XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ICS 4.04 for u8800pro - Version 4.1 .35 Kernel

Tip us?

qwerty12
Old
Thanks Meter 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filatov.p View Post
There are so many new process and system apps, I'm sure most of them may be safely deleted, but which exactly? No one wanna find out?
I'm running 2.07 and I could swear that removing Wiper.apk has re-enabled the use of my Camera again (either that or the switching of the /system/lib/ folder with the 2.06 one and then back again)...

Quote:
2.06 search button behave like power button O_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and change "key 217 POWER" to "key 217 SEARCH"
iPad 4 (jailbroken)
New NFCLockScreenEnabler with fixes and big improvements by madfish and Mohammad: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Filatov.p
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I'm running 2.07 and I could swear that removing Wiper.apk has re-enabled the use of my Camera again (either that or the switching of the /system/lib/ folder with the 2.06 one and then back again)...
where did you get 2.07 for Pro? Share it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Filatov.p For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qwerty12
Old
(Last edited by qwerty12; 14th April 2012 at 06:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 274
Quote:
where did you get 2.07 for Pro? Share it!
I "made" it by comparing dzo's 2.06 release to Sakura's 2.06 and then applying the differences to 2.07.

It's really bad with regards to video related stuff, however, because dzo has updated Qualcomm stuff in the ROM to work better with his 3.0 kernel. When I was first using it, MX Video Player would crash and the Camera wouldn't start; I somehow fixed it by transferring 2.06's lib folder and then restarting, and then transferring 2.07's lib folder again and restarting. I then got a message saying that "Wiper had a problem" (because it's not able to find the library it needs in the lib folder - I transferred the lib folder from a ZIP file which does not store symlinks and the file Wiper wants is a symlink) so I deleted the Wiper APK and my camera started working.

However, video related stuff is still odd - AVIs are now H/W accelerated but Flash acts a little weird when going fullscreen (some overlay elements aren't visible) and when playing one WMV file I have that would automatically put MX Video Player into S/W decoding mode and play fine now causes a black screen with audio present but I have to force MX to play in S/W mode manually.

To be honest, I'd downgrade but like an idiot I deleted my modified 2.06 ZIP so I can't... I also deleted my 2.07 ZIP because I'm the the process of migrating from Xubuntu to Arch Linux and need all the space I can get... I do have some hacks that I need to share like almost-working keypad backlight without automatic brightness (although it still goes off randomly and I have to use the backlight widget to turn it on again) and data roaming notifications removed because my phone keeps switching between T-Mobile and T-Mobile Orange networks. If you really want to try 2.07, I'll prepare a ZIP again in a few days (hopefully, Sakura beats me to it) but I recommend staying with 2.06 for now
iPad 4 (jailbroken)
New NFCLockScreenEnabler with fixes and big improvements by madfish and Mohammad: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alfaomega93
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Everything great with this rom, but sometimes i get a strange issue.

I can't read a mail or a webpage because it's totally white! I get the same problem sometimes with Instagram and alway with Pulse.

Is it just me?

I'm using 2.06

Filatov.p
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaomega93 View Post

I can't read a mail or a webpage because it's totally white! I get the same problem sometimes with Instagram and alway with Pulse.

Is it just me?

I'm using 2.06
I'm ok with that, never white screen appeared.

I wonder where should we see the real number oа free RAM? Standard app shows 160-170, ES says it's 80-90. Who's right?

neruxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaomega93 View Post

Is it just me?

I'm using 2.06
I have this issue too, only on facebook app and w/2d hwa forced on

Enviado desde mi U8800pro usando Tapatalk

Filatov.p
Old
(Last edited by Filatov.p; 17th April 2012 at 06:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 83
DZO is uploading 2.08 version, since we have only 2.06. If it continues I will buy 8800Pro for him myself!

UPD: Version 2.07 by Louie, core 2.6.35.7
Download
Gapps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Filatov.p For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bagde
Old
Thanks Meter 5
can you add changelog?

Filatov.p
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagde View Post
can you add changelog?
what takes you so hard to read it in Dzo's thread by side?

Version 2.07_test
Update to latest tagged release for msm7x30 (M7630AABBQMLZA4040305I)
Change touchscreen mode to avoid jitter
Update some proprietary binaries
Fix failure to send vreg rpc to the modem from causing battery drain sometimes
Wifi fix for occasional reboots
In /system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini I have set gMaxPsPoll=1 because without this wifi doesn't stay connected during sleep. Some people claim this gives problems when connecting to certain APs but I have never seen this.

O&S
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Used 2.0.1 and 2.0.6 both at first evrything is good, but after some daily use they get laggy, and some bugs starts apearing, but on the other hand updates are prety fast, so in my opinion this room has bright future.