Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FP1H][Rom][Cwm][Odin]Tweaked v2.2 UPDATED 06/26/12

Tip us?

khalilcr
Old
(Last edited by khalilcr; 17th April 2012 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevormalachi View Post
Can I get the link for the new pbj. Been looking and dont feel like reading ever post. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
From what i know Imnuts did not release the new kernel yet. It was on Tweaktools, but the slot is empty now, you might still be able to download it there.

DirgeExtinction
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farabomb View Post
Was it becasue one of the tweaks didn't play nice with the phone?
To be honest, I don't know. All I know is that once I flashed the 0415 pbj kernel, my phone started lagging way too much.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
Owned: Motorola Rokr, LG Dare, Motorola Droid, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Droid Charge
Currently rocking: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Hovo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, if I had problems getting CWM to stick on stock FP1 unrooted, can I just Odin Tweaked and then odin CWM and have everything be fine that way?

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
Hey, if I had problems getting CWM to stick on stock FP1 unrooted, can I just Odin Tweaked and then odin CWM and have everything be fine that way?
Yes, that will work.

FYI, the reason you can't get it to stick is that by default, the stock system overwrites recovery at every boot. You have to flash CWM, pull your battery and replace it, and immediately boot into CWM by holding Home+VolUp+Pwr.
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

Farabomb
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction View Post
To be honest, I don't know. All I know is that once I flashed the 0415 pbj kernel, my phone started lagging way too much.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
So far so good here. I was going to attempt some of the kernel tweaks but I want to understand what they do before I go and bork the phone.

khalilcr
Old
Thanks Meter 27
6 days on Tweaked 2.0, and no hotboots, no lag, and awesome battery life. I dont know what version of PBJ people are talking about, but i looked around and haven't seen an ETA on FP1 PBJ ... I would be careful if flashing an unknown kernel.

Edit: My phone shut off after sing the camera just this second. I used to have this problem on Tweakstock 1.4, and flashing the stock camera app did not solve last time, I will try now and report back if it ever happens again.

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2,858

DONATE TO ME
As for the kernel tweaks, I like them. I'm running renice, v66 and siyah and my phone is blazing. I'm also on 11 hours off charger and I have 40 left on battery and I've used my phone. I searched the xda forums to figure out what all the tweaks do because they are all on here somewhere. As far as removing a tweak, go back in tweaks and chose disable. Oh ya I'm running PBJ 415 on my tweaked charge.

The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalilcr View Post
6 days on Tweaked 2.0, and no hotboots, no lag, and awesome battery life. I dont know what version of PBJ people are talking about, but i looked around and haven't seen an ETA on FP1 PBJ ... I would be careful if flashing an unknown kernel.
If you read back in the thread, tonsit took the kernel code from imnuts github (which has already been merged with FP1), finished patching the initramfs (which has not yet been merged), and compiled it. It is completely PBJ code, other than the initramfs, which is a separate codeset anyway. You have to look on tonsit's Tweak Tools page to find it...we're not direct linking it because it isn't official.
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to shrike1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khalilcr
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike1978 View Post
If you read back in the thread, tonsit took the kernel code from imnuts github (which has already been merged with FP1), finished patching the initramfs (which has not yet been merged), and compiled it. It is completely PBJ code, other than the initramfs, which is a separate codeset anyway. You have to look on tonsit's Tweak Tools page to find it...we're not direct linking it because it isn't official.
Did not know that. Therefore, thanks!

THEbigSWEEN
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
As for the kernel tweaks, I like them. I'm running renice, v66 and siyah and my phone is blazing. I'm also on 11 hours off charger and I have 40 left on battery and I've used my phone. I searched the xda forums to figure out what all the tweaks do because they are all on here somewhere. As far as removing a tweak, go back in tweaks and chose disable. Oh ya I'm running PBJ 415 on my tweaked charge.

Do you know are most of the kernel tweaks things that are already in V6 Supercharger? Or will any negative results come from using both? Haven't had a chance to check on the tweaks so figured I'd ask since you have. Thanks!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe