Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]Thrill Seeker 2.1 <A little MOAR V20p Ginger Goodness>

Tip us?

rodcleve
Old
(Last edited by rodcleve; 17th April 2012 at 07:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurrptsenate View Post
This phone is not a 4g phone. It's a misnomer. Its more like 3G+. The thrill is not an LTE phone.

Just remember that
Do you have any proof that this is not an LTE phone or you are just blowing smoke? Please provide detail that we can verify ourselves. PROOF PLEASE!!!!

I'm with AT&T and yes it is a 4g phone, when compared to other current 4g phones. Originally 4g was for 100mbps and we are not even close to that so they changed the current high speed internet to "4G" (but no one realy cares about that now).
With AT&T, if you have 4G LTE in your area (very limited in US) you will get 4g speeds. The signals swithces from 4G LTE to 4G HSPA+ and down to 3G HSPA when needed with 4g LTE being the fastest. Other carriers don't have this option. The Thrill uses all three networks under AT&T.

See more detail, AT&T coverage area, and how 4g works on ATT phones below.
http://www.att.com/network/
Nook Tablet (Rooted)
Samsung Captivate (Stock ROM - Rooted)
HTC Tilt II (TPC ROM)
HTC Fuze (TPC ROM - Sold)
Samsung Blackjack II (Back-up Phone)
HTC Cingular 2125 (Broken screen)
HP Jornado 545 (Still works with power adapter only)

I don't drink Apple Kool-aid.

Ronacarino
Old
(Last edited by Ronacarino; 17th April 2012 at 09:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
AT&T advertised the phone to be LG thrill 4G.. but not 4G LTE which is a big difference.. Sadly not an LTE phone sorry. That's AT&T's fault for not being clear.

PS: I live in San Diego so we have pretty good coverage of 4G LTE.. My friend has a skyrocket that goes to 10mbps + and I compare my lg thrill with him.. i get 5mbps-6..
Current: LG Thrill 4g Rooted
Sold: Samsung Infuse Rooted
Sold: Iphone 4 32gb Jailbroken

kurrptsenate
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I go to baltimore once every other month. Never experienced this data transfer speeds they talk about.

Anyway, can the OP address the charging issue where when charging, the battery icon flashes from the fat % icon the old one over and over again. Wouldn't be too hard to fix i think

WattB006
Old
Thanks Meter 51
It is 4g as this is what it says on the ATT page for the Thrill: 4G* HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. It doesn't say anything about LTE that I could find. I am currently getting between 5-7 Mbps download speed and I am very happy with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to WattB006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hackedout
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You are correct, HSPA+ is not lte. ATT has LTE, ive watched the note get 10 and 12 mbps downloads, but not in my area. The most I ever got was 7, and that is few and far between. Average for me is 5. Lexington Ky.

metalgod862
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcleve View Post
Have you done a speed test to see if speeds changed? I'm about to flash but don't want to loose any 4g speed I have now. If it is just cosmetics with the icon, I'm OK with that.
I got between 5 and 7 on both stock gingerbread and the rom, I also am not experiencing any ghost calls, this rom is awesome!

DevanPe
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReeher View Post
HSPA+ I believe its different than LTE

Sent from my LG Thrill dripping AcidHAZARD
Hspa+ and lte are different and require different hardware. It cracks me up when people talk about 4g as if hspa+ and lte even compare. Do you want to know if you have 4g? Do a speed test, and if you don't get a gig up than you are not 4g.

People talk about blazing speeds of 10-20 megabits and forget that TRUE 4g is a Gigabit throughput.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Ronacarino
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Browser

Remember how when you use the browser sometimes it'll just close itself... well I've started using a different browser such as opera mobile and so far not random closes.. just a heads up for anyone with that problem(:
Current: LG Thrill 4g Rooted
Sold: Samsung Infuse Rooted
Sold: Iphone 4 32gb Jailbroken

kurrptsenate
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I never get more than 300k on mine, so that must be nice. My brother gets about 9 at my house with his verizon LTE. I'm jealous.

ultrabigcamper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcleve View Post
What is the real problem with 4g. Is indicator not just showing or are you not really getting 4g speed? I'm thinking about flashing to ROM.

Also, what is reverting the flex.xml? I thought others were getting no results from doing that.
I got the 4g icon right know and its really fast

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium