XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help !

Tip us?

demonicangell™
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 396
Unhappy Help !

im using nik's trinity rom sensation xl 4.5 .. my wifi keeps going off after a while when i press the power button n the screen goes off .. its like it disconnects the wifi in standby mode :S

Nonverbose
Old
Thanks Meter 992
It's entirely possible that it does. Try another rom if it's a problem.
Phone: Incredible S s-off
Hboot: Revolutionary
Recovery: 4EXT touch
Kernel: Redux
Radio: 3831.18.00.28_M

letmedanz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicjas View Post
im using nik's trinity rom sensation xl 4.5 .. my wifi keeps going off after a while when i press the power button n the screen goes off .. its like it disconnects the wifi in standby mode :S
Have you checked your power options?
if you are on power saver mode (if the rom supports that), then every time your phone locks all network will be disconnected to save battery.
NEXUS 5
BeanStalk - Elemental - Viper4Android - xPosed

HTC ONE
Stock KitKat

The Following User Says Thank You to letmedanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acme anvil
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicjas View Post
I'm using the 14_M radio right now with this rom. Been using this radio since yesterday morning and I haven't had the wifi drop or disconnect as of yet that I'm aware of. Might want to give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to acme anvil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cookie Ninja
Old
(Last edited by Cookie Ninja; 17th April 2012 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 372
Check the advanced options in Wi-Fi menu of settings, maybe the Wi-Fi sleep policy settings are set to OFF whenever SLEEP/SCREEN OFF. Change it to ALWAYS ON, or NEVER WHEN CHARGING. Tends to drain the battery a lot more, if set to always on. I use wifi manager by Kostya Vasiliyev (available in the Google play store) to get fast WiFi lock-on after screen on/wake.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA
MY OLD DEVICES
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=2863&id6=1967
CURRENT DEVICE /S
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock, LB, Root (101 F/W) (Mine!)
Xperia ZL C 6502; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Nexus 7 (2012)Stock KK Root KOT49H(Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013) Stock 4.3, Root (Ours).
Xperia JLo ST26i-Stock,Root (Son's)
Asus TF 101 ARHD; Root (Mom's)

Need Indian Fonts? Check my thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1560715
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demonicangell™
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragapa97 View Post
Check the advanced options in Wi-Fi menu of settings, maybe the Wi-Fi sleep policy settings are set to OFF whenever SLEEP/SCREEN OFF. Change it to ALWAYS ON, or NEVER WHEN CHARGING. Tends to drain the battery a lot more, if set to always on. I use wifi manager by Kostya Vasiliyev (available in the Google play store) to get fast WiFi lock-on after screen on/wake.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA
i checked that and it was set to 15 minutes after screen went off ...thanks alot !