XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]Thrill Seeker 2.1 <A little MOAR V20p Ginger Goodness>

Tip us?

rodcleve
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeAria View Post
So far no fix for 4g other than reverting the flex.xml.
What is the real problem with 4g. Is indicator not just showing or are you not really getting 4g speed? I'm thinking about flashing to ROM.

Also, what is reverting the flex.xml? I thought others were getting no results from doing that.
Nook Tablet (Rooted)
Samsung Captivate (Stock ROM - Rooted)
HTC Tilt II (TPC ROM)
HTC Fuze (TPC ROM - Sold)
Samsung Blackjack II (Back-up Phone)
HTC Cingular 2125 (Broken screen)
HP Jornado 545 (Still works with power adapter only)

I don't drink Apple Kool-aid.

hackedout
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Editting the flex xml has done numerous things to my phone. On most roms, in my experience it will cause the contact's to force close, the keyboard fails in landscape(but only on home screens; it works in the browser.), in the bio rom changing to the wrong xml causes the bluetooth crash. It will however put an H+ at the top of your screen; but I get the same speeds nomatter what my notification bar says. Do some speed tests, if your willing to sacrifice the stableility of your phone you can get an H+ at the top of your phone.

metalgod862
Old
(Last edited by metalgod862; 17th April 2012 at 07:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcleve View Post
What is the real problem with 4g. Is indicator not just showing or are you not really getting 4g speed? I'm thinking about flashing to ROM.

Also, what is reverting the flex.xml? I thought others were getting no results from doing that.
I would like to know the answer as well, is it only 2.1 that doesn't have 4g as well?

EDIT: I ended up just flashing it anyways I still have an H in the top corner

rodcleve
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod862 View Post
I would like to know the answer as well, is it only 2.1 that doesn't have 4g as well?

EDIT: I ended up just flashing it anyways I still have an H in the top corner
Have you done a speed test to see if speeds changed? I'm about to flash but don't want to loose any 4g speed I have now. If it is just cosmetics with the icon, I'm OK with that.
Nook Tablet (Rooted)
HTC Tilt II (TPC ROM)

hackedout
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Great. Now if you go into system/etc/flex/flex.xml and change USA to US, you will get the H+, but things will go wrong. do speed tests with each and pick witch one you want to keep. If you change flex back to USA and reboot all will be norm again.

rodcleve
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackedout View Post
Great. Now if you go into system/etc/flex/flex.xml and change USA to US, you will get the H+, but things will go wrong. do speed tests with each and pick witch one you want to keep. If you change flex back to USA and reboot all will be norm again.
Thanks, but I think I will wait on Aria to fix 4g or someone give an update on 4g speed test with this ROM before installing. Can't Wait!!!!
Nook Tablet (Rooted)
HTC Tilt II (TPC ROM)

kurrptsenate
Old
Thanks Meter 7
This phone is not a 4g phone. It's a misnomer. Its more like 3G+. The thrill is not an LTE phone.

Just remember that

WattB006
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I just switched it back to USA from US in the flex.xml file. I didn't notice and significant increase in data speed and was getting tired of seeing FC every now and again. Still an excellent ROM and cant wait to see whats next.

donavo
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurrptsenate View Post
This phone is not a 4g phone. It's a misnomer. Its more like 3G+. The thrill is not an LTE phone.

Just remember that

Can someone please verify this? If this is true then what the hell? Everywhere I looked this phone was advertised as 4g lte. But I've never been able to compare my network speed to any of the newer ones... They completely beat my phone always........ This is crazy.... So this phone is not even legit 4g.....?

JReeher
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavo View Post
Can someone please verify this? If this is true then what the hell? Everywhere I looked this phone was advertised as 4g lte. But I've never been able to compare my network speed to any of the newer ones... They completely beat my phone always........ This is crazy.... So this phone is not even legit 4g.....?
HSPA+ I believe its different than LTE

Sent from my LG Thrill dripping AcidHAZARD