Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Roms for 2.3.3

Tip us?

Broadley1
Old
(Last edited by Broadley1; 30th April 2012 at 02:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] Roms for 2.3.3

[solved]Hey guys I succesfully sbf'd to 2.3.3 and rooted. So now i was thinking of running a rom but dont know all that are available and also i enjoy 2.3.3 and would like to stay with it. I checked the sticky but only see a couple for 2.3.3 is their more and what does any body suggest?

big thanks guys

thelowend
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadley1 View Post
Hey guys I succesfully sbf'd to 2.3.3 and rooted. So now i was thinking of running a rom but dont know all that are available and also i enjoy 2.3.3 and would like to stay with it. I checked the sticky but only see a couple for 2.3.3 is their more and what does any body suggest?

big thanks guys
I didn't know there were ROMs for that kernel.... I use Eclipse on the 2.3.5 kernel and it is the best on the X2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

trafalger888
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend View Post
I didn't know there were ROMs for that kernel.... I use Eclipse on the 2.3.5 kernel and it is the best on the X2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
+1

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet consectetur adipisci velit
If I have helped you please hit the thanks button

Broadley1
Old
(Last edited by Broadley1; 18th April 2012 at 01:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
I got the sbf in the developement thread, it was posted under the roms, root, etc. etc.? In that list i only see a couple roms offered and was just wondering if their were any more?

Alright I will reiterate because maybe im confused. I SBF'd to android version 2.3.3 system version 1.3.232, kernal version 2.6.32.9. Now what roms are available for me?

CadenH
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Well there were several eclipse releases for that build but I highly doubt anyone has access to them. Hosting for old roms isn't a priority. Honestly you are better off upgrading your build and kernel. 2.3.3 wasn't the most stable

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
~Droid X2 CM9~
~Asus TF201 Blackbean~
The Following User Says Thank You to CadenH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Broadley1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
What would u suggest

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

trafalger888
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadley1 View Post
What would u suggest

You can do cm7dx2 with the 2.3.4 or eclipse 2.1 with the 2.3.5 update

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet consectetur adipisci velit
If I have helped you please hit the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to trafalger888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Broadley1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
I hear great things about eclipse is it very stable? And I would have to sbf to 2.3.5. How do I root that version?

Travisdroidx2
Old
(Last edited by Travisdroidx2; 18th April 2012 at 09:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 816
If you update to 2.3.4 then eclipse 1.3 is very stable! Let me know if you need a link. You can always save root with voodoo root keeper free app and just take the OTA.

I would also strongly using the rerecovery zips as well to always flash last before you reboot in bsr. If you are not sure what I mean I will post a link.
The Following User Says Thank You to Travisdroidx2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Broadley1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Yea Travis a link would be great so 2.3.4 is what I should sbf to and i have rootkeeper already but was just wondering what the root method was? Psouza has a method for that right.