Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OCT 1][ICS 4.0.4] aospX 1.0.0-MR1 | IMM76L | Source | WIP

Tip us?

nhshah7
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennyc View Post
Did anyone else face reboots while using Google maps?

I was on the road this weekend and have had to do some battery pulls while using Google maps.

Just curious. Its most likely my device.

I noticed that log cat for the browser restart has been posted. Hopefully I will get the logs for maps up if it happens again.

Cheers

Awaiting AR29

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
I and someone else reported this too. I was too lazy to post a logcat but will if its still an issue in AR 29. Cheers!

Nexus 7 FHD: 4.4.3 stock, unlocked bootloader

HTC One XL: CleanROM 7R2

Nokia Lumia 800: WinPhone 7.8

Retired devices: Asus Transformer Prime, Nokia E62, Nokia E61, HTC Fuze, HTC Tilt2, Nokia E72, HTC Inspire

Hit thanks if I helped you please

existz
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7185

DONATE TO ME
As for the Maps issue, I'm not sure if its something with the GPS lib or if its something with actual maps app...or something totally different ...But with AR29 I've started compiling GPS lib from source instead of using a pre built lib...so hopefully that fixes it. If not then yea I'll need a logcat log of the issue.

I'm gonna post this again in case someone missed it...AR29 will require a full wipe (will also post this with download link)...There's been a ton of updates , and some of them are pretty major (such as skia/webkit rebased off of CodeAuroras, some kgsl, vidc, pmem updates to kernel, tons of fixes all throughout the framework, updated display driver with CAF, tons of updates from AOSP master, plus tons of more stuff.. So a full wipe is definitely going to be needed. I also think I got the home screen stuttering fixed...I believe it was due to the CodeAurora performance class added awhile back, which controlled CPU speed, and scrolling speed during certain situations. But I'll need you guys to confirm for me.

I will have AR29 up tomorrow sometime, unless something big comes along...but that's atleast the plan..Would have had it up sooner but the CAF webkit/skia rebase took longer than expected and also trying to figure out the stuttering bug has consumed a lot of my time. So start getting everything backed up because it will be HIGHLY advised NOT to do a dirty install.
LG Nexus 5
ROM: ParanoidAndroidX 4.4
Kernel: 3.4.0-axdev
Radio: M8974A-1.0.25.0.17

Other Devices
Google Chromecast
HTC Inspire 4G
Samsung Captivate
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1"
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7"

Github: https://github.com/existz
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RobBeane
Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/aospx
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/aospx

LinuxMint Petra [Mate 1.8.0] || 3.13-6.dmz.1-liquorix || AMD A6-4400M 2.7ghz + 8GB
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stavros3006
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz View Post
I also think I got the home screen stuttering fixed...I believe it was due to the CodeAurora performance class added awhile back, which controlled CPU speed, and scrolling speed during certain situations. But I'll need you guys to confirm for me.
Even if this is the case, just out of curiosity, why were only a few people experiencing the stutter and not all of us? And the strangest thing is that after more than a week of use, AR28 is buttery smooth for me, just like AR26 was.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Running Slim Bean

I don't suffer from insanity. I quite enjoy it.

ST3ALTHPSYCH0
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros3006 View Post
Even if this is the case, just out of curiosity, why were only a few people experiencing the stutter and not all of us? And the strangest thing is that after more than a week of use, AR28 is buttery smooth for me, just like AR26 was.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it may be a "burn in" thing like with radios. It seems like (and would make a little sense), the portions that control the software hardware interface take a little time to work in after install... I mean, as a PC tech, that makes no sense to me, but it seems common on the Inspire.
That still doesn't explain the fact that most of us didn't see it (or that it was so minor, even at first, that we didn't notice it).

Phone: Inspire 4g    ROM: AOSPX AR29    Kernel: TalonACE kernel for ICS
Radio: AT&T 12.39a.60.19_26.06.06.30_M & matching RIL

Desktop: ̷W̷i̷n̷d̷o̷w̷s̷ ̷7̷ ̷U̷l̷t̷i̷m̷a̷t̷e̷ ̷x̷6̷4̷ <-HDD issues Currently Fuduntu 64 bit
Laptop: Windows 8 CP

I don't ask for much, but a simple thanks is appreciated if you've benefited from my efforts.

