Post Reply

[ROM][OCT 1][ICS 4.0.4] aospX 1.0.0-MR1 | IMM76L | Source | WIP

17th April 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #2451  
nhshah7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 357
 
1,645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennyc

Did anyone else face reboots while using Google maps?

I was on the road this weekend and have had to do some battery pulls while using Google maps.

Just curious. Its most likely my device.

I noticed that log cat for the browser restart has been posted. Hopefully I will get the logs for maps up if it happens again.

Cheers

Awaiting AR29

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

I and someone else reported this too. I was too lazy to post a logcat but will if its still an issue in AR 29. Cheers!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
17th April 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #2452  
existz's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 7,343
 
4,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
As for the Maps issue, I'm not sure if its something with the GPS lib or if its something with actual maps app...or something totally different ...But with AR29 I've started compiling GPS lib from source instead of using a pre built lib...so hopefully that fixes it. If not then yea I'll need a logcat log of the issue.

I'm gonna post this again in case someone missed it...AR29 will require a full wipe (will also post this with download link)...There's been a ton of updates , and some of them are pretty major (such as skia/webkit rebased off of CodeAuroras, some kgsl, vidc, pmem updates to kernel, tons of fixes all throughout the framework, updated display driver with CAF, tons of updates from AOSP master, plus tons of more stuff.. So a full wipe is definitely going to be needed. I also think I got the home screen stuttering fixed...I believe it was due to the CodeAurora performance class added awhile back, which controlled CPU speed, and scrolling speed during certain situations. But I'll need you guys to confirm for me.

I will have AR29 up tomorrow sometime, unless something big comes along...but that's atleast the plan..Would have had it up sooner but the CAF webkit/skia rebase took longer than expected and also trying to figure out the stuttering bug has consumed a lot of my time. So start getting everything backed up because it will be HIGHLY advised NOT to do a dirty install.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #2453  
stavros3006's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 104
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz

I also think I got the home screen stuttering fixed...I believe it was due to the CodeAurora performance class added awhile back, which controlled CPU speed, and scrolling speed during certain situations. But I'll need you guys to confirm for me.

Even if this is the case, just out of curiosity, why were only a few people experiencing the stutter and not all of us? And the strangest thing is that after more than a week of use, AR28 is buttery smooth for me, just like AR26 was.
17th April 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #2454  
Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 30
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros3006

Even if this is the case, just out of curiosity, why were only a few people experiencing the stutter and not all of us? And the strangest thing is that after more than a week of use, AR28 is buttery smooth for me, just like AR26 was.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it may be a "burn in" thing like with radios. It seems like (and would make a little sense), the portions that control the software hardware interface take a little time to work in after install... I mean, as a PC tech, that makes no sense to me, but it seems common on the Inspire.
That still doesn't explain the fact that most of us didn't see it (or that it was so minor, even at first, that we didn't notice it).
The Following User Says Thank You to ST3ALTHPSYCH0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #2455  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhshah7

I and someone else reported this too. I was too lazy to post a logcat but will if its still an issue in AR 29. Cheers!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Google has posted an update to Maps today. Changelog simply says "Critical bug fix". I've just updated and it doesn't crash any more
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitchelln For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #2456  
stavros3006's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 104
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3ALTHPSYCH0

I mean, as a PC tech, that makes no sense to me, but it seems common on the Inspire.

Yeah, same here, it's not like it's a living thing that can "learn" on the way...
17th April 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #2457  
existz's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 7,343
 
4,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Well...as for some seeing it and some not, honestly I "think" possibly 2 reasons...either being it was so minor that some didn't even notice..or plus I figured out if you "swipe" the screen slowly it was when it stuttered, but if you "flinged" the screen it was still smooth...so it could have been just the way the person swiped the screen. At first I didn't notice the stutter at all, but then started seeing it when I swiped or slowly swiped the screen,...but with reverting the CAF performance class I have noticed that now its more smooth and its instant no matter how you swipe/fling the screen. Also it could have all depended on how much load was on the CPU at the time (just guessing)

But again, this is all a guess... For me its barely even noticeable, so it could just be me getting use to it and not seeing it now. As I said earlier I'm not 100% if this fixed it...there's a chance it had nothing to do with it.
Last edited by existz; 17th April 2012 at 05:50 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #2458  
stavros3006's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 104
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz

Well...as for some seeing it and some not, honestly I "think" possibly 2 reasons...either being it was so minor that some didn't even notice..or plus I figured out if you "swipe" the screen slowly it was when it stuttered, but if you "flinged" the screen it was still smooth...so it could have been just the way the person swiped the screen. At first I didn't notice the stutter at all, but then started seeing it when I swiped or slowly swiped the screen,...but with reverting the CAF performance class I have noticed that now its more smooth and its instant no matter how you swipe/fling the screen. Also it could have all depended on how much load was on the CPU at the time (just guessing)

But again, this is all a guess... For me its barely even noticeable, so it could just be me getting use to it and not seeing it now. As I said earlier I'm not 100% if this fixed it...there's a chance it had nothing to do with it.

Yeah, that makes sense about the way how you swipe the screen. As far as CPU load, since AR27 I've been monitoring the CPU a bit more than I ever did before and what Elixir 2 tells me, the CPU on my device mostly spends it's time in the range of 729-883MHz (not including idle state).
17th April 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #2459  
hellot1M's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 331
 
1,486 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1603595

I mentioned the aroma installer before on this thread and you told me you didn't offer enough features or mods for it to be useful but I wasn't intending for you to build just your rom around the installer but as a side project like these 4 great devs did. They are the 4 leading ics devs for the photon. Miui cm9 cna and aosp. All 4 of the the most popular ics builds with every option available you could possible think of to mix up, kernels, battery tweaks, governors, gapps, apps, launchers, ect. Its worth taking a look for whenever the devs here at inspire are willing to play together.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
17th April 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #2460  
nhshah7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 357
 
1,645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln

Google has posted an update to Maps today. Changelog simply says "Critical bug fix". I've just updated and it doesn't crash any more

Got the update as well. Time will tell if it doesn't reboot again :P

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aospx, existz
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes