Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Battery Life

OP Bo W

15th April 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
I'm sure this has been a topic here but please forgive me not wanting to search for a simple answer.

Question : with average, all round use what can you expect? I'm on eclipse and I leave my screen dim. Leave all my wireless functions off

What are some things I can do to extend?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
16th April 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #2  
Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 51

156 posts
Keep gps off. If only in 3g area...just run 3g only. Wifi will save more battery.
16th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Thanks for the response!

16th April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

50 posts
Cure for bad Bionic battery life: ROOT & Install Eclipse
After rooting (with latest .902 official update) and installing Eclipse 2.2, my battery life is absolutely amazing compared to stock.

I am presently at "1 day 1h 26m" with 16% battery left. I also run a live wall paper.

In addition to that:

I always keep GPS off.
I turn off all "location services." in Settings, "location and security"
I use the "brightness level" (free app) widget and keep it at 0% mostly, 25% - 50% in bright sun.

I turn off wifi when not in my home wifi zone, make sure it is on at home.

I never use bluetooth and have that turned off.

your mileage may vary. but I am consistently getting over 20 hours with moderate use - an hour or 2 web surfing twice a day. lots of email checking. sometimes actually making phone calls.

Basically, whatever you do that keeps the screen on burns battery.
rooting and installing a rom that has built in battery efficiency code is very cool!
17th April 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 107

257 posts
Donate to Me
More
"Smart actions" was just ported to the bionic.
I don't know if it works on eclipse but it works with the stock rom.
17th April 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

106 posts
More
Only works with ics rooms.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
17th April 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

122 posts
Turn off gps and BT, and only turn em on when beeded. Using wifi wherever possible is the key! The problem is, on stock and other custom non-ics roms, when you connect to wifi, it disconnects the 3g/4g radio, but doesnt turn it off.....hence defeating the purpose.

I always leave my wifi radio on. and I made a simple rule in tasker.....if wifi connected, disable radio. On disconnect, enable radio. and thats it. Ull have full data, phone calls, and SMS. MMS will come thru, but ull have to go to 3g/4g to fully download it.

For me, I have wifi at home, work, and at gym. I can get a good 30 hours with the right mix and normal use. (standard battery).

Good luck...
17th April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docluv01

Turn off gps and BT, and only turn em on when beeded. Using wifi wherever possible is the key! The problem is, on stock and other custom non-ics roms, when you connect to wifi, it disconnects the 3g/4g radio, but doesnt turn it off.....hence defeating the purpose.

I always leave my wifi radio on. and I made a simple rule in tasker.....if wifi connected, disable radio. On disconnect, enable radio. and thats it. Ull have full data, phone calls, and SMS. MMS will come thru, but ull have to go to 3g/4g to fully download it.

For me, I have wifi at home, work, and at gym. I can get a good 30 hours with the right mix and normal use. (standard battery).

Good luck...

Stock rom?

17th April 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

122 posts
Im using Eclipse.
18th April 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 175

192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr4x4

Only works with ics rooms.

Smartactions works on my GB roms no problem. Some of the triggers don't work right because it isn't a perfect hack.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread