5,814,981 Members 40,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] | 12 JULY 12 | IceColdSandwich Perfecto-Linaro Edition | ICS | CM9 Kernel

Tip us?

Nickamina
Old
(Last edited by Nickamina; 17th April 2012 at 12:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 191
Please could SOMEONE upload the port? I've been holding off coming back to IceCold the last few days because I thought there'd be an update right around the corner!
Hammerhead (Android 4.4.4)

Quote:
Search before posting and simply click "Thanks" if somebody's helped you. Let's keep development threads clean and concise!

eyahl
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickamina View Post
Please could SOMEONE upload the port? I've been holding off coming back to IceCold the last few days because I thought they'd be an update right around the corner!
+1
I'm sure rapier will upload asap.
But I'm in the same situation. wanted to go to ics from endy when vampire36 announced a "new build to be up today".
Quite a few days ago...

Sent by my fingers to your head.
HTC One M7 / S-OFF / ROOTED
ROM / Android Revolution HD 61.1
KERNEL / Bulletproof
+
LG Nexus 4 Mako / ROOTED
ROM / AOKP
KERNEL / franco
+
HTC Desire Saga / S-OFF / ROOTED
SOLD

search & read

vampire36
Old
(Last edited by vampire36; 17th April 2012 at 01:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyahl View Post
+1
I'm sure rapier will upload asap.
But I'm in the same situation. wanted to go to ics from endy when vampire36 announced a "new build to be up today".
Quite a few days ago...

Okies guys...uploading

Edit : Upload Done
[Current Phone]: Nexus 4
[Current Setup]: Purity+ Rom + Jolie Kernel + DT2W...Perfect and No More Flashing !
[Radio]: 2.0.1701.03
[Recovery]: TWRP v2.7.1.0
[Phone History]: Sagem (Hutch Phone) | Nokia N70m | Nokia 5230 | HTC Desire S
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vampire36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eyahl
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Yeeehaw

HTC One M7 / S-OFF / ROOTED
ROM / Android Revolution HD 61.1
KERNEL / Bulletproof
+
LG Nexus 4 Mako / ROOTED
ROM / AOKP
KERNEL / franco
+
HTC Desire Saga / S-OFF / ROOTED
SOLD

search & read

Mr. Death
Old
Thanks Meter 72
What about own AKOP port? I've noticed Virtuous Quattro has Quattro Control which is renamed ROM Control from AOKP, so there is possible way to port AOKP on CM9 base. But I don't know what to do and possibly I don't have enough skills to port it. Maybe someone here is able to do that? Or should I ask on CM9 thread?

Rapier
Old
(Last edited by Rapier; 17th April 2012 at 05:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Death View Post
What about own AKOP port? I've noticed Virtuous Quattro has Quattro Control which is renamed ROM Control from AOKP, so there is possible way to port AOKP on CM9 base. But I don't know what to do and possibly I don't have enough skills to port it. Maybe someone here is able to do that? Or should I ask on CM9 thread?
It's useless to ask that in CM9 thread. The devs there won't do that because this is not aligned with CM Team policy (they have one I'm pretty sure). All changes to a ROM have an approval flow and they are not including everything because one of would like to have it included. Virtuous Team I remember is not publishing their sources, so don't know if asking there is useful also. Maybe a good point to start is to ask Lord what files need to be copied in order to include ROM Control in other AOSP ROMS. Also maybe proxuser might give some info on this since he is the best ROM porter I know about.

I must tell you that I've tried myself to do that but just by copying ROMcontrol.apk in /system/app does not do the thing.
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)

Mr. Death
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
It's useless to ask that in CM9 thread. The devs there won't do that because this is not aligned with CM Team policy (they have one I'm pretty sure). All changes to a ROM has an approval flow and they are not including everything because one of would like to have it included. Virtuous Team I remember is not publishing their sources, so don't know if asking there is useful also. Maybe a good point to start is to ask Lord what files need to be copied in order to include ROM Control in other AOSP ROMS. Also maybe proxuser might give some info on this since he is the best ROM porter I know about.

I must tell you that I've tried myself to do that but just by copying ROMcontrol.apk in /system/app does not do the thing.
ROMcontrol.apk isn't enough for sure. There are also different framework files and it is the most important part of GUI. Maybe it'll do the magic but also there could be need to compile everything for Desire S or modify. I don't know. Or maybe there is everything done for another HTC device and it could be compatible.
Unfortunately I have about one weekend in month to study such thinks and it isn't enough.

shrome99
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,530
No, ROM Control.apk is not going to do the job, framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk are definitely required, some more may be needed too. Here's the source for ROM Control - https://github.com/romanbb/ROM-Control Though i have no clue what to do with it

This may be one of the last versions of IceColdSandwich, it's awesome, Sense 4 multitasking is great, but like quattro, it will be outdated soon. We already have CM9, the best option would be to port AOKP completely. If someone can build from source, then there's nothing like it. There are a lot of supported devices, the Incredible 2 should be a good place to start, but its CDMA so expect some issues.

amidabuddha
Old
Thanks Meter 2,384
Compiling from source could be made eventually by Tectas he has some experience with this. Also nk111 from the CM9 thread can do this for sure, but since he is a part of the CM development team for saga probably will refuse, but may do this for the fun of it. The third option is lowveld of course but his own projects are his priority. Maybe some of the contributors of this port (rapier, vampire or Mr . death can PM for guidance some of the above mentioned...)
Just my 5 cents

Sent from my HTC Desire S

zacthespack
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,751

DONATE TO ME
V7.3 torrent now up [MAGNETIC LINK] [TORRENT FILE]

Code:
question = 2*b || !(2*b)
"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Code: