FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can't get into recovery (Revolutionary)

258 posts
Thanks Meter: 51
 
By white43, Senior Member on 17th April 2012, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All.

I'm having a problem with what appears to be Recovery mode in Revolutionary.

The Desire S has been rooted and S-Off. I then flashed Android Revolution 7(Mike1986).

As I'm about to sell the phone, wanted to do a factory reset, but this restarts the phone and gets stuck on the HTC logo. So I figured I'd manually flash a new ROM instead. So I go into bootloader, but when I get to the menu and select Recovery, again, it gets stuck at an HTC logo.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to white43 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift white43 Ad-Free
 
 
17th April 2012, 06:06 PM |#2  
suku_patel_22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,291
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white43

Hi All.

I'm having a problem with what appears to be Recovery mode in Revolutionary.

The Desire S has been rooted and S-Off. I then flashed Android Revolution 7(Mike1986).

As I'm about to sell the phone, wanted to do a factory reset, but this restarts the phone and gets stuck on the HTC logo. So I figured I'd manually flash a new ROM instead. So I go into bootloader, but when I get to the menu and select Recovery, again, it gets stuck at an HTC logo.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?

You need to flash an eng-hboot first before you can flash an RUU to go back to stock.

All details in my signature and the index thread.

Read the forum and index thread before doing anything
The Following User Says Thank You to suku_patel_22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suku_patel_22 Ad-Free
17th April 2012, 06:21 PM |#3  
white43's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dorset, UK
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Oh, OK - I'm not that bothered about putting it back to stock firmware. I just wondered why Revolutionary doesn't seem to be working.

Presumably I just need to put PG88IMG.zip into the root of the SD card?
17th April 2012, 06:22 PM |#4  
eyahl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag berlin
Thanks Meter: 339
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white43

Hi All.

I'm having a problem with what appears to be Recovery mode in Revolutionary.

The Desire S has been rooted and S-Off. I then flashed Android Revolution 7(Mike1986).

As I'm about to sell the phone, wanted to do a factory reset, but this restarts the phone and gets stuck on the HTC logo. So I figured I'd manually flash a new ROM instead. So I go into bootloader, but when I get to the menu and select Recovery, again, it gets stuck at an HTC logo.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?

By the way did you install any recovery like cwm or 4ext?

Sent by my fingers to your head.
17th April 2012, 06:32 PM |#5  
white43's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dorset, UK
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Um.....I'm fairly sure it was CWM, but don't hold me to that. Whatever it was, it allowed me to install Android Revolution 7.

I can't update HBOOT - Revolutionary keeps bypassing it?????
17th April 2012, 06:41 PM |#6  
enigmaamit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white43

Um.....I'm fairly sure it was CWM, but don't hold me to that. Whatever it was, it allowed me to install Android Revolution 7.

I can't update HBOOT - Revolutionary keeps bypassing it?????

Android Revolution 7??? On the Desire S...? Where'd you get that from? It's not officially supported by the ARHD team!!
The Following User Says Thank You to enigmaamit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enigmaamit Ad-Free
17th April 2012, 06:49 PM |#7  
white43's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dorset, UK
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Now I'm absolutely confused where the hell I got that from!!!

I think the best course of action is to get the phone back into shape - so I need to flash the HBOOT back and presumably the recovery back if possible. Revolutionary is preventing me from flashing a new Hboot. Any ideas?

EDIT : Right. Using ADB, I've managed to re-flash CWM and now it works. But can someone advise on getting HBoot to flash?
17th April 2012, 07:19 PM |#8  
suku_patel_22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,291
 
More
Loll fire the dd command to flash hboot.

It is fine from adb.

See in the thread of my signature for the dd commands


Swyped from my Desire S waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC
The Following User Says Thank You to suku_patel_22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suku_patel_22 Ad-Free
19th April 2012, 06:02 PM |#9  
white43's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dorset, UK
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Just wanted to thanks everyone for their replies. At the moment I'm using a custom rom, with CWM still installed. I haven't sold it on yet, as the Sensation XE I bought to replace it, died within 24 hours! D'oh!!!
19th April 2012, 06:20 PM |#10  
enigmaamit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white43

Just wanted to thanks everyone for their replies. At the moment I'm using a custom rom, with CWM still installed. I haven't sold it on yet, as the Sensation XE I bought to replace it, died within 24 hours! D'oh!!!

LoL

So I'm guessing you'll have to stick around just a little longer!
19th April 2012, 06:23 PM |#11  
suku_patel_22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,291
 
More
Dude switch to 4ext touch nonetheless
It's awesome...

Swyped from my Desire S waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes