Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,787 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is this thread useful?
YES 28 96.55%
NO 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][ICS] [UNOFFICIAL] Root-ready Huawei MediaPad/SpringBoard ICS International

Tip us?

rkwhyte2
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I look forward to your results. I have both the Springboard and a G2 and get the same results with both devices. As best as I can see the 4G that you see on the screen is just eye candy.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using xda premium
Gnexus [4.4.2/KVT49L][OMNIROM][LINARO/OPTIMIZED] FML: Fork My Life
T-Mo Springboard/Mediapad
Mediapad_2.06.26_OsiMood

GNexus RasBeanJelly 4.3 / Lean kernel
Toshiba Thrive Dalenet ICS 4.0.4

Files I have collected:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/10351077/...0/sharing.html

WingCero
Old
Thanks Meter 3
So there are/is someone who wants to see the results between the stock T-Mobile 3.2 rom vs the International Mediapad 4.0 rom.

Only problem is I'm leaning towards jumping on at&t's service due to their data plans being a MUCH better deal than what T-Mobile is offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
I look forward to your results. I have both the Springboard and a G2 and get the same results with both devices. As best as I can see the 4G that you see on the screen is just eye candy.

Raichean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingCero View Post
Can someone take ten to twenty minutes out of their time to take a video tour of this rom running on the T-Mobile Springboard? I'm planning on purchasing this device tomorrow and would like to see if I should just go straight in to the installation process with this rom before I get too acquainted with Honeycomb on it. There's a $5 BestBuy code in it for whomever does it
So not going for a code or anything, plus I don't have a video. *laugh* But I took the stock Springboard and upgraded to the ICS international build. It went flawlessly and the improvements are really solid. Graphically, lots of little refinements here and there, and to the eye, performance seems better. It also strips off the TMO bloatware which is nice.

Absolutely a positive change, and I did it quite nervously considering this is my first droid device, tablet and first upgrade.

notinterested
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
So there are/is someone who wants to see the results between the stock T-Mobile 3.2 rom vs the International Mediapad 4.0 rom.

Only problem is I'm leaning towards jumping on at&t's service due to their data plans being a MUCH better deal than what T-Mobile is offers.
How is it a much better deal??

Tmobile is 2GB for $30 if you already have a plan you get throttled after 2GB

ATT is 3GB for $30 and you get charged if you go over.

Thats not really a huge difference and tmobile is better if you want 5GB.

ATT $50 for 5GB vs Tmobile $40 for 5GB if you already have a line.

The big difference being that if you go over you pay more through ATT.

Combined with the fact that ATTs tablets are not as nice and cost more in the long run T-mobile is the better option for tablets. IMO the only tablet they have worth getting is the galaxy tab and that will cost you quadruple what the springboard costs. Hell you can even get the Gtab 10.1 for less than ATT wants for the 8.9. The cheapest tablet is the element for $299 at ATT and IMO you would have to be insane to pay a dime more than $150 for it considering the competitions pricing.

Considering the Springboard is $99 right now you need to look at the bigger picture, Tmobile blows ATT out of the water in overall value for tablets.

lou0611
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Do you have to be rooted to do this upgrade?
GALAXY S3
L710VPUDND8
Kernel - 3.4.0-1368792
DPI@swdd5812 #1
Sat apr 19 20:56:39 KST 2014
Build - KOTH49H.L710VPUDND8

Sprint Samsung TAB 3 Rooted

sadiqsabia
Old
Thanks Meter 2
No 3g after install. Sad. Now have to roll back.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

yaddamean
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinterested View Post
How is it a much better deal??

Tmobile is 2GB for $30 if you already have a plan you get throttled after 2GB

ATT is 3GB for $30 and you get charged if you go over.

Thats not really a huge difference and tmobile is better if you want 5GB.

ATT $50 for 5GB vs Tmobile $40 for 5GB if you already have a line.

The big difference being that if you go over you pay more through ATT.

Combined with the fact that ATTs tablets are not as nice and cost more in the long run T-mobile is the better option for tablets. IMO the only tablet they have worth getting is the galaxy tab and that will cost you quadruple what the springboard costs. Hell you can even get the Gtab 10.1 for less than ATT wants for the 8.9. The cheapest tablet is the element for $299 at ATT and IMO you would have to be insane to pay a dime more than $150 for it considering the competitions pricing.

Considering the Springboard is $99 right now you need to look at the bigger picture, Tmobile blows ATT out of the water in overall value for tablets.
I just checked tmobile.. its $249 after MIR. Thats ripoff!! But I want this tab.. im seeing prices around $400 on eBay. Really close to buying one and ill rather pay $400+ upfront than get stuck paying 299 + 30 a month for 2 years. That's over $1000, no thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

luvduchovny
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddamean View Post
I just checked tmobile.. its $249 after MIR. Thats ripoff!! But I want this tab.. im seeing prices around $400 on eBay. Really close to buying one and ill rather pay $400+ upfront than get stuck paying 299 + 30 a month for 2 years. That's over $1000, no thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
The Springboard was at $99 for a long time (much of March into April). Guess you missed the sale, but if you are patient it will probably reappear again.

r34p3rex
Old
Thanks Meter 206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Did you know Walmart offers a 5GB/$30 prepaid deal (T-Mobile network)?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tmobile-30...-Card/15443357
HTC One & Nexus 7

Cadeo
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm thinking of putting my sprinboard on ebay its already running ics I need to sell it for 250
Let me know and I'll throw it up there for u.

Tags
ics, international, mediapad, rom, springboard