[Q] Aurora: Problems with SIM

Search This thread

lihaug

Feb 19, 2011
Since I don't have the required privileges to post in the development section I'm gonna try here.

I'm currently using the Aurora Rom and it's working excellent with the exception of two things:

I'm using a domestic roaming SIM (I think that's what it's called, my provider borrows network capacity from another provider) and the phone is acting a bit odd.

1. There's no icon to indicate what sort of data connection is currently active (edge, 3g, hspda etc.),

2. The phone randomly either A: Says I can only use emergency call and it indicates there's no signal, or B: Says there's no SIM-card present. Both of these can be resolved with rebooting the phone. They seem to appear at completely random intervals, but at least several times a day.

Neither of these issues are present if I use my work SIM which is the same provider as the network, I have a data connectivity icon and there's no fuzz with the SIM-card.

Both of these issues has been present at all versions of Aurora that I have tested.

If it is to any help I'm using a provider called OneCall in Norway.

Last edited:

naathaanb96

Apr 10, 2012
Melbourne
hey mate, try upgrading to the latest version doing all the wipes, and if there is no data connection , see if mobile data is enabled?

lihaug

Feb 19, 2011
hey mate, try upgrading to the latest version doing all the wipes, and if there is no data connection , see if mobile data is enabled?
The problem has been recurring with all versions of Aurora, and I've tried full wipes several times. I didn't say I had no data connection, the connection is just fine. As I mentioned, the problems are just present with one of my SIM cards.

The problems with SIM dropout might have something to do with the data connection, but I still get the problem when I'm at home connected to my WiFi. I'm gonna try to disable mobile data and see if the problem goes away.

Last edited:

Qqqxxxzzz

Mar 1, 2012
Try this:

Download some terminal app and type:
su
setprop persist.eons.enabled 0

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

lihaug

Feb 19, 2011
Try this:

Download some terminal app and type:
su
setprop persist.eons.enabled 0

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks!
Tried the command, still no icon for connectivity type though. Not sure about the SIM problem. Do you mind me asking what the command does? :)

As for the random SIM dropouts: I haven't actually had any since yesterday, not sure if it is just pure luck or it has something to do with the new 2.0.8 version that I installed yesterday (going from 2.0.7) after making this thread. I've had the problems in all the Aurora versions I've tested earlier. I'll report back if the problems reoccur.

If they don't I guess either the command or the new version fixed it.

lihaug

Feb 19, 2011
Idk... It's Sim loading fix for sunalahti Sims but it may work in others too

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2
Oh ok :)

Well I haven't had any SIM dropouts yet, but not sure if it's the fix or the new rom.
Anyway the problem has resolved itself in an unconventional way; I just got offered a better subscription with another provider :D

Thanks for the help!

peixotorms

Apr 24, 2012
Usually the budget carriers provide with SIM that are thinner than usual (not much visible)... at least, it happened to me before.

This may be the cause for the error, showing "no sim card inserted" as it will move inside your phone and cause that error.

The network error, can be related with the type of network you choose.

Maybe you choose CDMA only and you're out of 3G on that area sometimes...
You can check it on the settings and mobile networks.