Post Reply

Anyone used this cover: Cosmos Back Cover for Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 & i777 (AT&T)

OP anikiup

18th April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sterling
Thanks Meter: 14
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I was wondering if anyone got this one. It looks fine in the picture. I dropped my phone 3 times in last week and looks like now is a good time to get a new case.

Here is the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Samsung...778851&sr=1-80
Last edited by anikiup; 18th April 2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling
19th April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #2  
fatbas202's Avatar
Senior Member
Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 27
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatbas202 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #3  
MashBill's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbas202

I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.

+1
20th April 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #4  
alacrify's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,945
 
3,433 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbas202

I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.

It's silver, but not metal - product info states "polycarbonate back cover". Kinda snazzy looking...
20th April 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #5  
nappent's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bothell, Wa
Thanks Meter: 82
 
427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbas202

I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.

I'm not sure that is completely true. I've test my old SGS Captivate with and without the metal battery cover and there was no improvements. The GPS receiver in the phone was just crap. SGS2 has a much better gps receiver which is the simple fact.

As for the SGS2 I'm sure some more testing would need to be completed to know for sure.
20th April 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #6  
fatbas202's Avatar
Senior Member
Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 27
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappent

I'm not sure that is completely true. I've test my old SGS Captivate with and without the metal battery cover and there was no improvements. The GPS receiver in the phone was just crap. SGS2 has a much better gps receiver which is the simple fact.

As for the SGS2 I'm sure some more testing would need to be completed to know for sure.

So you took the GPS antenna off of the phone and it didn't help?

Yep, the GPS for our beloved Cappys were crap, and there were far more contributing factors than just the metal cover.
24th April 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #7  
Member
Flag Rocky Hill, CT
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
i had one of these cases on my lg thrill 4g 3d phone, it was a decent case, looked great but the clear plastic part got pretty scratched up after not too long...
The Following User Says Thank You to 08BlackWRX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Optimus-Prime
25th April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
I have it. do i use it nope. its actually just a a piece of aluminum sticked to a clear case that does not fit the phone. it will scratch it. left a wittle scratch on the top corner of mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #9  
howtomen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brea CA
Thanks Meter: 1,221
 
1,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime

I have it. do i use it nope. its actually just a a piece of aluminum sticked to a clear case that does not fit the phone. it will scratch it. left a wittle scratch on the top corner of mine.

bahahahahahaha and u told me to buy it. im glad i didnt xD
Optimus-Prime
27th April 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #10  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomen

bahahahahahaha and u told me to buy it. im glad i didnt xD

I know! it looked so cool at first haha!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes