Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

Tip us?

v35lee
Old
(Last edited by v35lee; 17th April 2012 at 12:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leion View Post
es not working... unable to delete...

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eses1234 View Post
hmmmm.

After I have read this great news (how to fix non working apps) I decided to go again to ICS. I have installed the ROM ...SP3+ Root from post #979 and I thought it is already rooted. Then In gave root rights to Hd exporer and ES File.Explorer also checked the options to "mount / as writable dir" but.... filename changing/updating/Deleting/permissions are stil not possible...

Can anybody tell me what's wrong and how to proceed?

When I Start both explorers I get notification.that superuser provided rights, but apparently something is still wrong. Maybe I should Root my tab manually again? How? Is there any special root package for ICS?

FYI. I have also tried terminal emulator with superuser rights. After executing su - the whoami gives "...user0" so it looks like root, but filename changing attempt ends with message "filesystem not writable". Any hint?
I had the same problem, but used Rom Toolbox (free version) as noted in a recent post by rurou and was able to delete the files. Not sure why we are having issues with ES File Explorer.

andoyanna
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by v35lee View Post
I had the same problem, but used Rom Toolbox (free version) as noted in a recent post by rurou and was able to delete the files. Not sure why we are having issues with ES File Explorer.
I used Es File Explorer without any issue. Try updating su binaries using superuser app!

mangoman
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I think root explorer is still the one you should use when changing files etc. It just works.

tinpak5536
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Did u install busybox first??

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v35lee View Post

eses1234
Old
(Last edited by eses1234; 17th April 2012 at 08:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpak5536 View Post
What do you mean by installing busybox. I thought the version ...SP3+root was supposed to be already rooted. What else should we do? Should I install busybox additionally? How to check busybox manually?

The things I have validated:

1. There is superuser app installed in a system and says it grants superuser rights to file explorers when they are started (at least is says so) .
2. The /mnt/sdcard/sanixupdate dir contains busybox (size 752,32K)
3. RootCheckerBasic says the device is rooted.

I have checked and sanixupdate attached to previous ICS ROM contained another busybox (size 808,75K - bigger one). Can anybody validate which one is correct? Can I just reinstall Superuser (free), or maybe busybox (free) from Playstore? Will it work with ...SP3 ROM?

lukemeedad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ES explorer doesn't work for me. Root explorer is the one you must use.

tinpak5536
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
What do you mean by installing busybox. I thought the version ...SP3+root was supposed to be already rooted. What else should we do? Should I install busybox additionally? How to check busybox manually?

The things I have validated:

1. There is superuser app installed in a system and says it grants superuser rights to file explorers when they are started (at least is says so) .
2. The /mnt/sdcard/sanixupdate dir contains busybox (size 752,32K)
3. RootCheckerBasic says the device is rooted.

I have checked and sanixupdate attached to previous ICS ROM contained another busybox (size 808,75K - bigger one). Can anybody validate which one is correct? Can I just reinstall Superuser (free), or maybe busybox (free) from Playstore? Will it work with ...SP3 ROM?
yes if didn't have busybox,SU file will not work correctly.U can download it at Playstore for free.

eses1234
Old
(Last edited by eses1234; 17th April 2012 at 04:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpak5536 View Post
yes if didn't have busybox,SU file will not work correctly.U can download it at Playstore for free.
I have just:
1. installed busybox (free) from Playstore, (/system/xbin/busybox is now dated today 17.04.2012 - brand new)
2. Installed SuUpdateFixer (free) from Playstore. It says the superuser.apk signature is OK,
3. Updated Superuser.apk (was ver. 3.0.3 /system/xbin/su installed on 10.04.2012, now 3.0.3.2 /system/xbin/su dated 17.04.2012 - brand new)
4. rebooted tab

and... still no success. Cannot modify single system file - I have also tried to modify one system text file (build.properties) with NO SUCCESS. Looks like system folders cannot be mounted to writable. Can I mount it somehow manually?

rurou
Old
(Last edited by rurou; 17th April 2012 at 05:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
and... still no success. Cannot modify single system file - I have also tried to modify one system text file (build.properties) with NO SUCCESS. Looks like system folders cannot be mounted to writable. Can I mount it somehow manually?
Download remount in play store (or better yet, download "mount /system " in play store) , choose the /cust folder as rw, click on the title.
The Following User Says Thank You to rurou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Leion
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Remount app with es file manager, renamed the jnlgraphics file. Ezpdf worked again! Thanks!

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

Tags
huawei, mediapad, root, springboard