I am just afraid as this is the only phone I have and if for some unknown reason I don't get it going, I will be with no phone till I get it back up and running.

phatryan69
Old
(Last edited by phatryan69; 28th April 2012 at 05:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
My fault I'm retarded.. haven't slept since yesterday. Disregard

doode2011
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigiloso View Post
Thanks!!! A LOT!. Directly Flashing the superuser app didn't worked. It ended on install aborted.

BUT with ardatdat's Kernel worked flawlessly. Thank you! And due to having CWM before attempting ANYTHING, i was able to do a nandroid backup. (So now I have my own non touched ATT rom)
This thread should be pinned on development, AND included as the first step of rooting the Glide.... Would avoid many, many bricks...

Thank you!
The non-touched att rom is going to be a life saver. You could update the coming ICS to your phone and create a stock rom for everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium

ajt1995
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I too have an untouched AT&T nandroid backup, When ICS gets released, how would I update to it? (I will restore the nandroid, then update) but do I have to get rid of Clockwork Recovery?

Aquethys
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 792

DONATE TO ME
Odin flashing stock rom. That removes everything.I think

Sent from my Samsung CAPTIVATE Glide SGH-i927 using xda premium

ajt1995
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm an odin noob, please check my other question in the general thread.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA