Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][AOKP-Milestone 5]Galaxian-Soup[GT-7310/7300][05.01.2012]

Tip us?

zooster
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Guys just to understand because I'm pretty new to this device. What's the difference between Galaxysoup AOSP and AOKP? Pros and contras?

HTC Sensation Z710e- ViperS 3.1.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 - StockRom V8

pseudoheld
Old
Thanks Meter 511
i just f*cked up my installed cm9 so i thought i might aswell give this a try.
i do however would like the latest version so im gonna go with the wifi build r31.
shame there is no 3g build r31 out.
how about compiling one? please guys
Phone: Nexus 5 Rom: SlimKat Kernel: Franco, ElementalX, or sth else
Tablet: Galaxy Tab 8.9 Rom: Stock Based ICS Mod
Retired Phone: Motorola RAZR
Retired Phone: Nexus One Rom: ICS BCM
Did I help you? Hit the thanks button

RenoXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi, Release 3 is with motley kernel v3+ and it's based on AOKP build 29.

AOKP has released the build 31, i want flash the last build with the Montley Kernel... but i cant find the standalone kernel...

Mind to update ur Galaxian-Soup with the last AOKP build?
The Following User Says Thank You to RenoXDA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harry_fine
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Just wondering nycbjr, is this ROM going to be updated to the newer releases? Are there still but fixes being worked on?

I don't want to appear ungrateful for your hard work, it's a great ROM, but if it's static and won't have wifi fixed or the camera updated when the time comes, there is no point sticking with it.

Thank you

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine View Post
Just wondering nycbjr, is this ROM going to be updated to the newer releases? Are there still but fixes being worked on?

I don't want to appear ungrateful for your hard work, it's a great ROM, but if it's static and won't have wifi fixed or the camera updated when the time comes, there is no point sticking with it.

Thank you
If you read the original post and search the thread for wifi and camera/s I think you'll find the answers to all of your questions.

harry_fine
Old
(Last edited by harry_fine; 17th April 2012 at 06:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
With the greatest of respect, I did read all the posts, I've been following since the beginning. I was wondering with the AOKP folks being on build 32, whether or not we would be getting an upgrade.

Yes, I have a concern like everyone else about the camera but I know that's a problem across all ROM's. However if this one wasn't being developed, then it would not have a camera...not ever. There is no law that a ROM has to be developed forever.

Stennan
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Mediaserver sucks (my battery)

Hi, i had the regular AOSP version and switched to AOKP. Really like the ROM control settings, but media server drains 20% of my battery overnight at 97% of the total battery drain. Wiped everything in Recovery before flashing AOKP, will this fix itself after a couple of reboots or do i need to edit the build prop?

nycbjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 987

DONATE TO ME
Default hey kids!

New builds posted in OP! wifi and 3g, based on AOKP b32.

The 3g build was limited tested so please let us know asap if there are any connection type issues. Hereby placing another call for volunteer 3g pre-testers!

Please IM me if interested

Thanks!
CMB Roms Headmaster

Current Devices
Nexus 5
LG G Pad 8.3
Sony Xperia ZL
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP311

Recognized developer on Rootwiki
"Rooter" of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (and Tab 2 10.1)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycbjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nycbjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine View Post
With the greatest of respect, I did read all the posts, I've been following since the beginning. I was wondering with the AOKP folks being on build 32, whether or not we would be getting an upgrade.

Yes, I have a concern like everyone else about the camera but I know that's a problem across all ROM's. However if this one wasn't being developed, then it would not have a camera...not ever. There is no law that a ROM has to be developed forever.
We've been working on the camera for all gtab 8.9s (we would immediately share with all rom builders), but its not as easy as snapping your fingers. I personally have spent 12+ hours attempting to adapt the ICS wrapper (which has little to no documentation and isn't even for our SOC).

Blame samsung for their lack of expediency in releasing the source code or a rom. Once that happens (or a miracle of programming genius) we will add the camera support post haste.

For the record we will continue to develop this and the AOSP rom (and perhaps another), we have the experience to bring you quality. We hope you continue to appreciate our effort's, my build env is fixed so updates will come faster.

Ciao
CMB Roms Headmaster

Current Devices
Nexus 5
LG G Pad 8.3
Sony Xperia ZL
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP311

Recognized developer on Rootwiki
"Rooter" of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (and Tab 2 10.1)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycbjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stennan
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I think i figured out what was keeping mediaserver and thus my tablet awake over night. I watched a video in MX player in the evening but didn't finish it and thus i could resume the morning after. No other media apps were running and now after a reboot my standby drain is less then 5 %.

Is this a bug? And if so should i send a logcat(?) to you guys or contact the MX dev?