No registration required

[Rom][7-4-12][ZV9]Broken Out Revo 2.0 w/ BlitzKrieg Kernel

OP mtmichaelson

17th April 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #311  
Flag West Fargo
Thanks Meter: 131

603 posts
More
I've having an issue where my phone just seems to generally slow down. The lock screen is choppy and it sometimes takes a few seconds to unlock, it's like it sits there thinking.

Nothing too serious, and I'm not even sure if I'd call it BO related.

Does anyone else find that we have like 1.3gb that we can install apps on but if you use more than like 200-250mbs the phone starts to slow down. I really wish this had better memory.
17th April 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #312  
Thanks Meter: 48

586 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre1206

I used to get the vibe of death at least twice a day on Stock then when I went to GV it went to maybe 1 every other day. Now on BO I was so excited that I had gone over 10 days without one until randomly yesterday when I got two text at the same time it happened. I have my phone on vibrate so I don't have it going off at work. To me the vibe of death is a minor inconvenience just like the random reboots which I have had twice since the vibe of death and nothing before that. Could they be connected or just a coincidence?

Idk if any of you use handcent or go sms but I found out if you have the vibrate set to anything but the stock medium length one, like handcent default one is two short quick ones, it will cause vibe of death to happen a lot.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA
17th April 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #313  
Flag Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revo_65

Idk if any of you use handcent or go sms but I found out if you have the vibrate set to anything but the stock medium length one, like handcent default one is two short quick ones, it will cause vibe of death to happen a lot.

Never used either of them. I recently turned it to vibrate all the time and am thinking that with turning it down to vibrate may cause some loop at random times where the phone doesn't think and tries to vibrate twice at the same time. It must be confused.
17th April 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #314  
Flag No. Kentucky/Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cam

I've having an issue where my phone just seems to generally slow down. The lock screen is choppy and it sometimes takes a few seconds to unlock, it's like it sits there thinking.

Does anyone else find that we have like 1.3gb that we can install apps on but if you use more than like 200-250mbs the phone starts to slow down. I really wish this had better memory.

You only get about 360MB for the OS & active apps. I'm running at 265MB right now with 97 MB free.

You probably have a poorly-written app that's not going to sleep properly. For instance, I found that with the "United Airlines" app caused my phone to run very sluggish. Once I uninstalled it, the phone ran smooth as silk again.
17th April 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #315  
Thanks Meter: 9

156 posts
More
Anyone having data issues? All of a sudden I have to reboot, remove battery etc so that I may receive email.
17th April 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #316  
Flag Nashua, NH
Thanks Meter: 57

328 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cam

Same here man. Seems to happen a lot after waking up the phone and unlocking...the phone just basically freezes for a while. I don't know if its an app causing this or what but I never had this prob with GV, only BO.
17th April 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #317  
Thanks Meter: 108

602 posts
My biggest problem right now is the screen always freezing then having to lock the phone and unlocking it to work again. Happens a good 3-5 times a day once it happened 12 times so I pretty much put my phone down because it got quite annoying.
18th April 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #318  

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeauch

Same here man. Seems to happen a lot after waking up the phone and unlocking...the phone just basically freezes for a while. I don't know if its an app causing this or what but I never had this prob with GV, only BO.

I am getting this as well. Had 2 vib reboots today.
Also how do I keep apps and things from auto starting. I will kill something and it starts right back up?

18th April 2012, 07:39 AM   |  #319  
Thanks Meter: 9

376 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty_52

I am getting this as well. Had 2 vib reboots today.
Also how do I keep apps and things from auto starting. I will kill something and it starts right back up?

You can use Gemini App Manager. make sure your phone is rooted.
Or you can use rom toolbox.
Either .
18th April 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #320  
Flag Roswell, Ga

116 posts
Anyone still have lingering verizon apps and other Amazon Kindle stuff, doesn't seem as cleaned out as Gingervolt was.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread