XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/KERNEL] OFFICIAL CM11.0 + 3.0.72 Kernel for Kindle Fire [NIGHTLIES]

Tip us?

Stevethegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
I haven't really gotten around to the USB tuning yet. :/ In general we have many issues right now with USB:
- Not showing charge correctly in OS
- MTP / mass storage not working
- Speed tests, etc all in progress
- Possibly looking to add drivers for bluetooth adapters, etc once the kernel is stable.
I understand well that the kernel is rather in alpha stage and in fact the progress made thus far is commendable, but I can't help and remark "Wow, bluetooth adapter support! Giving us back what Amazon so cruelly () prevented us from having"

...When complete this Kernel can seriously transform what the Fire is supposed to be and what is capable of ... not bad for a $200 piece of hardware.

Keep up the good work

southbird
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevethegreat View Post
"Wow, bluetooth adapter support! Giving us back what Amazon so cruelly () prevented us from having"
Actually I thought it was pretty much electrically proven that, despite earlier assumptions, there is no built-in Bluetooth capability? (Unless something else was found since I last looked this up.) The chip in use in the KF does not actually have an embedded Bluetooth component. (See here, post #23 and onward) So, assuming that's correct, Amazon didn't cruelly keep us from having Bluetooth. It was never there in the first place.

I'm guessing Hash meant possibly having Bluetooth USB adapters??

un4givn85
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
what i read when hashcode said that about bluetooth is being able to use a usb bluetooth adapter
Phone: Verizon Galaxy Nexus 32GB with CM11
Tablet: Kindle Fire with CM11

jwilliamf
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by un4givn85 View Post
what i read when hashcode said that about bluetooth is being able to use a usb bluetooth adapter
could not say it better myself,

that is how I understand it too!!
Transformer 16GB Rooted + Ice Cream Jeffix + ICS test (OC, UV) (test15) V9.2.2.3

Stevethegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbird View Post
Amazon didn't cruelly keep us from having Bluetooth. It was never there in the first place.

I'm guessing Hash meant possibly having Bluetooth USB adapters??
Yeah that's what I meant as well (hence the smiley), sarcasm doesn't translate well over the net. Anyhow this is a development thread so I'll make sure to keep my posts out.

Again thanks for your great work.

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 19701

DONATE TO ME
I'll post this in both threads but:

TO ENABLE MASS STORAGE GO TO:
"Settings -> Storage" and then click on the 3 dot "menu" icon in the upper right.
Choose the only option "USB computer connection"
Checkmark "Mass Storage"

I'll get that set as a default in the next build.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

animefun135
Old
Thanks Meter 14
thanks Hash, but usb speed really low ~1000 kb/s. On Gingerbread ~3000kb/s.

smirkis
Old
Thanks Meter 610
nice work hash. question, do u think the cwm flashing issue could be due to it being the gb branch?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
T-Mobile G2>HTC Glacier>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>Google Nexus 4

Asus Transformer>Amazon Kindle Fire>Google Nexus 7>2013 Nexus 7

backspacepc
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
I'd like to repeat:

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE CURRENT BATTERY DRAIN ISSUES WITH THIS KERNEL. IT DOES NOT DEEP SLEEP WHILE THE DEVICE IS NOT IN USE.

So best to power it off when not in use (long press the power button after the OS has shutdown for about 20 seconds to completely turn the device off)

Also, I'm merging the code back into the "ics" branch of the KFire-Android github here:
https://github.com/organizations/KFire-Android

So please double check your local_manifest.xml files and your device/amazon/otter branch if you have a custom build going.
Saw that a lil too late and thought my dog gone computer was cranking out uselessness. Thanks hash, still digging into CWM to see if I can come up with a viable solution. I've confirmed that its not the unzip binaries, it is in fact an issue with CWM.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
Found new non-sell out avenues to develop in. Good bye XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to backspacepc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 19701

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
nice work hash. question, do u think the cwm flashing issue could be due to it being the gb branch?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
No. I have phones which use the GB branch for CW Recovery and flash ICS-based ROMs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]