[Q] Protector for cracked screen

17th April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I recently dropped my Note and developed some pretty significant spider-cracks on the screen (learned my lesson about cases/protectors).

I can't afford the screen replacement price at the moment (repeatedly quoted almost $300!), so in the meantime I'm interested in getting a protector to prevent further damage, avoid swiping my finger across broken glass, and perhaps reduce the glare on the cracks themselves.

Does anyone have any advice regarding which screen protector would be best for my situation? I get the impression a dry-application protector is best, but I'm unclear about what material is best for such a screen or whether a matte protector would indeed help with glare. I'm also unsure given the deluge of products which brand has the best price/value ratio, given that I will likely have to buy a brand new protector when I finally replace the screen.
17th April 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Benton, KY
Thanks Meter: 22

109 posts
More
I am using a Moshi iVisor AG Screen protector I picked up from the local AT&T corporate store. It was $25 and its reusable and is thicker than most without losing sensitivity. I would recommend it for your situation because it would definitely protect your fingers from shards of glass and the fact that you can wash it with dawn and some water and reapply after letting it air dry means you could reuse it once you get the screen replaced. I would post a link but I'm a new member. Good luck.
17th April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachaim

I recently dropped my Note and developed some pretty significant spider-cracks on the screen (learned my lesson about cases/protectors).

I can't afford the screen replacement price at the moment (repeatedly quoted almost $300!), so in the meantime I'm interested in getting a protector to prevent further damage, avoid swiping my finger across broken glass, and perhaps reduce the glare on the cracks themselves.

Does anyone have any advice regarding which screen protector would be best for my situation? I get the impression a dry-application protector is best, but I'm unclear about what material is best for such a screen or whether a matte protector would indeed help with glare. I'm also unsure given the deluge of products which brand has the best price/value ratio, given that I will likely have to buy a brand new protector when I finally replace the screen.

This is what I am using. It is working out pretty well.

neweggdotcom / Product / Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07R08T8208

Sorry, cannot post link yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread