CM9 vs. AOKP

Search This thread

darkfire2024

Feb 21, 2012
Our CM9 team have reported that they managed to squeeze out a lot of battery life on their latest alpha 3, so CM9 probably has the better battery life.

But, I've fallen in love with the integrated weather panel in the notifications, in the lockscreen, and to put the clock in the center. The toggles, I thought at first silly, but now they're very refreshing and useful. Unicorns are sexy, too. Some have reported success with flashing nexus s themes for aokp on here, as well.

I'm loving AOKP so far, but I will flash Codename and CM9 probably soon. :D

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Cm9 with reloaded ics is awesome.. excellent battery life and the reloaded add on allows for even more customization for tye statusbar/notification window etc etc.. codename is good and gummy but didnt see too much i liked in aokp.. its also amazing but they are all fairly similar minus some minor tweaks.. there is few differences in aokp than cm9 if you ask me

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Admiral2145

Sep 28, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6
I would use AOKP but there's no 4G toggle. CM9 ftw!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If that's your only complaint this is a ftw... People are lazy as he'll now a days... Aokp 32 ftw no issues Gps... 4g.. No random reboots like with the leaks samsung provides... Phonominal battery life sd fix works what else... Fast smooth tons of options disable that pink poney boot screen tho :) I leave my 4g on all day after a 12 hour day I still have 50% battery left.

Sent from my Thrive using XDA Premium HD app

kurtiskobain

Oct 3, 2011
I find aokp has everything cm9 does x10.

Yesterday tho I took my SD card out and rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop on aokp...so I odined to el29 and am now giving cma3 a shot now (will probably return to aokp before noon lol)

ericlikeseatin

Oct 18, 2011
i myself chose aokp because i am a lockscreen junkie (quad and octo)! i also like ROM control's features. also, the latest build of AOKP (32) fixed 4g and the GPS is super fast.

i can't speak to battery life yet because i only flashed last night.

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
Anyone else notice this sms issue??? :confused:

Sent from my Epic Touch running Blazer Rom via xda premium

It's just the stock sms app. You can use a third party app like go sms and turn split. Or its possible you can replace the mms.apk with one from an aosp rom that works. I haven't tested the second option at this time.

Bradfordv

Jul 1, 2011
Taylor
i would do cm9 if i could turn the navbar. aokp has sold me with that option. i got a skin it skin over my ep4gt capacite buttons so that little feature is a must

Sent from my GT-P3113 using XDA Premium HD app

epedrosa

Sep 9, 2010
Toa Alta
I think AOKP

Right now I have the latest releases of both ROMs (AOKP build 33 and CM9 alpha3) and I think Im going for AOKP because of its customization features.

darkfire2024

Feb 21, 2012
I think that TCP updates AOKP more frequently than darchstar and cm9 team update cm9. So usually, AOKP will have the more recent kernels, I think.

However, CM9 is built from source, whereas AOKP is a port. If that has any impact, I don't know lol.

im0rtalz

Mar 22, 2010
Boston
Tablet hybrid ui

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335128400831.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335128400831.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 510

borkan

Sep 11, 2010
Traverse City
I had cm 9 for a long time, loved it. Very stable, works great.

Have been trying out AOKP now and am loving it a bit more. So much more customization, and battery life seems better, almost GB like.

Both are great so just give them both a try to see what you like.

Oscar_david

Apr 12, 2012
AOKP. Hands down for me. Smooth, stable. But what really puts out over the top is the level of customization available.

For the record, I did run CM9 for a while, since it's what I'd mostly heard about before I rooted my phone. But I'd already gotten a taste for AOKP and switched back pretty quickly. I've tried a few other rooms a well, but I'm sticking with AOKP. \0/

Last edited:

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
AoKP with the TabletUI BY FAR!! Set dpi to 128 and you now have the sickest device anywhere!

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb34 FD24 using the TabletUI @ 128 dpi aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 5

Top Liked Posts