Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S.onyTablet.S v6.5 [ALLinONE] - new: Update OEM Apps! automatic ICS ROOT!, JB ROOT!

Tip us?

quiqsilver
Old
(Last edited by quiqsilver; 17th April 2012 at 11:18 PM.) Reason: adding path to region.zip
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by animaleyes76 View Post
Today i accidnetally accepted the lated OTA update but it rebooted halfway through updating and gave "error code 7" when then tablet finished booting.

Just out of curiosity i downloaded the OTA via the tool , moved to SD card and tried to flash and got the same "E:Prohibit update as a result of checking version or base sku" error.

I'm rooted with

Android version 3.2.1 release 2#
Kernel version 2.6.36.3 build 8#1
Build number THMAS0032400

I'm now worried i can't flash any custom roms or even download the official ones(which would clearly suck BIG time)

Any ideas?

Cheers
Check your region.zip file (/configs/region.zip); the recovery log is saying that it's empty/missing.

cezarL
Old
(Last edited by cezarL; 18th April 2012 at 07:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Hello everyone!

Noob questions following
Well, I'm used to flashing the hell out of my Android phones, but this is my first tablet (expecting delivery tomorrow), and the rooting / flashing process seems different.

Now, assuming my Tablet S doesn't come with that dread build#10 kernel I read about, should I go ahead and root it right away, with this tool? (big thank you to Condi for his efforts!) Or should I install OTA updates first, hoping I won't end up with a build#10 kernel?

More to the point:
Once I root it, how would I install updated versions afterwards?
I didn't see any custom ROMs posted in this section... does the tool itself install the latest rootable ROM version?

Many thanks in advance!

PS-seems rather silly that Sony lets you unlock the bootloaders for the Xperia line, but they don't allow it for the tablets...

animaleyes76
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqsilver View Post
Check your region.zip file (/configs/region.zip); the recovery log is saying that it's empty/missing.
Hi, seems it might not be exactly the same error as i have region.zip with lots of files and all of them populated as well.

I'm not the best adb user so what's the easiest way to get hold of the recovery log?

Thanks.

whiterider13
Old
Thanks Meter 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezarL View Post
Hello everyone!

Noob questions following
Well, I'm used to flashing the hell out of my Android phones, but this is my first tablet (expecting delivery tomorrow), and the rooting / flashing process seems different.

Now, assuming my Tablet S doesn't come with that dread build#10 kernel I read about, should I go ahead and root it right away, with this tool? (big thank you to Condi for his efforts!) Or should I install OTA updates first, hoping I won't end up with a build#10 kernel?

More to the point:
I didn't see any custom ROMs posted in this section... does the tool itself install the latest rootable ROM version?

Many thanks in advance!

PS-seems rather silly that Sony lets you unlock the bootloaders for the Xperia line, but they don't allow it for the tablets...
I would recommend rooting first, then you can download the OTA updates and root them with the tool before you actually run the update.

I may be wrong, but from what I have read online, the tablet S doesn't even come with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my Classic EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to whiterider13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cezarL
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider13 View Post
I would recommend rooting first, then you can download the OTA updates and root them with the tool before you actually run the update.
Thanks for that, just what I wanted to know. The instructions in the OP do mention the tool can root OTA updates, just wasn't sure if it can also download them.

Quote:
I may be wrong, but from what I have read online, the tablet S doesn't even come with a locked bootloader.
I thought the whole rooting problems came from the fact that the bootloader is locked?
I may have misread, though; I only started browsing the Tablet S section here on XDA yesterday evening.

DaDDy ICEPOC
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezarL View Post
Hello everyone!

Noob questions following

More to the point:

Many thanks in advance!

No custom Rom as you mentioned so the benefits are limited to apps that use root etc. as far as i am aware (please someone correct me if i am wrong) but as long as you are just rooting the version on the tablet the official updates will still arrive normally and be ok to install. just obviously be aware that the updates are likely to contain locked kernels so you could back at square one.

