Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

question for 3G user

OP K999rrl

2nd March 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #11  
Geez, thanks for all the reminders that US telecoms are complete rip-offs [REDACTED RANT ABOUT CAPITALISM]
2nd March 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #12  
jimmbomb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 75
 
816 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
I have the Gnote using my ATT sim card (from my previous Atrix).
Im paying for the 2G data plan along with my 700 minutes phone plan.
On weekends, I pull the Note's sim and put it in my 7-7.....
I have no problems as the 7.7 does fit in my pocket about 90%.
All is well!!! I like it this way!
good luck.....
2nd March 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory

Tab 7.7 with 3G sim + HTC HD2 Android with 3G sim. My ISP has a neat deal where for an extra $10SGD/mth, I get to use an additional sim that shares the data of my main plan.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Same here exept my provider delever 2 extra 3g simcard for free. If this was not the case i dont think i would buy another plan for the tab
3rd March 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
I got a multi sim plan from my provider in Singapore. Basically it's 2 sim card tied to the same mobile number. I put one into my mobile and another one in the tab and from there I share both outgoing voice and data on a single mobile plan. I do need to select one of my device as the primary incoming phone and this can be easily switched by sending a short code through the phone which I want to designate as the primary phone. With this I use my tab as my phone on weekends.
4th March 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #15  
Hemlocke's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amarillo
Thanks Meter: 185
 
1,362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
How well does this Tab work for any of you that use it as a daily driver? I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about trading my GSM GNex off for one, and just use it for a daily driver. I thought about the 7.0 Plus, but this is so much better specced, and the size difference is fairly negligible between this Tab and the 7.0 Plus, so why not go with the better version? I figure a set of headphones, like the Klipsch S4a, and I'm in business.
17th April 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
I have one simcard at the moment in the tab, and haven't used my HTC Desire in a week.
But I consider putting the card back in the Desire and get a prepaid dataplan for 14.99 a month with 5GB at 3g speed and unlimmited GPRS.
17th April 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
758 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
I would recommend getting the 3g version of the 7.7 because the signal reception is better than a phone because of the increased size. I was on holiday recently and I could not get a reliable high speed Internet connection on my Note where I was staying so tethering was not possible, but I got a good high speed connection on the 7.7. Also, with a 3g version of the 7.7 it can act as a backup phone and allow the 7.7 and phone to use the Internet independently.
Last edited by Gaugerer; 17th April 2012 at 06:00 PM.
17th April 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #18  
Hemlocke's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amarillo
Thanks Meter: 185
 
1,362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugerer

I would recommend getting the 3g version of the 7.7 because the signal reception is better than a phone because of the increased size. I was on holiday recently and I could not get a reliable high speed Internet connection on my Note where I was staying so tethering was not possible, but I got a good high speed connection on the 7.7. Also, with a 3g version of the 7.7 it can act as a backup phone and allow the 7.7 and phone to use the Internet independently.

I bought a One X, but still considering this. I take it you love the 7.7 for all around use? How awkward was it as a DD?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
17th April 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
758 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlocke

I bought a One X, but still considering this. I take it you love the 7.7 for all around use? How awkward was it as a DD?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

The 7.7 is very good for all round use and the screen resolution is a vast improvement over the original P1000 which makes it much better for Web browsing, watching videos etc. It is also very portable because of the 7" format and slim design and can easily be carried in ladies handbags or large pockets.

However, there are certain situations with any Tablet or smart phone where it is not possible to zoom Internet pages making it very difficult to select items using fingers for example when selecting items on financial charts when trading. You can overcome this problem by using a Bluetooth mouse or wired mouse and USB adapter. I would like Samsung to add their S-Pen to the 7.7 like the Note which would solve the problem without the need to carry extra hardware.
17th April 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #20  
Hemlocke's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amarillo
Thanks Meter: 185
 
1,362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugerer

The 7.7 is very good for all round use and the screen resolution is a vast improvement over the original P1000 which makes it much better for Web browsing, watching videos etc. It is also very portable because of the 7" format and slim design and can easily be carried in ladies handbags or large pockets.

However, there are certain situations with any Tablet or smart phone where it is not possible to zoom Internet pages making it very difficult to select items using fingers for example when selecting items on financial charts when trading. You can overcome this problem by using a Bluetooth mouse or wired mouse and USB adapter. I would like Samsung to add their S-Pen to the 7.7 like the Note which would solve the problem without the need to carry extra hardware.

Thanks. Yeah, if Sammy wants to differentiate, S-Pen at 5.3,7.7,and 10.1 makes sense. I would just buy the Note, but kind of curious about this year's model.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes