18th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #3881  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag South of Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,692

7,373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boborone

I've seen your thoughts in the signature FAQ thread and those and what you just posted don't match. O.o

* iTouched Epic

If you see something so egregious you think it needs cleaning then hit the report button on that post. Asking for a general thread clean up on an existing thread that's pages long is what I was talking about - I clean up enough messes around here that I think I'm a fairly good judge of what needs cleaning vs. what doesn't.
18th April 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #3882  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

2,149 posts
More
Yo guys. Just had a quick thought about a cool idea.
When I go into the Q&A section of forum and try to answer a question, I sometimes wish I somehow tag another user in the post because I know he/she could better answer the question. For example, I was trying to explain a specific method of sbf'ing to someone and while I was close to spot on with the answer, I wasnt quite clear enough for the asker. Had I been able to tag the creator of the sbf, he would've been able to provide a much, much better answer.

Thanks for reading guys! I know this feature would make XDA a better place.
18th April 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #3883  
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,811

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

Yo guys. Just had a quick thought about a cool idea.
When I go into the Q&A section of forum and try to answer a question, I sometimes wish I somehow tag another user in the post because I know he/she could better answer the question. For example, I was trying to explain a specific method of sbf'ing to someone and while I was close to spot on with the answer, I wasnt quite clear enough for the asker. Had I been able to tag the creator of the sbf, he would've been able to provide a much, much better answer.

Thanks for reading guys! I know this feature would make XDA a better place.

We've brought this up before and were shot down. Something about servers and bandwidth or whatever. For now, sending a PM is the only thing we've got.
18th April 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #3884  
Flag Great country of Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,369

12,982 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo

oh right, the groups...

Haha yeah. I know

* iTouched Epic
18th April 2012, 06:02 AM   |  #3885  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Eldridge, IA
Thanks Meter: 1,063

1,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

PM any mod to make changes to polls. Regular users do not have that ability.

Us normal mods can't make changes to polls, so pming a senior or mod committee member would yield quicker results. But you can always pm us and we can forward the request to the right people.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk 2.
18th April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #3886  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 107

639 posts
More
Admins can see deleted threads, right? If they could, this would help my case a lot more than I could ask for.

There's this multi-device ROM promising a new flavour of Sense for a bunch of legacy and low-end HTC devices. Problem is, for the Legend, the thread has been deleted! I vaguely remember it existing in the Legend Android Development forum. (I could be wrong, but then I checked with the dev to make sure it was posted)

This is the original thread on the HTC Wildfire S forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1445517

Here's a thread on one of the supported device's forum, the HTC Aria:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1573059

Yet nothing for the HTC Legend. This is our first Sense 3.5 ROM, and I swear it existed once for us Legenders. We really got worked up for this.

I'm just curious as to why it disappeared. And hopefully, I request that it may be restored to the forum.

Thank you.
18th April 2012, 09:09 AM   |  #3887  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 5

109 posts
More
There's quite a lot of crap going on in Galaxy Ace developement forum - flaming in dev threads and so on. The dev forums could be altered so that only the OP (and mods) have the right to post on thread (Releases forum), then dev discussion forum, strictly on topic. All the rest of the cr(a/o)p in general discussion. Flames and rants should apparently have their designated forum too.

That would need some modpower, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to DMCrimson78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #3888  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,893

6,297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCrimson78

There's quite a lot of crap going on in Galaxy Ace developement forum - flaming in dev threads and so on. The dev forums could be altered so that only the OP (and mods) have the right to post on thread (Releases forum), then dev discussion forum, strictly on topic. All the rest of the cr(a/o)p in general discussion. Flames and rants should apparently have their designated forum too.

I'd like to see this extended to Development in general. Devs and Mods (won't even be necessary) in Development, and a dedicated Q&A thread in Q&A for all the junk.

A big overhaul, yeah. A lot tidier and easier on the Mods? Yeah.

18th April 2012, 01:09 PM   |  #3889  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag South of Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,692

7,373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCrimson78

Hit the report button on it! It's the best way to let us know what's going on.
18th April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #3890  
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,249

19,381 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asovse1

Admins can see deleted threads, right? If they could, this would help my case a lot more than I could ask for.

There's this multi-device ROM promising a new flavour of Sense for a bunch of legacy and low-end HTC devices. Problem is, for the Legend, the thread has been deleted! I vaguely remember it existing in the Legend Android Development forum. (I could be wrong, but then I checked with the dev to make sure it was posted)

This is the original thread on the HTC Wildfire S forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1445517

Here's a thread on one of the supported device's forum, the HTC Aria:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1573059

Yet nothing for the HTC Legend. This is our first Sense 3.5 ROM, and I swear it existed once for us Legenders. We really got worked up for this.

I'm just curious as to why it disappeared. And hopefully, I request that it may be restored to the forum.

Thank you.

The OP has no deleted threads or threads in legend area

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
request, user requests, xda
Previous Thread Next Thread