Ask a question

No registration required

How much in the UK?

OP nozzla

17th April 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

281 posts
Orange deal sounds good but went with them for one year a while ago and hated it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
17th April 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #22  
Flag Wrexham
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiflerlv

I personaly dont understand, why u all look for "carrier" phones with monthly payment...

Isnt there any "local" internet shops (similar to ebay/amazon) where you can buy? Here there is planty of them! Choose the one u like or the price u like and go ahead!

You can see some of search results here "http://www.salidzini.lv/search.php?q=htc+one" But ofc, these shops dont send outside Latvia, so its not option for thread author

It works out "for me at least" about 550 odd for a free phone, unlimited texts, loads of minutes and data over
2 years. So paying 400 up front for a phone on its own with none of that makes no sense at all to me I'm afraid.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by cookpass; 17th April 2012 at 07:32 PM.
17th April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #23  
Flag Wrexham

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzla

Orange deal sounds good but went with them for one year a while ago and hated it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

Yeah, used to be a bit patchy, but when you have the coverage of both its lots better than it used to be. Round these parts anyway

17th April 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 19

239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookpass

It works out "for me at least" about 550 odd for a free phone, unlimited texts, loads of minutes and data over
2 years. So paying 400 up front for a phone on its own with none of that makes no sense at all to me I'm afraid.

I see then...

Phones at carriers used to be cheaper! I got my Tattoo for 100 total (only its price) while in shop it was about 180.

But it was 2 years ago, and the Tattoo already was exception for the price.
Now, for example, galaxy S2 in internet shop costs ~300 while at carrier they ask to pay 15 each month for a phone only + the services u use. so that makes 24*15=360 only for phone... This is same for all carriers, only if you arent "VIP" client, these have different conditions.
17th April 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #25  
Flag Wrexham

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiflerlv

I see then...

Phones at carriers used to be cheaper! I got my Tattoo for 100 total (only its price) while in shop it was about 180.

But it was 2 years ago, and the Tattoo already was exception for the price.
Now, for example, galaxy S2 in internet shop costs ~300 while at carrier they ask to pay 15 each month for a phone only + the services u use. so that makes 24*15=360 only for phone... This is same for all carriers, only if you arent "VIP" client, these have different conditions.

I guess it varies from country to country. And I'm sure in a few months the price for a standalone phone will be cheaper. That's just the here and now and its basically an interest free payment plan for the phone.

18th April 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 5

84 posts
If you work for local government authority (police, teacher, nursery etc) or have a friend who does, then you can get 25% off line rental for life when you renew or take out a contract IN STORE on Orange. All you need is a payslip, ID and address paperwork on the day. I did this with my wife last year and my neighbour and will do it next month when I upgrade (to One S, X or GS3) for myself. You can give discount as about to up to 5 people. Go out and befriend someone in those jobs and ask nicely!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
18th April 2012, 10:44 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 25

208 posts
More
Check out http://www.billmonitor.com/calculator?alt=false AFAIK the only ofcom approved comparasion site.
18th April 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #28  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 71

374 posts
More
OK, went to Phones4U on my high street and walked out with the grey one s in hand and other free stuff!!

They matched the deal which only available on their website (normally it's 31 phone free), 27 on O2, 24month, 300 mins, unlimited text, 500mb internet, grey one s for free, UNLOCKED, UNBRANDED!!

So, a bit advertisement, if you live in london, go to Chiswick Phones4U store and look for the lady manager, the sales service is excellent and you do get some very good free stuff with no catch, I am not talking about some crappy gift packages, but the real good phone accessories, just mention you heard it from previous customer.
18th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Unhappy Retention deal with Orange
I still don't know how my wife managed to get this, but she's managed to get an amazing retention deal with Orange for the One S.

600 minutes, 600 texts, 500Mb data, 30 picture messages for 13.98/month for 2 years and 60 for the phone itself!

I can't get anywhere near this deal with T-Mobile retentions!
19th April 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphy42

I still don't know how my wife managed to get this, but she's managed to get an amazing retention deal with Orange for the One S.

600 minutes, 600 texts, 500Mb data, 30 picture messages for 13.98/month for 2 years and 60 for the phone itself!

I can't get anywhere near this deal with T-Mobile retentions!

mobiles(.co.uk)/t-mobile-htc-one-s.html

FREE HTC One S
T-Mobile T-Mobile Text Standard Internet 26
In Stock Now!
26 Per Month! (7 Months Free, so 18.42 on average)
300 Minutes
Unlimited Texts
750 Data Usage

and that will give you an extra 60 cash back so your average monthly cost will be 15.92
quidco(.com)/mobiles-co-uk/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread