Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project Build 33 - v1.3 (4/23/12)

Tip us?
 
jermaine151
Old
#1271  
jermaine151's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3281
Posts: 3,952
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Columbus, Ohio

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynamedstacy View Post
All this is great news Jermaine! I have watched as you have worked very diligently to perfect this ROM and I am stoked to be running it. Thank you for all your hard work man. You will make an excellent addition to the AOKP team and they'd be lucky to have you. You've made the TP better than even ASUS could have imagined! Props brother. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1
I doubt that I'll be joining TeamKang (not that I wouldn't be honored to). I just want this to go official so that you guys get your builds right away and I can work on some other projects for us.
You can find me @jdlogan151
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
boynamedstacy
Old
#1272  
boynamedstacy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 1,025
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spokane
For some reason I thought if they took your ROM on board you became a member. My bad
 
rosebud
Old
#1273  
rosebud's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 287
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nottingham
With relation to the browser locking up, I have only experienced this while a page is still loading, forum sites like XDA take a while to load, ad you tend to start browsing the page before load has completed.

the only other time I have seem this occur is when there are loads of large imaged on the page.

I honestly don't think this is a ROM problem but an ICS / device problem.
I experienced the same on my HP Touchpad, I thought it was an issue with the rom that I was using. It happens less for me on the prime.

Steve
 
reNeglect
Old
#1274  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 327
Posts: 577
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary

 
DONATE TO ME
Thanks Jermaine for the hardwork! My theme has been updated to support the new version.

But here's a bug report unfortunately. Anyone else with this issue? It happened with stock as well.

Devices:
HTC One X 32GB White.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16gb White Wifi Only.
Apple iPad 2 64gb White Wifi Only (Sold).
Apple iPad (3rd Gen) 64gb White Wifi Only.
Asus Transformer Prime 32gb Amethyst Grey Wifi Only.
Samsung Galaxy SII Ceramic White (Sold).
Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Lightless Ascension Theme for AOKP
 
rosebud
Old
#1275  
rosebud's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 287
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by reNeglect View Post
Thanks Jermaine for the hardwork! My theme has been updated to support the new version.

But here's a bug report unfortunately. Anyone else with this issue? It happened with stock as well.
Cant say I have seen this, is it something you have the steps to reproduce?

Steve
 
Lazy Rich
Old
#1276  
Lazy Rich's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 639
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hamburg
I found an issue:

When in Rom Control / Navbar Settings - pressing "Reset Navbar" in the upper right corner - SystemUI stops working, it continously force closing. Even a reboot can't solve this. I had to reinstall the whole Rom.
Google Nexus 4
// PurityROM 4.3 // Hells-Core b37 //

Google Nexus 7
// rasbeanjelly 4.3 // Bricked Kernel 08182013 //




Finest Electro House from Tallin, Estonia - brought to you by Mord Fustang
 
GreginNH
Old
#1277  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 527
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hooksett
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
With relation to the browser locking up, I have only experienced this while a page is still loading, forum sites like XDA take a while to load, ad you tend to start browsing the page before load has completed.

the only other time I have seem this occur is when there are loads of large imaged on the page.

I honestly don't think this is a ROM problem but an ICS / device problem.
I experienced the same on my HP Touchpad, I thought it was an issue with the rom that I was using. It happens less for me on the prime.

Steve
It happens to me as well, only on this ROM, and mostly when the page has flash content. For instance I stream hockey games online and they are streamed wih Flash.
If I watch them on this ROM and I rotate the screen or if the screen goes from full to normal size, the browswer then stops responding.
You cannot get to any websites, whatever URL you try , the browser just hangs. Does it with stock, opera, firefox, all the time. If I restore to a prior stockish ROM it does not happen. The only way to fix it is either boot or go into Apps and clear cache and defaults.
Just an fyi, not knocking this ROM in anyway, I love it I thinks its awesome and I appreciate the hard work.
 
jermaine151
Old
#1278  
jermaine151's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3281
Posts: 3,952
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Columbus, Ohio

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reNeglect View Post
Thanks Jermaine for the hardwork! My theme has been updated to support the new version.

But here's a bug report unfortunately. Anyone else with this issue? It happened with stock as well.
Yeah, I noticed the oversized button overlay too. Those are upstream changes so I'm sure they'll fix them in the next build. I added a link to v1.12 for anyone that wants to stick with build 31.
You can find me @jdlogan151
The Following User Says Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
reNeglect
Old
#1279  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 327
Posts: 577
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
Cant say I have seen this, is it something you have the steps to reproduce?

Steve
Nothing really, just wiped and did a clean installation still having the nav buttons pressed issue.

Thanks for the hard work once again! Maybe if you aren't to busy a hotfix patch? =D
Devices:
HTC One X 32GB White.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16gb White Wifi Only.
Apple iPad 2 64gb White Wifi Only (Sold).
Apple iPad (3rd Gen) 64gb White Wifi Only.
Asus Transformer Prime 32gb Amethyst Grey Wifi Only.
Samsung Galaxy SII Ceramic White (Sold).
Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Lightless Ascension Theme for AOKP
 
barryflanagan
Old
#1280  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 258
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Rich View Post
I found an issue:

When in Rom Control / Navbar Settings - pressing "Reset Navbar" in the upper right corner - SystemUI stops working, it continously force closing. Even a reboot can't solve this. I had to reinstall the whole Rom.
I saw this reported in the aokp GNex forum a well, so I think is a ROM issue not specific to the TP

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes