OP slamsteel

15th April 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #11  
Flag Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 42

1,030 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixdown331

I've had mine 2 years now, and with heavy use (especially on the power and back button) I've never had any issues.

Exactly, I don't understand the issues everyone is constantly talking about, to be honest. No, the buttons are not fragile and no, they don't wear out quickly. However, the panic spread by those who were for whatever reason unlucky to have problems creates a myth and everyone looks for a solution to the non-existent issue. I never had an HD2 in for buttons repair and believe me, I had seen a lot of phones of all brands with various things.
jianC
15th April 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I agree ^ The buttons are not fragile at all, the coating on top does wear out over time but it is not a big thing...
17th April 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #13  
Flag Hiding from under the bed
Thanks Meter: 128

621 posts
More
I agree with enigma1nz too. I've had my phone for just over two years. I've now been able to stay on a ROM longer then a week (finally) but have done many many flashes of everything the HD2 has to offer. I have never had a problem with my phone at all. Just take care of your phone. Dont put a lot of pressure on it or bring it in the bathroom while you shower, clean it ever once in awhile, perhaps keep it in a gel skin and if you can buy a clear-coat screen protector to cover the whole phone and you will have a great looking and 100% functional phone for long to come. You can't even tell my phone is over two years old and for a cell phone thats pretty damn old. lol.
17th April 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #14  
Flag NANJING
Thanks Meter: 163

71 posts
More
Yes ,you are righ.HD2's buttons is quitely fragile.
17th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 3

171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbluesky

...HD2's buttons is quite fragile.

Have to agree. I bought my HD2 used and it's obvious the previous owner used the power button a lot. Enough that I had to remove the Windows Phone 7 ROM I had on mine because it relies on the power button a great deal and it's simply become too intermittent. Checked with a couple local cell repair shops in the area and replacing the keypad flex cable, which is the likely culprit and prone to failure, will be $75-100. Getting to that part is quite labor intensive.
17th April 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #16  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 324

426 posts
I also have one question, this thread is perfect for me I can say. I had 2 of them and both had hardware issues few months after varranty has been expired, so that was close to 500€ i throwed away.

I am in love with HTC phones, I said to myself that I will never have another HD2, and I have changed a lot op phones, last one was Desire HD and right now I am using ARC which is horrible for me, not so many good ROM-s and generally only HDMI output is good on this phone. I have a chance to replace ARC for HD2, guy never had anything except winmo on it and he has never did any experiment widt nand or something. I wonder now since my last 2 phones had buttons problems power and vol down were broken, is there any touch based recovery available because I love that feature.

Back then when I had this phone there wasnt an option for Meego or windows 7 so I would like to take this phone again but I have a very big fear of it.

And I also had problems with CPU overheating and stops responding, especcialy youtube clips etc, is this fixed recently....

Plase can you help me with some advices.

http://www.pik.ba/artikal/3106160/mobitel-htc-hd2/
Last edited by dejson; 17th April 2012 at 06:41 PM.
17th April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 655

1,238 posts
More
Hey use button savour from market

Sent from my SGS2 powered by OxygenICS by Adamg
The Following User Says Thank You to bartoloandre98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #18  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 324

426 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartoloandre98

Hey use button savour from market

Sent from my SGS2 powered by OxygenICS by Adamg

Well

they said for this app

Top 1 Software key App on Android Market
Top 10 Must have app for root devices
Top 1 Must have app on HTC HD2
Top 1 Software key app with best customization features
Works from 1.5 to 4.0(ICS)

Guess that is for the reason

THX
17th April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #19  
Flag HYDERABAD
Thanks Meter: 512

2,083 posts
More
Try either
1. Zmooth or
2. Button savior

Been using zmooth for so long now.... Can't even think of android without it....

In wp7... You can change button configuration inside the settings.. I use the middle hard key also as back button.... If only wp7 too gets something like Zmooth or some sfw keys, then it will be double the fun
Sent from my HTC HD2 with WP7.5/android miui using tapatalk
18th April 2012, 10:44 AM   |  #20  
Flag Kożuchˇw
Thanks Meter: 16

197 posts
More
I've bought mine with half broken back hw button. U can't feel the "click" when u press it, but hey it still does the job n works even better without the click IMO

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread