Thread Closed

[ROM][4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project Build 33 - v1.3 (4/23/12)

17th April 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #1271  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 3,306

3,981 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynamedstacy

All this is great news Jermaine! I have watched as you have worked very diligently to perfect this ROM and I am stoked to be running it. Thank you for all your hard work man. You will make an excellent addition to the AOKP team and they'd be lucky to have you. You've made the TP better than even ASUS could have imagined! Props brother. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1

I doubt that I'll be joining TeamKang (not that I wouldn't be honored to). I just want this to go official so that you guys get your builds right away and I can work on some other projects for us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #1272  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 288

1,045 posts
More
For some reason I thought if they took your ROM on board you became a member. My bad
17th April 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #1273  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 27

287 posts
More
With relation to the browser locking up, I have only experienced this while a page is still loading, forum sites like XDA take a while to load, ad you tend to start browsing the page before load has completed.

the only other time I have seem this occur is when there are loads of large imaged on the page.

I honestly don't think this is a ROM problem but an ICS / device problem.
I experienced the same on my HP Touchpad, I thought it was an issue with the rom that I was using. It happens less for me on the prime.

Steve
17th April 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #1274  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 327

577 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks Jermaine for the hardwork! My theme has been updated to support the new version.

But here's a bug report unfortunately. Anyone else with this issue? It happened with stock as well.

17th April 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #1275  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 27

287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reNeglect

Thanks Jermaine for the hardwork! My theme has been updated to support the new version.

But here's a bug report unfortunately. Anyone else with this issue? It happened with stock as well.

Cant say I have seen this, is it something you have the steps to reproduce?

Steve
17th April 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #1276  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 201

680 posts
More
I found an issue:

When in Rom Control / Navbar Settings - pressing "Reset Navbar" in the upper right corner - SystemUI stops working, it continously force closing. Even a reboot can't solve this. I had to reinstall the whole Rom.
17th April 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #1277  
Flag Hooksett
Thanks Meter: 29

527 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud

With relation to the browser locking up, I have only experienced this while a page is still loading, forum sites like XDA take a while to load, ad you tend to start browsing the page before load has completed.

the only other time I have seem this occur is when there are loads of large imaged on the page.

I honestly don't think this is a ROM problem but an ICS / device problem.
I experienced the same on my HP Touchpad, I thought it was an issue with the rom that I was using. It happens less for me on the prime.

Steve

It happens to me as well, only on this ROM, and mostly when the page has flash content. For instance I stream hockey games online and they are streamed wih Flash.
If I watch them on this ROM and I rotate the screen or if the screen goes from full to normal size, the browswer then stops responding.
You cannot get to any websites, whatever URL you try , the browser just hangs. Does it with stock, opera, firefox, all the time. If I restore to a prior stockish ROM it does not happen. The only way to fix it is either boot or go into Apps and clear cache and defaults.
Just an fyi, not knocking this ROM in anyway, I love it I thinks its awesome and I appreciate the hard work.
17th April 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #1278  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 3,306

3,981 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reNeglect

Yeah, I noticed the oversized button overlay too. Those are upstream changes so I'm sure they'll fix them in the next build. I added a link to v1.12 for anyone that wants to stick with build 31.
The Following User Says Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #1279  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 327

577 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud

Cant say I have seen this, is it something you have the steps to reproduce?

Steve

Nothing really, just wiped and did a clean installation still having the nav buttons pressed issue.

Thanks for the hard work once again! Maybe if you aren't to busy a hotfix patch? =D
17th April 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #1280  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 78

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Rich

I found an issue:

When in Rom Control / Navbar Settings - pressing "Reset Navbar" in the upper right corner - SystemUI stops working, it continously force closing. Even a reboot can't solve this. I had to reinstall the whole Rom.

I saw this reported in the aokp GNex forum a well, so I think is a ROM issue not specific to the TP

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread