I have to do more things before launch Zeus v6.2, but ATM:
- Repetitive GsmDataConnectionTracker logging removed (with option to restore it through ZeusTweaker). Not only avoid to show the log... it avoids too all the operations to generate the strings -> A very little little CPU cycles saving.
- Runtime options through system properties (build.prop, local.prop, setprop command) to define GsmDataConnectionTracker polling interval and to disable FastDormancy (only useful in cases where the operator doesn't support FD). I'll add the possibility at ZeusTweaker to control that stuff.
- I've enabled VPN submenu at Settings. With that and some older kernel modifications, please try if VPN works now. OpenVPN nowadays is working.
- I've removed SoftwareUpdate and OSP items at Settings.
- I've returned Airplane mode to Power Menu!!!
- I've dropped the option to disable Scrolling Cache... is not interesting IMHO. Who wants it, I can pass you the thread where you can view how to do it by yourselfs...
I'm forgetting something for sure...
Regarding to Wifi Hotspot... I don't know why it doesn't work, but I haven't touched any related to that...
In the past, I installed 'Wireless Tether for Root Users' from market. It's a very good app, I recommend it. Tha fact is that, after installing this app, internal Wifi Hotspot returned to work!!! It's possible that after unnistalling the app, the hostpot kept working... If I have the time, I'll look into it, or better, I can add the app and remove the hotspot option from Settings.