Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,090 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What phone are you gonna get after Desire Z/G2 ?

Tip us?

Ditamae
Old
Thanks Meter 180
If HTC fixes the MAO treatment on the black/red accent version of the ONE S, that'll replace my old G2. I used to believe that I couldn't live without a hardware keyboard too. But after playing (at length) with multiple devices w/o a qwerty, the Sensation and the G2X, I have to say it's so much easier without it. Coming from the Cliq before the G2, I never thought I'd say that... but no more hardware keyboard for me.

Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) in titanium gray | Slim Bean v4.2.2 | TWRP Recovery v2.7.1.0 themed with Holofied Light by z31s1g
with Apex by dennisxl | Ember theme by sonnysekhon

Screenshots:

Ashaman_Kupo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I want the ONE X but it won't work with T-mobile.
Well, it will but with edge only. laaaaaammeee
4G63. VRRRrrrrm PSSSsstttt

slezzaj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think about getting the Galaxy Nexus. Anyway, it will definitely be an Android phone. But for now, I'm gonna use my money for getting a new laptop.

TheReduxPL
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Maybe Xperia NEO V. ;p

oVeRdOsE.
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by goister View Post
I'll only change if:

1. There's a new superphone with a hardware keyboard
2. My Desire Z dies
3. My Desire Z becomes too obsolete (probably at least another year before that happens)
+1

I hate when people change their phone because a new model is out.

It's killing me, what a waste. Rare metals are very very very bad for the environment, because china dont care how about to get it out of the ground. Lot of chemical processes.

This is a reason why I dont get a apple. I love the product, but hate the apple fans. For them its to ''mainstream'' to have a ONE year old iphone.

I had a motorola krzr for 5 years. Then my hipster friend gave me a 3gs (how crap this phone is) wifi broke, bluetooth and gps stop working because of a baseband update. I use it for 7 months.

Then I got this G2 since the first week Bell has it.

My next one? If my G2 dies? Probably an HTC again.

Samsung, no thanks. My brother using a galaxy s2, he broke the screen and its expansive to repair since the digitizer is heat glued on the amoled screen. What a discussable design.

Elfjes
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I'm seriously hoping there'll be a new nice HWkeyboard-phone out later this year, or maybe Q1 2013

Elsewise i might go for a galaxy note round that time. I figured that since there won't be any highend 3.5" smartphones anymore, I might as well go all the way with large phones. I guess it will be an improvement on the experience of anything but calling.

SteveRiley
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfjes View Post
anything but calling.
Which, I suppose, is now the purpose of these fancy gadgets we still refer to as "phones"

crestofawave
Old
Thanks Meter 118
In HTC we trust.

I'm hoping for their next slider, but if it doesn't have decent specs (an S4 Krait and at at least 768MB of (actual) RAM, then I'll probably hold on to the DZ and buy a One S sometime later.

I'm pretty disappointed with the fact HTC makes their phones more iPhone-esque (can't change the battery, can't use SDcards and the overall build quality/design seems inferior, when compared to our Desire Z)
Device: HTC Vision (Desire Z)
Radio: 26.04.13.09

Previous ROM(s):
ILWT 634 by Tsubus
Virtuous G-Lite 2.0.1 by tun4f1sh
Gen.Y VisionX R3 by yozgatg

Current daily driver:
AOSP JB [4.2.2] Build 10 by cn.fyodor

Useful Sites:
Root/Unroot Related files, credits to Nipqer
Rooting Guide, by Strawmetal
G2/DZ XDA Wiki (Also has root instructions)

Ditamae
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestofawave View Post
I'm pretty disappointed with the fact HTC makes their phones more iPhone-esque (can't change the battery, can't use SDcards and the overall build quality/design seems inferior, when compared to our Desire Z)
Me too... it also makes me a little nervous, though I'm sure there are work-arounds for the problems I'm imagining... removable batteries and SD cards just seem pretty essential on rooted devices. Obviously this is not the case, but all the same, I wish HTC hadn't locked down the One series.

Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) in titanium gray | Slim Bean v4.2.2 | TWRP Recovery v2.7.1.0 themed with Holofied Light by z31s1g
with Apex by dennisxl | Ember theme by sonnysekhon

Screenshots:

lez42
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would stay with my vision. It has all what I need!

Tags
g.a.s, smartphone