Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS update sensation India

Tip us?

Rengak05
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I got this reply from HTC , here it says htc sensation xe has 2.3.5 update with Sense 3.5 can some one confirm this..

Dear Renganathan k,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

We are dedicated in providing you the best quality service and answering your questions and concerns.

As per your email, we understand that you are looking for software upgrade to the latest version 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich for your HTC Sensation XE device and also like to know the current Android version on your device.

In regards to your concern, we regret to inform you that currently ICS upgrade is not available over the air. However our technical department is working on the latest updates for HTC Sensation XE device, and as soon as the updates are rolled out on FOTA, you will be given a notification on your device, as of now we cannot commit any date for the software release.

Currently HTC Sensation XE is running on Android OS, version 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) with sense 3.5. The upcoming Android OS version is 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with sense version 4.0.

Phone software updates.

Phone software updates From time to time, software updates for your phone may be available. Your phone can check and then notify you if there is a new update. You can then download and install the software update using your phone’s Wi-Fi or data connection. You can also manually check if there's an available software update for your phone.

You can check the version of Software on your handset by following the below steps:

1. Tap the Menu > Settings > Then scroll down to ‘About Phone’ and tap on it > Then tap on ‘Software Information’.

This will give you a detailed info about the current software on your HTC Device.

Depending on the type of update, the update may erase all your personal data and customized settings, and also remove any applications you have installed. Make sure that you have backed up the information and files you want to keep. The battery should be charged to a minimum at 35% or above. You should have a free space of 512 MB (recommended) on the memory card in your device.

Note: Checking and downloading phone software updates may incur additional data transfer fees from your mobile operator.

Checking for phone system software updates manually.

1. From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About phone > System software updates.
3. Tap Check now.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email us or call us at our contact center 1800-266-3566, Monday to Sunday – 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Kunjan

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.

vvzar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default update was gone

As we can see HTC takes opposition place and cuts it words back about ICS update for the Sensation. The all thing that is remaining for us is to wait for the bless of gods , and exorcism procedure for the bugs of all other versions.

kanav bhasin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Id kiss the **** outta kunjan if the update came with Sense 4.0. No homo

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Rengak05
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Can u tell me which is ur current OS and sense version??

Prabash
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Woah really? I was on the point of rooting my device, but after seeing this reply I feel like I should wait..Well if it's gonna come with Sense 4.0, it will certainly worth the wait ...but it's irritating enough already to wait this long

Terepin
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengak05 View Post
I got this reply from HTC , here it says htc sensation xe has 2.3.5 update with Sense 3.5 can some one confirm this..

Dear Renganathan k,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

We are dedicated in providing you the best quality service and answering your questions and concerns.

As per your email, we understand that you are looking for software upgrade to the latest version 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich for your HTC Sensation XE device and also like to know the current Android version on your device.

In regards to your concern, we regret to inform you that currently ICS upgrade is not available over the air. However our technical department is working on the latest updates for HTC Sensation XE device, and as soon as the updates are rolled out on FOTA, you will be given a notification on your device, as of now we cannot commit any date for the software release.

Currently HTC Sensation XE is running on Android OS, version 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) with sense 3.5. The upcoming Android OS version is 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with sense version 4.0.

Phone software updates.

Phone software updates From time to time, software updates for your phone may be available. Your phone can check and then notify you if there is a new update. You can then download and install the software update using your phone’s Wi-Fi or data connection. You can also manually check if there's an available software update for your phone.

You can check the version of Software on your handset by following the below steps:

1. Tap the Menu > Settings > Then scroll down to ‘About Phone’ and tap on it > Then tap on ‘Software Information’.

This will give you a detailed info about the current software on your HTC Device.

Depending on the type of update, the update may erase all your personal data and customized settings, and also remove any applications you have installed. Make sure that you have backed up the information and files you want to keep. The battery should be charged to a minimum at 35% or above. You should have a free space of 512 MB (recommended) on the memory card in your device.

Note: Checking and downloading phone software updates may incur additional data transfer fees from your mobile operator.

Checking for phone system software updates manually.

1. From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap About phone > System software updates.
3. Tap Check now.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email us or call us at our contact center 1800-266-3566, Monday to Sunday – 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Kunjan

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.
Getting to look stupid got a lot harder after reading this answer.

Odoslané z môjho HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
My level of sarcasm is proportional to your stupidity.

asylumdesire
Old
Thanks Meter 3
just want to confirm is ur device sensation xe only or sensation xe with Beats Audio

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

dargamel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Only HTC Sensation XE will get ICS + sense 4.0 ?

asylumdesire
Old
Thanks Meter 3
+ 1

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Rengak05
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Its sensation xe with beats audio... Can some one confirm whats the currwnt os version your device iw running? Mine is running 2.3.4 with sense 3.