Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,636 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New firmware, V21Y for G2X showing in LGMobile Support Tool

Tip us?

jboxer
Old
(Last edited by jboxer; 17th April 2012 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by syl0n View Post
I am having same problem. Stock 2.3.3 and recovery, but it says no update available. I am on the July baseband too the one i got from 2.3.3 update.
Looks like LG pulled it. Maybe TMO wasn't ready for it to be deployed. Have to train their CSR idiots first. Or it was a trial deployment that was only dished out to the first set number of takers, then pulled to see if a lot of problems arise. Often updates are rolled out slowly before given to everyone. Here is the LG Updater showing the current roms it is flashing. I'm glad I did the update right away while it was available. You can still flash it using the KDZ method. The download link for the KDZ is somewhere in this thread.

By the way, with the stock 2.3.4 rom the call quality is crystal clear. Everything seems to work better and smoother.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lg_updater_17ap12.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1009401  
Want to sim unlock your LG phone: PM me for more info.
Instructions on how to enter unlock code can be found here. http://bit.ly/wyYl5z

If you appreciate my work please buy me some coffee.

shilent
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Is anyone having an issue with some of their display options being grayed out? I can't change my screen time and brightness.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Camille68
Old
Thanks Meter 14
That sucks. Glad I downloaded it last night, also. It does appear to work better, and my battery is lasting longer. I unplugged it last night at about 10:00 PM right before updating, and my battery level is at 70%. Almost 14 hours and only 30% drained is extremely good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboxer View Post
Looks like LG pulled it. Maybe TMO wasn't ready for it to be deployed. Have to train their CSR idiots first. Or it was a trial deployment that was only dished out to the first set number of takers, then pulled to see if a lot of problems arise. Often updates are rolled out slowly before given to everyone. Here is the LG Updater showing the current roms it is flashing. I'm glad I did the update right away while it was available. You can still flash it using the KDZ method. The download link for the KDZ is somewhere in this thread.

By the way, with the stock 2.3.4 rom the call quality is crystal clear. Everything seems to work better and smoother.

Core Memory
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:

I'm the one who is the OP for this thread and I've noticed that, when you refer to anything I've done such as being the OP of this thread and the MDM6600 cell modem information OP ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1412064 ), etc., you don't credit me, Core Memory, with being the source, you state "someone" and/or you don't specify the source of infomation by stating "somewhere in this thread". I would appreciate your being more specific about crediting the source of information and where the information is located. For example "somewhere in this thread" should state that the information is located in the OP/first post of this thread. It's not that you're taking credit for what I've done, it's that not crediting and/or stating the source or information you've used, are referring to, etc., is disrespectful of the person who did the work, supplied the information, etc. Respect!
The Following User Says Thank You to Core Memory For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mustangtim49
Old
(Last edited by mustangtim49; 17th April 2012 at 06:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What baseband do you have? If you don't have the baseband that shipped with the 2.3.3 update the LG Updater too will refuse to do the update. The rom version and baseband must match and the system files must be stock with nothing changed, other than the files added to be rooted. You also need for the recovery to be flashed back to stock recovery also or the updater cannot boot the phone into update mode and you will be stuck at 4%, but at that point no damage is done as the phone has not actually started updating yet.
This is incorrect, I left 5813 touch. recoveries on both my g2x's and it updated both perfectly. Granted they squashed my touch recoveries. I posted elsewhere about the 4% thing, it stops, goes back to 1% and starts over. I did both phones one after the other.

artifintel@ACSyndicate

orphan203
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I am on the custom 2.3.4 rom from xda
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthijacker View Post
Are you still on stock or custom rom? Calling works fine with stock rom but not custom

Core Memory
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtim49 View Post
This is incorrect, I left 5813 touch. recoveries on both my g2x's and it updated both perfectly. Granted they squashed my touch recoveries. I posted elsewhere about the 4% thing, it stops, goes back to 1% and starts over. I did both phones one after the other.

artifintel@ACSyndicate
Stuck at 4% happened to me too when I did the update with v21e_00.kdz. I tried to update a couple of times with the same result. I know that the updater installs the baseband first so I thought that, although the update got stuck at 4%, it might have installed the new baseband. I did an NVFlash restore which installed a ROM and the phone booted with the new v21e baseband. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1248644

That may also work for getting stuck at 4% with the v21y_00.kdz update and who just can't get it to work fully by retrying. If doing the NVFlash repair does work and the new baseband is installed, then install the rooted T-Mobile 2.3.4 ROM from kwes1020 at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602798

orphan203
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Here is a screen shot with the new base-band and current custom 2.3.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20120417_1313_2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1009675  

mrxovis
Old
Thanks Meter 2
hey guys, I was trying to get this new update but it says i'm on the latest update and it doesn't let me update, i'm running stock 2.3.3 baseband july and stock recovery, any ideias of what should I do? Is there a way to get the new baseband and rom without this metod?

jboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxovis View Post
hey guys, I was trying to get this new update but it says i'm on the latest update and it doesn't let me update, i'm running stock 2.3.3 baseband july and stock recovery, any ideias of what should I do? Is there a way to get the new baseband and rom without this metod?
Did you read the posts above yours? It appears LG pulled the update. Download the KDZ from the OP that CoreMemory so generously provided and use the KDZ Updater on a Windows XP machine to perform the udpate.
Want to sim unlock your LG phone: PM me for more info.
Instructions on how to enter unlock code can be found here. http://bit.ly/wyYl5z

If you appreciate my work please buy me some coffee.

The Following User Says Thank You to jboxer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
firmware, lgmobile support tool, update, upgrade, v21y