Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][UNOFFICIAL] CM9.1 BETA8 for Legend [FIX Camcording] [DEC 7]

Tip us?

zeubea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1366
hahaha, what a mix of concepts!

Now and from 3.0: kernel is 2.6.35 ics flavour, ICS is 4.0.4

2.4 was 2.6.32 and ICS 4.0.3

4.0.4 has got any bugs pointed out in OP, but I think this rom is more experimental as anything, so It is more coherent wait the committs of 4.0.5 and perhaps some of these ones is related to gingerbread compat camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo125 View Post
I repeat that this is a great ROM, but after upgrading to 4.0.4 I ICS less stability, and some LAG ... are not very experienced but I wanted to ask zeubea if you could have a zip file to install ICS to return to KERNEL 4.0.3 (ALPHA 2.4) but without the bug that now have been resolved with the ALPHA 5?

thank you very much
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zeubea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ultimo125
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Thanks for your attention and for the quick response ...
I love this ROM you do not wish to change, but I use the phone for work, and I do and I get many calls, I answer to problems (no touchscreen) and frequent reboots, especially during an incoming call ...
Yesterday I reinstalled everything from the first passing a ROM original thinking to solve but nothing has changed ... to ALPHA 2.4 for me, everything went smoothly?

NOTES. now the camera works but shows no picture (black screen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeubea View Post
hahaha, what a mix of concepts!

Now and from 3.0: kernel is 2.6.35 ics flavour, ICS is 4.0.4

2.4 was 2.6.32 and ICS 4.0.3

4.0.4 has got any bugs pointed out in OP, but I think this rom is more experimental as anything, so It is more coherent wait the committs of 4.0.5 and perhaps some of these ones is related to gingerbread compat camera.

Pors
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Any chance to integrate this to ROM? Have some very nice features http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531222

majingrim
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo125 View Post
Thanks for your attention and for the quick response ...
I love this ROM you do not wish to change, but I use the phone for work, and I do and I get many calls, I answer to problems (no touchscreen) and frequent reboots, especially during an incoming call ...
Yesterday I reinstalled everything from the first passing a ROM original thinking to solve but nothing has changed ... to ALPHA 2.4 for me, everything went smoothly?

NOTES. now the camera works but shows no picture (black screen)
As the changelog says, this is how the camera is currently working for everyone.

Quote:
ALPHA 5 April 15 2012
- Camera module built, camera just takes photos (no recording, no preview, etc).

zeubea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1366
The aim of this alpha stage is to solve hardware problems, in other words, it was possible to have overall hardware fixed and working. Otherwise, this rom depends on Cyanogenmod rep, and this one on Android. The bugs of latter are propagated up to this rom and, at this stage the priority is the hardware, rather to be nightly synchonized with cyanogenmod rep or customization issues. For this reason (s), the best option is wait a week or so for a committ related with camera and, otherwise I will make a new alpha build sync with Cyanogenmod repo and some minor bugs fixed.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to zeubea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zabdelz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by farukb View Post
go to revovery > mounts and storage

and format following partitions

system,data,boot,cache

then go back to main menu,go to install zip from an sd card and select the zip you want to flash...or if you previously backed up you cm7.0.1 rom then go to backup and restore and choose your backup

Thank you it works but when I install GAPPS here it does not start, it restarts without stop

Burrn
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabdelz View Post
Thank you it works but when I install GAPPS here it does not start, it restarts without stop
Take the battery out to stop it rebooting. Then enter the recovery mode. Wipe data/cache and dalvik. Reinstall Gapps, wipe again. Restart.

Should work now?

(thanks to ranger4740, for this fix)
Sony Xperia P LT22i Silver

ranger4740
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrn View Post
Take the battery out to stop it rebooting. Then enter the recovery mode. Wipe data/cache and dalvik. Reinstall Gapps, wipe again. Restart.

Should work now?

(thanks to ranger4740, for this fix)
NO don't thank me for that.

I don't think you need that second wipe, the first wipe should be enough, (too many wipes and flash's can apparantly wear out the internal memory and SD card too, but that's for another thread/discussion).

sent from my legend currently using zeubea ICS ALPHA 4
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend

homi3kh
Old
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabaknilesh View Post
Use button savior from market

Sent from my Legend using Tapatalk
what i mean is on screen button like on Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to homi3kh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zeubea
Old
(Last edited by zeubea; 18th April 2012 at 03:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1366
Well, good news, finally camera preview worked. However video recording apparently must would be working, but parameters are not setting properly in camera driver by camera HAL module.

Because camera is working partially, I think now is a a good time for starting beta series. I know this camera module is not fully stable and I donīt know when video will be fixed o if this module will be fully stable, but I think we are at a similar level as other CM9 devices.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to zeubea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]