DEVS: Need hosting for your ROM or themes?
PM me about free space on my FTP server.
The Following User Says Thank You to ST3ALTHPSYCH0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitchelln
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhshah7 View Post
I and someone else reported this too. I was too lazy to post a logcat but will if its still an issue in AR 29. Cheers!

Google has posted an update to Maps today. Changelog simply says "Critical bug fix". I've just updated and it doesn't crash any more
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitchelln For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stavros3006
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3ALTHPSYCH0 View Post
I mean, as a PC tech, that makes no sense to me, but it seems common on the Inspire.
Yeah, same here, it's not like it's a living thing that can "learn" on the way...
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Running Slim Bean

existz
Old
(Last edited by existz; 17th April 2012 at 05:50 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7185

DONATE TO ME
Well...as for some seeing it and some not, honestly I "think" possibly 2 reasons...either being it was so minor that some didn't even notice..or plus I figured out if you "swipe" the screen slowly it was when it stuttered, but if you "flinged" the screen it was still smooth...so it could have been just the way the person swiped the screen. At first I didn't notice the stutter at all, but then started seeing it when I swiped or slowly swiped the screen,...but with reverting the CAF performance class I have noticed that now its more smooth and its instant no matter how you swipe/fling the screen. Also it could have all depended on how much load was on the CPU at the time (just guessing)

But again, this is all a guess... For me its barely even noticeable, so it could just be me getting use to it and not seeing it now. As I said earlier I'm not 100% if this fixed it...there's a chance it had nothing to do with it.
LG Nexus 5
ROM: ParanoidAndroidX 4.4
Kernel: 3.4.0-axdev
Radio: M8974A-1.0.25.0.17

Other Devices
Google Chromecast
HTC Inspire 4G
Samsung Captivate
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1"
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7"

Github: https://github.com/existz
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RobBeane
Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/aospx
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/aospx

LinuxMint Petra [Mate 1.8.0] || 3.13-6.dmz.1-liquorix || AMD A6-4400M 2.7ghz + 8GB
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stavros3006
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz View Post
Well...as for some seeing it and some not, honestly I "think" possibly 2 reasons...either being it was so minor that some didn't even notice..or plus I figured out if you "swipe" the screen slowly it was when it stuttered, but if you "flinged" the screen it was still smooth...so it could have been just the way the person swiped the screen. At first I didn't notice the stutter at all, but then started seeing it when I swiped or slowly swiped the screen,...but with reverting the CAF performance class I have noticed that now its more smooth and its instant no matter how you swipe/fling the screen. Also it could have all depended on how much load was on the CPU at the time (just guessing)

But again, this is all a guess... For me its barely even noticeable, so it could just be me getting use to it and not seeing it now. As I said earlier I'm not 100% if this fixed it...there's a chance it had nothing to do with it.
Yeah, that makes sense about the way how you swipe the screen. As far as CPU load, since AR27 I've been monitoring the CPU a bit more than I ever did before and what Elixir 2 tells me, the CPU on my device mostly spends it's time in the range of 729-883MHz (not including idle state).
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Running Slim Bean

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 329
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1603595

I mentioned the aroma installer before on this thread and you told me you didn't offer enough features or mods for it to be useful but I wasn't intending for you to build just your rom around the installer but as a side project like these 4 great devs did. They are the 4 leading ics devs for the photon. Miui cm9 cna and aosp. All 4 of the the most popular ics builds with every option available you could possible think of to mix up, kernels, battery tweaks, governors, gapps, apps, launchers, ect. Its worth taking a look for whenever the devs here at inspire are willing to play together.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

nhshah7
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
Google has posted an update to Maps today. Changelog simply says "Critical bug fix". I've just updated and it doesn't crash any more
Got the update as well. Time will tell if it doesn't reboot again :P

Nexus 7 FHD: 4.4.3 stock, unlocked bootloader

HTC One XL: CleanROM 7R2

Nokia Lumia 800: WinPhone 7.8

Retired devices: Asus Transformer Prime, Nokia E62, Nokia E61, HTC Fuze, HTC Tilt2, Nokia E72, HTC Inspire

Hit thanks if I helped you please

Tags
aospx, existz