[FIX] nVidia Tegra 3 Power Management version 0.2 [15.04.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LittleMerc

Apr 20, 2009
Sigh... Perhaps I have been using quite a fair bit as I use mobile network always... Reading RSS feeds seems to drain my battery fairly fast... But at least still can last for a day's use... Did not really see a huge improvement...

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
Just flashed it :)

Easy.

Will now drain it after charging it then recharge and then compare with previous stats.

Thanks guy for this mod!

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
On the new 1.28 OTA Update, NvCPLSvc.apk isn't in /system/app or /system/bin. Do we need it anymore?

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
Some say it is a hoax, could anyone care to elaborate why they think so?

A Hoax? How and why?

When I flashed it I looked at the System,bin and it was there, after flashing it, it wasnt there anymore and was in apps.

What would be a hoax?

The only thing I can say is that so far I haven't noticed any difference in battery life, that SUX ASS!

riemervdzee

Retired Recognized Developer
May 27, 2010
Dokkum
A Hoax? How and why?

When I flashed it I looked at the System,bin and it was there, after flashing it, it wasnt there anymore and was in apps.

What would be a hoax?

The only thing I can say is that so far I haven't noticed any difference in battery life, that SUX ASS!

I hear you, after flashing it the service was suddenly running, so it does something aye.
However I heard some smalltalk that the apk doesn't address anything related to the battery, but that it has something to do with game profiles. So, I would like to see some explanation :)

kash20

Jun 7, 2011
So updated to Stock 1.28 earlier and managed to root and flash this without any problem, I'll report back with any improvements I find, seems to running fine though!

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
Its works, 18 hours working hard :D !!

Could you please upload some pictures of your battery stats?

Also the screen time on?

Its easy to write 'oh i got 20 hours' with no evidence.

Also what ROM you running? Are you unlocked and rooted?

I ask this so we all can get the most of our phones, so far for me I have not see any improvements at all after my first charge with apk file power management fixed.

Cheers

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
Can anyone explain why this is missing in the 1.28 OTA? Its not in /system/app or /system/bin.

mcnob

Aug 2, 2010
Suffolk
So I used Root Explorer to move the specified .apk to its correct location and rebooted.

Davey done good?

Same effect......right?

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I hear you, after flashing it the service was suddenly running, so it does something aye.
However I heard some smalltalk that the apk doesn't address anything related to the battery, but that it has something to do with game profiles. So, I would like to see some explanation :)

I have to agree with you.. been keeping this to myself for some times, what I see it just power management for when you play some games as shown in the stereoprofs_tegra.txt.

Code:
com.ideaworks3d.tackletegra
com.playboxgames.bangbangracing
com.trendy.ddapp
com.angrymobgames.guerrillabobthd
com.distinctivegames.hockeynations2011thd
com.southpeak.monsterapp
com.n3vgames.android.mfts
com.gameprom.pinballhdc
com.vectorunit.bluedemo
com.vectorunit.blue
com.madfingergames.SamuraiII
com.madfingergames.shadowgun
com.madfingergames.shadowgun_thd
com.n3vgames.android.trainz

Last edited:
Reactions: riemervdzee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most likely HTC will fix this in upcoming RUU, but still some users might want to have it as fast as possible. Due to many problems about "how to fix that myself?" I made 2 cwm recovery flashable packages:

1. Stock NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app
    2. Re-signed NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app

If you have problems with version nr 1 - flash version nr 2.

Download:

nVidia_T3_Fix_v.0.2_re-signed.zip

Changelog:

0.1 - initial release
    0.2 - removed the shared uid from AndroidManifest (Thanks to theintelligent for great idea!)
    Is this the mod that you have integrated in Android Revolution HD 1.2.2 ?

Yes.

10chars.
    How to check if it is working properly?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

You go to settings->applications and look under "opened" (dont know what it should say in english, the third)
    You should see NvCPL Service if it is working properly
    hey guys check 0.2 it's now working perfectly. I removed shared uid due to theintelligent suggestions! Works great :)
    It wasn't even fixed it was proved it did nothing, a mod needs to close this.