Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-off discussion

Tip us?

pside15
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 376
Default S-off discussion

Starting this thread for any discussion of the s-off tool in development or s-off talk in general. Hopefully this will help keep the development thread clear of chatter.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
LG G3 (T-Mobile)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pside15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ratworks
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Good idea, I wish there was more of this on XDA.

Perhaps if for each development project there was a dedicated thread for chatter, expressions of thanks, etc people would feel more comfortable using it.

Development threads might not grow to thousands of entries, with almost 0% of the entries actually about development.

I'm new here, post count is very low - but my posting habits won't change when I eventually get to 10 posts - unless I do get around to actually doing some Android development I can't see a reason for posting in the dev area.

I guess though that some dev's may prefer it the way it is, as a sign of recognition, or something...

Russell

lebmb
Old
Thanks Meter 48
thank you for doing this, i was just thinking the same thing
Devices:
MDA-->Tilt-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro2-->Moto Droid GSM&CDMA(Desk Clock)-->HD2-->Hero-->EVO--> Thunderbolt-->Inspire-->MyTouch 4G-->Atrix 1&2&HD--> Backflip-->Sensation-->Vivid--> Nexus S-->Nexus 1-->Incredible S-->Amaze-->Galaxy S 4G & Vibrant & Captivate-->Galaxy S2 i777 & i727 & T989-->Kindle Fire & Galaxy8.9 & Xoom-->Galaxy S3-->One X-->Chromecast Rooted-->DNA at&t-->HTC One-->Butterfly S

“Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them.” James A. Michener

bproulx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Yay we can yap! ..lol.. is it done yet? Jk..i hope we get it soon. I hate being left behind on GB cuz of my non-upgraded bootloader..

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using Chuck Norris.

strose09
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Honestly you are not missing much imo. GB was so damn efficient I don't see a huge revolutionary change. ICS is very smooth and fast with the help of the developers many to be named I don't want to leave anyone out. But don't feel like you're so far behind bc you are not. Only recently has there been a few more roms to try out.

zacgoesrawr
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
will s-off make it say easier to get ASOP type roms on to this phone?
MacBook Pro Retina 2012, 2.3GHz Quad Core (3.3GHz Turbo)/ 16GB RAM OS X Mountain Lion

iMac 27in Late 2011 3.4 i7 Quad Core OS X Lion 10.7.3 & Windows 7

Zotac Z-Box HD-ID11 OSx86 / Ubuntu / Windows 8

iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1

Nexus 7 32GB Wi-Fi

tanner4137
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Not necessarily, but it will work for all devices (vivid, holiday, velocity) with no porting and wou will be able to flash everything right from your phone, no computer needed.

Samsung A177
Rumor Touch
Samsung Intercept
Motorola Triumph
HTC Vivid
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
AT&T HTC One X
Nexus 4
iPhone 4s
Nexus 4
HTC One
iPhone 5
Galaxy S3 (temp replacement)
Nexus 4
Galaxy S4 (Google Play Edition)

kevsthabest
Old
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Having s-off has its advantages. Having being part of the beta I can tell its great.
The best for it is being really for developing New Roms and aosp. Makes a lot less of a hassle to flash New kernels and firmware.

I'm sure we won't have to wait much longer for the beta to be over, its a fairly simple process but they have to make sure its foolproof so we don't have a lot of bricks like we suffered with the ota release that happened.

come at me bro
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
I should have jumped on irc

If I've helped you out hit the "Thanks" button or buy me a beer

bananacakes
Old
Thanks Meter 808

DONATE TO ME
if becomes S-off, then I would like to try porting sense 4.0..

Lesser Competencies:

Holiday-GB-Kernel, Holiday-ICS-Kernel, Desire-GB-Kernel, Holiday-ROM, Desire-ROM

HTC-Vivid-Raider-Velocity-android-dev.us

I'm not good at speaking English. so there could be a misunderstanding. But I'm speaking Korean well