XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging Port Not Working Right

Tip us?

drob311
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxt9 View Post
Don't quote me on this, but i thought you're relatively safe as long as the output is less or equal to your stock charger? Like if your regular charger is rated .8A and you're using a .5A charger, you're fine ... only it'll charge slower. Is that right?
Correct, being under the amperage is ok but still not recommended... The only time I always use my htc charger is my car htc charger, as car chargers can be the most damaging, due to the voltages changing.

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

sixxt9
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Yeah I don't use car chargers very often. I think i got a Rocketfish car charger or something, but i'm not sure. For my AC charger, i just use whatever charger's handy. We have a bunch of old chargers that I'm sure are undervolted. But i also got a knockoff EVO replacement battery (same size as the shift battery, but higher capacity) so i'm not too worried about it ... ymmv though.

Before i got the other battery, i used my blackberry charger from my curve exclusively without problems. To each his own i guess, but it works for me personally and i get great battery life. Nearly hit 2 days on a charge with light usage a couple times.
The Following User Says Thank You to sixxt9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drob311
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxt9 View Post
Yeah I don't use car chargers very often. I think i got a Rocketfish car charger or something, but i'm not sure. For my AC charger, i just use whatever charger's handy. We have a bunch of old chargers that I'm sure are undervolted. But i also got a knockoff EVO replacement battery (same size as the shift battery, but higher capacity) so i'm not too worried about it ... ymmv though.

Before i got the other battery, i used my blackberry charger from my curve exclusively without problems. To each his own i guess, but it works for me personally and i get great battery life. Nearly hit 2 days on a charge with light usage a couple times.
Must of got the right charger... That's a damn nice charge... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

sixxt9
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Well now that i have the other battery, i use whatever charger's around. I figure even if it doesn't get a "full" charge it'll last longer than the stock battery. I'm also running Supreme Sense 9.1 w/ dodgekernel 1.6 so i'm sure both of those help with battery consumption.

Sometime tomorrow afternoon i'll be updating to the new SSv9.2 and see how that with their new kernel does for battery consumption. But yeah ... EVO replacement battery from htcexpress . com is what i'm running in my shift and it's been nothing but a dream so far.

travanx
Old
(Last edited by travanx; 17th April 2012 at 02:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Her phone finally bit the ghost. I was able to fiddle around with it right now to get it to charge, but what a pain. I am going to a service center tomorrow to see what is going on. Same problems with either an HTC charger or generic. My phone has no issues and is about the same age.

simply_sme
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by travanx View Post
Her phone finally bit the ghost. I was able to fiddle around with it right now to get it to charge, but what a pain. I am going to a service center tomorrow to see what is going on. Same problems with either an HTC charger or generic. My phone has no issues and is about the same age.
Had this issue a few months ago (tried everything that's been suggested) and the service center told me that the charging port can't be fixed. They just sent me a replacement.

dahauss
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Just got my wife a replacement EVO SHIFT from the SPRINT STORE since the touch on her screen was not responding.... the new one seems to have this issue.. they didnt give her a new charger and we are usig the one from the old shift. the light comes on, but it charges SLOW or doesnt charge at all. what could be causing this?

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
Just got my wife a replacement EVO SHIFT from the SPRINT STORE since the touch on her screen was not responding.... the new one seems to have this issue.. they didnt give her a new charger and we are usig the one from the old shift. the light comes on, but it charges SLOW or doesnt charge at all. what could be causing this?
Try a different HTC Charger.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

dahauss
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Try a different HTC Charger.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
phone was bad. Got another one and it's working...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
Good deal .