5,596,637 Members 43,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android v3.2 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1v confirmed by Vodafone

Tip us?

SjPedro22
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I can't play the blaming game here but if I were to play it, Vodafone wouldn't be where I would point my finger.... It would be Samsung for not providing support to their product and neglecting it when launching the other 10.1 and disregarding this tablet as if it was never produced.
Vodafone can only assure network services (3g,4g, calls, texts,etc)
Samsung is the only responsible for device servicing

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter 45979

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SjPedro22 View Post
I can't play the blaming game here but if I were to play it, Vodafone wouldn't be where I would point my finger.... It would be Samsung for not providing support to their product and neglecting it when launching the other 10.1 and disregarding this tablet as if it was never produced.
Vodafone can only assure network services (3g,4g, calls, texts,etc)
Samsung is the only responsible for device servicing
You could blame Samsung but you would be wrong. If Vodaphone had wanted ICS on the 10.1v, there would be ICS on the 10.1v. Simple as that.

Quite probably Vodaphone just doesn't care because they didn't sell enough of them.
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

SjPedro22
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
You could blame Samsung but you would be wrong. If Vodaphone had wanted ICS on the 10.1v, there would be ICS on the 10.1v. Simple as that.

Quite probably Vodaphone just doesn't care because they didn't sell enough of them.
I don't see how Vodafone would have anything to do with it since it's not their job to develop software.
Sure they could pressure Samsung and what good would come out of it? None because Samsung doesn't give in to "peer-pressure"
Vodafone's prime directive is to provide services and make sure the devices they sell work with their network. The moment something happens, they report back to Samsung with the issue which proceeds to the actual fix.

Vodafone makes most of it's money with the services and not with the devices...that's Samsung's turf. Just a small percentage goes to Vodafone and not a very significant one.

From the economic point-of-view, Vodafone doesn't win anything with pressuring Samsung in launching ICS to the Galaxy Tab 7100. And Samsung is launching this update so that their contract of providing updates within 2 years is met. This update is basically a big "shut up" shout to Vodafone and their clients.
And they won't launch ICS to it because this device is not being sold anymore so there is no point (on an economic point of view) to launch ICS.

In conclusion: Vodafone can't do anything and Samsung doesn't give a rat's ass

madjose
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
I don't see how Vodafone would have anything to do with it since it's not their job to develop software.
Sure they could pressure Samsung and what good would come out of it? None because Samsung doesn't give in to "peer-pressure"
Vodafone's prime directive is to provide services and make sure the devices they sell work with their network. The moment something happens, they report back to Samsung with the issue which proceeds to the actual fix.

Vodafone makes most of it's money with the services and not with the devices...that's Samsung's turf. Just a small percentage goes to Vodafone and not a very significant one.

From the economic point-of-view, Vodafone doesn't win anything with pressuring Samsung in launching ICS to the Galaxy Tab 7100. And Samsung is launching this update so that their contract of providing updates within 2 years is met. This update is basically a big "shut up" shout to Vodafone and their clients.
And they won't launch ICS to it because this device is not being sold anymore so there is no point (on an economic point of view) to launch ICS.

in other words ,we are f#ck!!!

SjPedro22
Old
Thanks Meter 39
in what official support is concerned....yes we are

but I have faith in the custom rom development. they haven't let us down yet

madjose
Old
Thanks Meter 25
"Vodafone China and Vodafone UK have now got ICS on S2. Any update on AUS S2 ICS?" from Australia vodafone forum
OK the "vision's "are starting again..
we are going to see another lunatic saying "i received ics on 10.1v by mistake"

GaryWS
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I am amazed at the way that vodafone has handled this. Completely unprofessional. There was no point in getting everyone's hopes up unless they were on the verge of releasing it.

I am pretty happy with the 10.1v on ics but I do wish I had the camera back. It is a reasonable camera on this thing. The one irk I have is the lack of accessories...

Chainfire
Old
(Last edited by Chainfire; 17th April 2012 at 10:49 PM.)
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter 45979

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Dude, the 10.1v is not like any other branded device. This is not like for example a Galaxy S2 on Vodaphone - in which case you would be correct. This doesn't happen often, actually aside from the 10.1v I only know of a number of Sprint devices that have been sold in this way. In this case, Samsung will provide updates only when Vodaphone pays them to. But why do I even bother, you don't listen anyway.
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

madjose
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Dude, the 10.1v is not like any other branded device. This is not like for example a Galaxy S2 on Vodaphone - in which case you would be correct. This doesn't happen often, actually aside from the 10.1v I only know of a number of Sprint devices that have been sold in this way. In this case, Samsung will provide updates only when Vodaphone pays them to. But why do I even bother, you don't listen anyway.
I knew this was a special device,but if we depend on vodafone paying anything we are f#ck!!!!
one thing i know it was vodafone that lied to me when afirm that that the 10.1v was going to get the same suport as the
"the new one".
one thing vodafone will never gonna see again.MY MONEY!!
p.s. i turned my boss head to change 32 business nunbers ,not vodafone any more...

thewill89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjose View Post
p.s. i turned my boss head to change 32 business nunbers ,not vodafone any more...
Anyone on optus or vodafone, give them a telstra phone for a week, watch their frustration as they go back to their old phone lol.