Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unresponsive touch screen :(

OP rangers

7th September 2011, 10:49 AM   |  #11  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
I have the same problem. my screen doesnt work anymore because some water got in from the grill above the screen :S

should I try to take apart and dry off or shall I buy a new digitizer directly?
4th March 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #12  

7 posts
I think it may be a good idea to try disconnecting your digitizer and reconnect it as it just might be helping. I did it on my girlfriends legend and it has been working perfectly ever since. Maybe a good idea to at least try that before buying a new one. So i guess it could be in the connector to? At least this worked for me.
14th March 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #13  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 4

78 posts
More
My touch screen dosent work at times. but after rebooting the phone the problem becomes solved. But the problem comes again after a week or so. Any suggestions guys??
14th March 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #14  

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earayil

My touch screen dosent work at times. but after rebooting the phone the problem becomes solved. But the problem comes again after a week or so. Any suggestions guys??

I also have this problem, but if I wait a couple of minutes the touchscreen
becomes responsive again. Half of the screen works when it's unresponsive (right half of the notification bar and down). It's quite annoying but I cannot afford a new phone at the moment.

I'm also wondering if this might be temperature related, this problem reoccurred very often during the summer but stopped during the winter. But now (spring) it's back again.
5th April 2012, 06:04 AM   |  #15  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 4

78 posts
More
My problem got worse and the phone became totally unresponsive, changed it, got a new phone.
13th April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanayar

I also have this problem, but if I wait a couple of minutes the touchscreen
becomes responsive again. Half of the screen works when it's unresponsive (right half of the notification bar and down). It's quite annoying but I cannot afford a new phone at the moment.

I'm also wondering if this might be temperature related, this problem reoccurred very often during the summer but stopped during the winter. But now (spring) it's back again.

exact same problem here, mine works when it feels like working, totally random, I simply can't understand why, I doubt it's the temperature... I think its in the device theres something wrong, I smack it numerous time and it works right after a big smack on the screen, or rub your whole hands on the screen, also, the angle you are holding the phone affects this problem, if none of these work, a phone restart always makes it work at the beginning. Oh boy did my phone took and taking much beating... oh well, I wish I could permanatly fixed the problem here, as I was thinking of handing the phone to my brother when I upgrade, I'm using CM 6.1.
14th April 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #17  

7 posts
I still recommend the same thing that i posted earlier here, her screen still works perfect.
14th April 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #18  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 103

363 posts
More
I had the same problem few months ago. The problem is with the touch digitizer. I bought a digitizer on ebay and replaced it myself. After that my phone has been working fine. Its not that hard to replace it if you have a small knowledge about hardware.
18th April 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
I use to get that unresponsive screen issue only in the summertime, plus it gets worse if I add humidity (read: sweat). I just need to give it some time then to dry off/ cool down outside my pocket, and it's all fine again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread