Help !

17th April 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay
Thanks Meter: 484

1,944 posts
More
im using nik's trinity rom sensation xl 4.5 .. my wifi keeps going off after a while when i press the power button n the screen goes off .. its like it disconnects the wifi in standby mode :S
17th April 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 995

1,627 posts
More
It's entirely possible that it does. Try another rom if it's a problem.
17th April 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,279

2,107 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicjas

im using nik's trinity rom sensation xl 4.5 .. my wifi keeps going off after a while when i press the power button n the screen goes off .. its like it disconnects the wifi in standby mode :S

Have you checked your power options?
if you are on power saver mode (if the rom supports that), then every time your phone locks all network will be disconnected to save battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to letmedanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 208

849 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicjas

I'm using the 14_M radio right now with this rom. Been using this radio since yesterday morning and I haven't had the wifi drop or disconnect as of yet that I'm aware of. Might want to give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to acme anvil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 440

1,378 posts
Check the advanced options in Wi-Fi menu of settings, maybe the Wi-Fi sleep policy settings are set to OFF whenever SLEEP/SCREEN OFF. Change it to ALWAYS ON, or NEVER WHEN CHARGING. Tends to drain the battery a lot more, if set to always on. I use wifi manager by Kostya Vasiliyev (available in the Google play store) to get fast WiFi lock-on after screen on/wake.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA
Last edited by Cookie Ninja; 17th April 2012 at 09:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay
Thanks Meter: 484

1,944 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragapa97

Check the advanced options in Wi-Fi menu of settings, maybe the Wi-Fi sleep policy settings are set to OFF whenever SLEEP/SCREEN OFF. Change it to ALWAYS ON, or NEVER WHEN CHARGING. Tends to drain the battery a lot more, if set to always on. I use wifi manager by Kostya Vasiliyev (available in the Google play store) to get fast WiFi lock-on after screen on/wake.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

i checked that and it was set to 15 minutes after screen went off ...thanks alot !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Incredible S General by ThreadRank