Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid 3 xt862 mms/wap settings on Alltel

Tip us?

thajiveone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Droid 3 xt862 mms/wap settings on Alltel

I've got an xt862 activated on Alltel but am unable to get mms/web configured and working. It does work on web when connected to Wifi but of course if I'm going to use this device I need mobile web. It works for talk and text but no mms and no web.

I had to manually put in the MDN/MIN in order to get my number programmed. I am in one of the few areas where Verizon and Alltel are supposedly separate. After manually programming MDN then *228 would dial to Alltel prompt as opposed to VZW's prompt before I programmed manually. The phone seems to have the vzw stock rom.

I am switching from a Motorola a854 (defective screen). I copied any programming settings from the a854 to xt862 that I could, even if they weren't necessary(IMSI, country code, etc). I did an APN Backup and Restore from my old device to the new one, and also tried an APN Backup found online supposedly for Alltel devices.

Sorry for the noob post but I've searched multiple forums in an attempt to get any resolution to this issue and wanted to avoid creating my own thread.
Any assistance would be appreciated, I do not foresee any world traveling in my future so standard CDMA connectivity is all I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance and sorry for long post, tried to be brief while remaining thorough.

huhu1312
Old
Thanks Meter 9
huhu, if the apn restore worked u maybe just need to tick the checkbox
to activate the apn
settings->wireless & networks->mobile networks->access point names

if there is no entry u have to add the APN manually
http://www.pccard.co.uk/support/ufaq...parameters.php

thajiveone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhu1312 View Post
huhu, if the apn restore worked u maybe just need to tick the checkbox
to activate the apn
settings->wireless & networks->mobile networks->access point names

if there is no entry u have to add the APN manually

Thanks for assistance, but I'm with Alltel (CDMA) and this device only allows selecting APNs in GSM Settings. When I Change Network Mode from CDMA to GSM or Global it will then show no service alltogether. I'm still trying, I feel if I could get the proper APN then I would be ok but I'm not sure. Thanks