Condi: Quick Q. i am not asking for an eta or anything but wondered if you are hanging back until ICS is out to work on that instead? just wondered as i am checking back often to see if anyone has found a way yet and it kind of makes sense to me to do it that way.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milx View Post
oh, i give up taking SS on my Tablet "About"

this is what i have

Guys, I Have

Android Version
3.2.1 (release 2)

Kernel Version
integ-build@build10#1

u guys can belive it or not, i dont mind, maybe just every device is built diffrently =x

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2
ok you have aroused my curiosity....

could i ask you try and speak with condi or other developers to do some sort of tests, info dumps etc to see how you managed to get it done on yours?

also, my build number is THMAS0032400 which is below the kernel version on the about screen. maybe this makes some difference as i match everything else yours has. what is yours?

quiqsilver
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Hi, seems it might not be exactly the same error as i have region.zip with lots of files and all of them populated as well.

I'm not the best adb user so what's the easiest way to get hold of the recovery log?

Thanks.
adb pull /cache/recovery/log

animaleyes76
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqsilver View Post
adb pull /cache/recovery/log
Hi

I get remote object /cache/recover/log doesnt not exist.

In fact even the recover directory doesnt exist and if i pull the whole cache directory it pulls 0 files

condi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 881

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yep, you've quoted another users log, and now everybody thinks that its your problem

There might be 2 sources of your problem:
1) ro.sony.build.incremental value is higher than update which you want to flash,
2) or your region is different (/changed/tempchanged) than one in update which you want to flash.

To be sure that your region is proper, just run 'Reigon Changer' function,
and choose your device region. Even if its ok, it will reapply correct one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDDy ICEPOC View Post
No custom Rom as you mentioned so the benefits are limited to apps that use root etc. [...]

Condi: Quick Q. i am not asking for an eta or anything but wondered if you are hanging back until ICS is out to work on that instead? just wondered as i am checking back often to see if anyone has found a way yet and it kind of makes sense to me to do it that way.[COLOR="Silver"]
As far as custom roms are concerned everybody can make his 'own custom rom'. You can modify _custom_rom_maker.bat and make your own
Just look at /files/_custom_update_maker.bat file.

About hanging back - when ICS will be released then yes, we all gonna check it out, if its vulnerable with some exploits, and I would like to make 'all-in-one ICS update' which will be flashable to all region devices.
It will be easy to use, to all the people not familiar with all the dev stuff.

And one more thing about hanging back - there are no suggestions,
request and no ideas of new functions So I'm waiting for users creativity

br
condi
Sony Tablet S/P/Xperia:
S.onyXT.S v1.0 [UNBRICKER] - Xperia Tab S auto unbrick tool!
S.onyTablet.S v6.5 [ALLinONE] - root for ICS, JB!
S.onyTablet.S v3.0 [FLASHER]
[FW R5A WIFI/3G] NEW! custom preROOTed newest stock nbx03 R5A with R1A's recovery!

Files mirror - My Google Drive

If u found this post useful, click on the 'thanks' button...
Like my work? Feel free to buy a pack of pampers for my baby
The Following User Says Thank You to condi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

animaleyes76
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by condi View Post
Yep, you've quoted another users log, and now everybody thinks that its your problem

There might be 2 sources of your problem:
1) ro.sony.build.incremental value is higher than update which you want to flash,
2) or your region is different (/changed/tempchanged) than one in update which you want to flash.

To be sure that your region is proper, just run 'Reigon Changer' function,
and choose your device region. Even if its ok, it will reapply correct one.

br
condi
Hi condi thanks for your really quick reply and for the tool and all your work

Yeah i only meant to quote the part that showed the ""E:Prohibit update as a result of checking version or base sku" error that i get but managed to quote the whole log as a result of a few beers lol

I've changed my region using your tool just to make sure and the ro.sony.build.incremental value value was 1 so i set it to 0 but i still have the same problem

Any other ideas. Your help is much appreciated.