Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What made you choose an android over competitors?

OP jthatch12

12th April 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #31  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boulder, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,286

5,059 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambajews

Coming from an Iphone4 and a 3GS before that, i'd say that the Android platform is better than IOS in just about every way (speed, stability, customization, and ease of use if you are willing to take the time to learn to use the OS.) after switching to the SG2 the IOS devices just seem like baby toys...just my opinion.

Gave you a thanks cuz.. well.. I liked what you said

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
13th April 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
It's really strange actually. I was going to buy a side kick (remember those?) then I found out that Google was going to be making a phone. I decided to stick out for it. I forgot about it till way later. I bought my Moto Droid 1 since my friends had a iPhone and I didn't like their experience with it. I'm happy with my purchase and never looked back.
14th April 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #33  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 11

138 posts
More
Using and iPhone for 2 years was enough! I couldn't stand not being able to customize it or change the look. I love using custom ROM's and flashing all the time testing out different tastes in ROM's.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winklie

I utterly detest Apple, and while I think they do make outstanding products I would rather wake up and find out I had a sex change while sleeping than to be stuck with that company.

LOL!
16th April 2012, 07:37 AM   |  #34  
Flag Toppenish, WA
Thanks Meter: 6

59 posts
More
For me its a no brainer. Customization. Been a fan of android ever since i had my OG droid. Plus i got my s2 for $50 at radioshack on black friday.
16th April 2012, 08:05 AM   |  #35  
Flag Bethel
Thanks Meter: 97

340 posts
More
Because Android is just better. Period.
I don't like Apple because of the closed, hitler-style ecosystem, vs. the freedom and customization Android offers. Android offers choice, Apple's choice is apple.
16th April 2012, 08:15 AM   |  #36  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 19

175 posts
More
Been an android user since the G1 and never looked back, I love the open source aspect of it. and after maintaining my moms and sister in laws iphones Im soooo happy I didnt pull the trigger when the iphones came out
430Linux
16th April 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Linux baby....linux

Got Linux? I put it in your ride.
17th April 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #38  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
I was an iPhone user for about 5 years and got tired of the constraints applied to the OS, and there's little to nothing that you can do to open the system to allow what you want to modify. So I spent a few years Jailbreaking my phone to allow 3rd party apps and customization's. Got tired of that hassle of having to wait a month or more for a Jailbreak to come out for the current iOS version so I could upgrade to newest Version. I had decided to switch to Android about the time the news 1st came out about GS2 then I just bidded my time. Got the GS2 about a month after it came out, had it Rooted and Rom'd in a day haven't looked back since.
18th April 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 1,481

2,064 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2402

For me its a no brainer. Customization. Been a fan of android ever since i had my OG droid. Plus i got my s2 for $50 at radioshack on black friday.

Same here.... and guess what.. I come to find out they had it at Sams club for 9.99 on black Friday lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
18th April 2012, 03:41 AM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
I Hated not being able to do anything with IOS. If I pay $200 for a phone I want to be able to space out the apps without voiding my warrenty. When I first started android I had no idea what roms were and now I'm a flashaholic. Android is just a much more rich expirence than IOS.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread