MIUI 4: Would you use it?

Search This thread

sanaell

Apr 3, 2008
Bangkok
I would totally use miui om my tablet. I had it in my Samsung galaxy s and I have it now on my Motorola triumph, miui is simply amazing with everything. Except its a memory hog lol. But +1 to miui for our tabs all the way

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

How good is miui on Galaxy S from the "stock" system.. real question, I plan to get maybe a GS1 or GS2

I think MIUI will be awesome on the Galaxy Tabs :D

Mnementh666

Feb 9, 2009
Portland OR
I'd definitely run MIUI on the tab, at least to check it out. I use it on my phone, with ADW as the launcher.
It's fast, smooth, and looks like normal Android. The settings and themes are awesome, and the extra apps built in are nice.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

LeBoy

Oct 8, 2008
Munich - Germany
In short

1. No, I would not upgrade to MIUI 4 just yet. Fonts are a tad smaller and the general look and feel is too "squarish" for my taste.
2. Not sure about using MIUI on a tablet at all since it was primarily designed for smart phones. Usability would suffer.
3. Sad that this thread became a pointless "MIUI = iOS" discussion. Those who believe in the affirmative probably never really used MIUI. Either way, who cares?
4. I've been using MIUI on my Galaxy S2 from the beginning and loving it. However I'll stick to the GingerBread version for the time being.

PS: In case you're wondering I am by no means a Apple user but I don't believe in anti-Apple extremism either.

Reactions: drkalo

ChiefWilNel

Sep 8, 2009
Benton, Arkansas
its kinda meh as far as I am concerned I decided to try this rom out on my Atrix, it didnt seem to add any more functionality than gb redpill v3, I think the browser sucks more tho. everything does seem to work

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
its kinda meh as far as I am concerned I decided to try this rom out on my Atrix, it didnt seem to add any more functionality than gb redpill v3, I think the browser sucks more tho. everything does seem to work

Miui ics is way better than gb I hated browser on miui gb then played around with V4 went to browser and it is sleek black orange colored plus very fast! I'm just bored with blue and grey ..

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

10-80

Mar 26, 2009
Hobart
Another vote for from me.
I use MIUI on my phone (MI-ONE) and it's fantastic.
I'm not sure how it would scale to the tablet but I'd love to give it a try

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Only will use it if landscape is an optional there's no way I will use my tab in portrait mode I hate it its to uncomfortable.

And since miui to my knowledge doesn't officially support tabs of our size I doubt landscape will work without alternative launchers.

So this means we won't get to use custom icons & ect.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No. I want to use Android, not an iOS wannabe.
    The theming modules are irrelevant. MIUI's default looks is to copy iOS as much as possible, and I'm just not interested in having to screw around theming the thing when I can just install an AOSP ROM that already looks how I want it to look.

If people like MIUI, that's up to them, but don't rag on those who don't just because you're a little butthurt. The OP asked a question, we answered.

And AOSP looking like you want is irrelevant when its incapable of looking how others want, while MiUi can look how they want it to.

The problem isn't people that don't like MiUi, its people that think a default theme designed to look like iOS is the only option. It shows that you don't have the slightest clue what the **** you're talking about. It looks like that by default, but its not a permanent look, it can look however you want it to.

And this is coming from someone that only wants AOSP roms, stop being so close minded and accept that others have a differing opinion from yours. If they want it to look different from AOSP, the theming modules are 100% relevant. There is a difference between not liking MiUi and not liking iOS and having no clue what MiUi is capable of.

My thoughts exactly. If I wanted an iPad, I would buy an iPad.

I couldn't disagree more. Miui is one of the most customizable roms available, ios is built to allow almost no customization.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    The theming modules are irrelevant. MIUI's default looks is to copy iOS as much as possible, and I'm just not interested in having to screw around theming the thing when I can just install an AOSP ROM that already looks how I want it to look.

If people like MIUI, that's up to them, but don't rag on those who don't just because you're a little butthurt. The OP asked a question, we answered.