Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

OP knoxjon

17th April 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #1011  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leion

es not working... unable to delete...

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eses1234

hmmmm.

After I have read this great news (how to fix non working apps) I decided to go again to ICS. I have installed the ROM ...SP3+ Root from post #979 and I thought it is already rooted. Then In gave root rights to Hd exporer and ES File.Explorer also checked the options to "mount / as writable dir" but.... filename changing/updating/Deleting/permissions are stil not possible...

Can anybody tell me what's wrong and how to proceed?

When I Start both explorers I get notification.that superuser provided rights, but apparently something is still wrong. Maybe I should Root my tab manually again? How? Is there any special root package for ICS?

FYI. I have also tried terminal emulator with superuser rights. After executing su - the whoami gives "...user0" so it looks like root, but filename changing attempt ends with message "filesystem not writable". Any hint?

I had the same problem, but used Rom Toolbox (free version) as noted in a recent post by rurou and was able to delete the files. Not sure why we are having issues with ES File Explorer.
Last edited by v35lee; 17th April 2012 at 01:59 AM.
17th April 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #1012  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by v35lee

I had the same problem, but used Rom Toolbox (free version) as noted in a recent post by rurou and was able to delete the files. Not sure why we are having issues with ES File Explorer.

I used Es File Explorer without any issue. Try updating su binaries using superuser app!
17th April 2012, 08:16 AM   |  #1013  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
I think root explorer is still the one you should use when changing files etc. It just works.
17th April 2012, 08:39 AM   |  #1014  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Did u install busybox first??

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v35lee

I had the same problem, but used Rom Toolbox (free version) as noted in a recent post by rurou and was able to delete the files. Not sure why we are having issues with ES File Explorer.

Did u install busybox first??
17th April 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #1015  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpak5536

Did u install busybox first??

What do you mean by installing busybox. I thought the version ...SP3+root was supposed to be already rooted. What else should we do? Should I install busybox additionally? How to check busybox manually?

The things I have validated:

1. There is superuser app installed in a system and says it grants superuser rights to file explorers when they are started (at least is says so) .
2. The /mnt/sdcard/sanixupdate dir contains busybox (size 752,32K)
3. RootCheckerBasic says the device is rooted.

I have checked and sanixupdate attached to previous ICS ROM contained another busybox (size 808,75K - bigger one). Can anybody validate which one is correct? Can I just reinstall Superuser (free), or maybe busybox (free) from Playstore? Will it work with ...SP3 ROM?
Last edited by eses1234; 17th April 2012 at 09:21 AM.
17th April 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #1016  
Junior Member
Flag Nonthaburi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
ES explorer doesn't work for me. Root explorer is the one you must use.
17th April 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #1017  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eses1234

What do you mean by installing busybox. I thought the version ...SP3+root was supposed to be already rooted. What else should we do? Should I install busybox additionally? How to check busybox manually?

The things I have validated:

1. There is superuser app installed in a system and says it grants superuser rights to file explorers when they are started (at least is says so) .
2. The /mnt/sdcard/sanixupdate dir contains busybox (size 752,32K)
3. RootCheckerBasic says the device is rooted.

I have checked and sanixupdate attached to previous ICS ROM contained another busybox (size 808,75K - bigger one). Can anybody validate which one is correct? Can I just reinstall Superuser (free), or maybe busybox (free) from Playstore? Will it work with ...SP3 ROM?

yes if didn't have busybox,SU file will not work correctly.U can download it at Playstore for free.
17th April 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #1018  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpak5536

yes if didn't have busybox,SU file will not work correctly.U can download it at Playstore for free.

I have just:
1. installed busybox (free) from Playstore, (/system/xbin/busybox is now dated today 17.04.2012 - brand new)
2. Installed SuUpdateFixer (free) from Playstore. It says the superuser.apk signature is OK,
3. Updated Superuser.apk (was ver. 3.0.3 /system/xbin/su installed on 10.04.2012, now 3.0.3.2 /system/xbin/su dated 17.04.2012 - brand new)
4. rebooted tab

and... still no success. Cannot modify single system file - I have also tried to modify one system text file (build.properties) with NO SUCCESS. Looks like system folders cannot be mounted to writable. Can I mount it somehow manually?
Last edited by eses1234; 17th April 2012 at 05:57 PM.
17th April 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #1019  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eses1234

and... still no success. Cannot modify single system file - I have also tried to modify one system text file (build.properties) with NO SUCCESS. Looks like system folders cannot be mounted to writable. Can I mount it somehow manually?

Download remount in play store (or better yet, download "mount /system " in play store) , choose the /cust folder as rw, click on the title.
Last edited by rurou; 17th April 2012 at 06:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rurou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #1020  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Remount app with es file manager, renamed the jnlgraphics file. Ezpdf worked again! Thanks!

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei, mediapad, root, springboard
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes