Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sky ice which is which

Tip us?

xxsicknessxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default sky ice which is which

i going install sky ice but I'm confused by the multiple build. the one with most posts must be the one everyone uses right? i dunno I'm a bit confused. i want flash it perfect anyone pm me who went from gb to sky ice walk me through it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Samsung Galaxy S III - I747(rooted)
Rom - Rootbox (nightlys)
Recovery -TWRP

[APP] Rom/Recovery Flashing from phone -------> MobilODIN<--
[Driver|FIX] for the Hardware ID ERROR? Samsung Drivers <--- [don't update]
[TOOL ]Get 32 / 64bit windows ADB--------> Android Comander <--
http://mcsearcher.files.wordpress.co...tightjeans.gif

tomtommy306
Old
Thanks Meter 360
The one with the UCLD2 base is the newest. But it doesn't have as many mods incorporated into it yet. As for someone walking you through it.... not gonna happen @ xda. That's why you need to read the instructions and follow them exactly.

AOKP WALLS -----> HERE
CM WALLS ------> HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to tomtommy306 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdshepherd
Old
Thanks Meter 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsicknessxx View Post
i going install sky ice but I'm confused by the multiple build. the one with most posts must be the one everyone uses right? i dunno I'm a bit confused. i want flash it perfect anyone pm me who went from gb to sky ice walk me through it

Come on you can do it. Follow the direction in the op. Yes the one with most post. Wipe wipe wipe, flash base, sign into Gmail, flash update......score

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

leftfork
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

No walking you through but this ICS works nicely... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602216

I had to darkside wipe it first..

xxsicknessxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
yes im sure just sometimes you might explain something and it makes sense to yoiu but to me reading it I may not get a specfic word of phrase or understand it.

So thats why thought if someone was super nice they just might pm me.. who knows can't hurt.

When whats at risk is a 400 dollar phone I would rather ask then not ask and have it break.

This is by far the most confusing rom I have seen on what to do to flash it so i WANT TO GET IT RIGHTTTT lol

thank you though I read the entire thread im not new

GooSe275
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
yes im sure just sometimes you might explain something and it makes sense to yoiu but to me reading it I may not get a specfic word of phrase or understand it.

So thats why thought if someone was super nice they just might pm me.. who knows can't hurt.

When whats at risk is a 400 dollar phone I would rather ask then not ask and have it break.

This is by far the most confusing rom I have seen on what to do to flash it so i WANT TO GET IT RIGHTTTT lol

thank you though I read the entire thread im not new
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzscreams View Post
Thats just my 2 cents...
(edited to fix link)

xxsicknessxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
how touch Odin won't show me a yes on flashng is this to do with screen? or will lot let you flash with out format all shows are no six times like screen size wrong curios

Samsung Galaxy S III - I747(rooted)
Rom - Rootbox (nightlys)
Recovery -TWRP

[APP] Rom/Recovery Flashing from phone -------> MobilODIN<--
[Driver|FIX] for the Hardware ID ERROR? Samsung Drivers <--- [don't update]
[TOOL ]Get 32 / 64bit windows ADB--------> Android Comander <--
http://mcsearcher.files.wordpress.co...tightjeans.gif

leftfork
Old
Thanks Meter 3
[QUOTE=leftfork;24963108]http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602216

Sean just updated his base Sky ICS... Ver 4.2DZ.. Just updated to it and it works much better.. Follow the instructions and it should work.. However, I had to darkside wipe again. Then update when it's working.

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2,195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
how touch Odin won't show me a yes on flashng is this to do with screen? or will lot let you flash with out format all shows are no six times like screen size wrong curios

Scroll down

Donald2B
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have run both SkyICS builds. The original based off of the first leak has the most modifications / theme stuff done to it. It was incredibly stable for me.

I am currently running the build based off the latest ICS leak. Not as many modifications, but seems to be running well for me too.

I would wait to flash Seanz new SkyICS build until after tonight. Sounds like he is going to make some more updates to the base (read full wipe) so that the base is solid. Updates after that should not require a wipe.

Hope that helps.