Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 45,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unresponsive touch screen :(

Tip us?

ebaak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem. my screen doesnt work anymore because some water got in from the grill above the screen :S

should I try to take apart and dry off or shall I buy a new digitizer directly?

hulle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think it may be a good idea to try disconnecting your digitizer and reconnect it as it just might be helping. I did it on my girlfriends legend and it has been working perfectly ever since. Maybe a good idea to at least try that before buying a new one. So i guess it could be in the connector to? At least this worked for me.

Earayil
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My touch screen dosent work at times. but after rebooting the phone the problem becomes solved. But the problem comes again after a week or so. Any suggestions guys??

Tanayar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earayil View Post
My touch screen dosent work at times. but after rebooting the phone the problem becomes solved. But the problem comes again after a week or so. Any suggestions guys??
I also have this problem, but if I wait a couple of minutes the touchscreen
becomes responsive again. Half of the screen works when it's unresponsive (right half of the notification bar and down). It's quite annoying but I cannot afford a new phone at the moment.

I'm also wondering if this might be temperature related, this problem reoccurred very often during the summer but stopped during the winter. But now (spring) it's back again.

Earayil
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My problem got worse and the phone became totally unresponsive, changed it, got a new phone.
Motorola V3i----->Nokia 5310----->Nokia e52----->HTC Legend----->Xperia Neo V----->Nexus 4

18inch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanayar View Post
I also have this problem, but if I wait a couple of minutes the touchscreen
becomes responsive again. Half of the screen works when it's unresponsive (right half of the notification bar and down). It's quite annoying but I cannot afford a new phone at the moment.

I'm also wondering if this might be temperature related, this problem reoccurred very often during the summer but stopped during the winter. But now (spring) it's back again.
exact same problem here, mine works when it feels like working, totally random, I simply can't understand why, I doubt it's the temperature... I think its in the device theres something wrong, I smack it numerous time and it works right after a big smack on the screen, or rub your whole hands on the screen, also, the angle you are holding the phone affects this problem, if none of these work, a phone restart always makes it work at the beginning. Oh boy did my phone took and taking much beating... oh well, I wish I could permanatly fixed the problem here, as I was thinking of handing the phone to my brother when I upgrade, I'm using CM 6.1.

hulle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I still recommend the same thing that i posted earlier here, her screen still works perfect.

pasanjay
Old
Thanks Meter 103
I had the same problem few months ago. The problem is with the touch digitizer. I bought a digitizer on ebay and replaced it myself. After that my phone has been working fine. Its not that hard to replace it if you have a small knowledge about hardware.

kiiruchu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use to get that unresponsive screen issue only in the summertime, plus it gets worse if I add humidity (read: sweat). I just need to give it some time then to dry off/ cool down outside my pocket, and it's all fine again.