Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,692 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remove Pleas

Tip us?

vicky6672
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

wifi and sms + ussd working for me currently.... just want to make the rom a bit smoother.
can anyone let me know how can i do it. i am on nAa kernel. can i make it fast by deleting some pre installed apps. name them...

xp7
Old
(Last edited by xp7; 18th April 2012 at 07:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
@pilu: call setting has errors.for example call blocking. and vibrant on call Do not exist this rom.please adding to your prefect rom.this is very important tanks again

---------
edit:sometimes when screen off when turn on screen with button home that is not working then i had to first perss button turn off and after button home until screen on.please checking this too

Torch90
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp7 View Post
@pilu: call setting has errors.for example call blocking. and vibrant on call Do not exist this rom.please adding to your prefect rom.this is very important tanks again
I have this same

Sent from my E15i using XDA

koledok
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Well. After other several testing days I can write this: changing Conversations.apk with Mms.apk and keep in memory CM7 setting on I received SMS in time, without delay. But I'm afraid that is no a reliable test: I got a lot of SMS so the app was always on.
The other problem is battery drain, as I wrote yesterday too. With phone in standby the battery consumption is quite insignificant, but only turning screen on battery drain starts. I'm only a final user, so I don't like enter in system to delete apps. I saw the very high percentage of system usage of battery, especially in comparison of other ROM in which System stay around 5% max.
Last thing, really few important, is a remarkable lag in contacts selection.
For me it is all. I think I have no more to say. Now, as everyone, I'm waiting next developments of this great ROM.
Nice work to pilu1978!
Koledok
---------------------------------------------------------
Xperia X8 White(E15i)

pilu1978
Old
(Last edited by pilu1978; 18th April 2012 at 11:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,677
@Torch90, xp7: I also have this problem (sometime cant switch on the screen with home when the phone locked), but no idea how to solve it. But thinking on this bug.
The call settings is near complete.

@koledok: yes, problems in android system, now I use the phone normally without charging, and try cleaning running processes to find what is the battery killer... As I see, NOT the cpu usage cause drain, because I test with min:19 max:122 setting (yes, I'm crazy it was extremely sloooow.... ) If I'm lucky tomorrow can say what is the killer process... And sms problem: the CMParts contains some direct links to mms.apk (com.android.mms) that differs from SE app (com.sonyericsson.conversations) so, the keep message app in memory option not work with SE app, but try fixing this.

And I have extra amount of work in my real life again, so the development will be a little bit slower...

EDIT: I forgot to tell a big thanks to koledok for the perfect report.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pilu1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aniket_
Old
Thanks Meter 161
I've uninstalled the following activities with titanium backup and I'm getting better battery life.. 8hours ~ 12% lost with moderate usage. (can't upload screenshot).

Activities:
AntHalService-2.1-update1
Timescape-feeds 1.4.2
Timescape 1.0.22
Timescape widget 1.0.16
google backup transport 2.3.5

Pilu1978, You can investigate them to see if they are the culprits.

koledok
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Yes, I did a look at CPU and RAM by Seepu app, and both of them seemed me ok, I did not notice any abnormal percentage, especially about CPU.
Ok. I'm sure pilu1978 will find the right way.
Ready to test any new release!

P.S. With S.E. 2.3.7 apps of Theme Xperia S by Bakabon19, my phone performance are slower (but it is not a your problem, just only to say...)
Koledok
---------------------------------------------------------
Xperia X8 White(E15i)

pilu1978
Old
Thanks Meter 1,677
@eeehaw: thanks, I also removed these apps, battery usage a little bit better, but far from good.

@koledok: yes, apps from bakabon make the phone slower, because all apps designed for HDPI or HIGHER resolution, and need resize all layouts, resources to MDPI in real-time.

damir87
Old
Thanks Meter 260
few members including me is report wifi bug.. connection go fine but it doesn't load the pages! I make clean install with pilu's kernel first and bug was there, then I change to regular alfs v8a but no improvement. i think this is not roms bug because a lot of people said that wifi work with no bugs and if rom work well this is something what I currently cant explain! this is really great rom, im gonna stick with it and keep searching for solution! write now im menage to get wifi signal with follow steps:
-make clean install
-boot and turn wifi on (it will connect but not load pages!)
-reboot to recovery
-wipe cache and dalvik cache
-reboot
that is it, wifi work until reconnect! then all over again!

pilu1978
Old
(Last edited by pilu1978; 18th April 2012 at 01:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,677
@damir87: try my kernel (v4b), this contains dhcpcd fix, if wifi not work, reboot (dont wipe anything, this step not needed) maybe help. But I dont know correct solution to wifi problems. Later I will make new kernel with nAa wifi and network drivers, or maybe try compile wifi modules from SE sources instead CM sources, but I dont have enought free time now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pilu1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
achotjan, cm7, freexperia, semc, semc andro2.3 unofficial update, semc debrand engine, xperia stock app
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe