2.6.35.7 vs 2.6.32.9 kernel

Tip us?

cheezzzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default 2.6.35.7 vs 2.6.32.9 kernel

Okay here's the thing,

my last most stable ROM I was running on was CacingKalung's MIUI. And that had a wakelock issue too. I'm pretty sick of it, so I decided to try Edowar's CM7 and maybe even Bumblebee rom.

when I flashed to Edo's CM7, all was good, no wakelocks, apn thing I had it fixed by using yashwant's APN fix.. until I ran Temple Run. The frames were skipping really bad, in the store part the Back button couldnt even been seen until scrolled up. The vines kept disappearing, and the gameplay was even worse, laggy. Mind you I updated the game already.

I never had this issue when I was on 2.6.32.9. So tell me, with me switching back to .6.32.9 now, what do I have to lose? Please share your thoughts and opinion!

PS: Thinking of going back to Maclite rom, least it's stable.

vivekb
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 553
Bro its too early to comment on difference between these two kernel.

for .32.9 kernel various custom kernel are available while for .35.7 only TJ's custom version is available and I think it need more support from kernel developer.

till now if we think for .32.9 kernel, mOCk is best for gamer.

nayneshdev
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I have found that the best gaming combo is maclite with bumblebee kernel for mortals(non devs like me) and newer gpu drivers as far as benchmarks go. It also gives a superfast rom. What I have found so far is that eventhough there is a scarcity of custom kernels for .35 the situation will not improve any better than the performance of tj with a score of 27.9. I have already achieved 27.7 at 1.4 GHz with the. 32 kernel and 27.2 with stock speed in nenamark 2.2. Still this is just my opinion and it is very likely that your device may hit tjs score.

Sent from my MacLite-FB0 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to nayneshdev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CacingKalung
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Between .35 and .32... seem that .35 hasn't been hacked with wakelock trick while wifi is on. This hack is needed to prevent our device to meet Sleep of Death when it goes to sleep while wifi is on.

Sent from my CSL-MI410 @CKMIUI 2.4.13 using Tapatalk
Currently using :
K-Touch S100 Titan

ROM __________ : LewaOS-14.01.24
Android version__ : 4.1.2

Kernel__________ : default

CSL-MI410

ROM __________ : CM10-130810

Kernel__________ : CK Kernel v0.5c

Find my kernels built HERE

I'M NOT AN ANDROID ROM DEVELOPER... JUST A ROM PORTER.

I would not take any responsibility for your damage or brick phone, pregnancy or missing your things if you use my posted stuff...

cheezzzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacingKalung View Post
Between .35 and .32... seem that .35 hasn't been hacked with wakelock trick while wifi is on. This hack is needed to prevent our device to meet Sleep of Death when it goes to sleep while wifi is on.

oh i thought the SoD had nothing to do with kernel.. lol well thank God im back to. 32..

am still getting pretty bad wakelocks every now and then x.x

but honestly i tried STOCK sharp rom to play temple run and even on that the frames were choppy, graphics n sum sprites were missing. ugh.

anyone with good batt life on either roms can u guys share your rom,kernel n config? my phone lasts about 8-10 hrs a day only if heavily used non stop.

natsuke
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezzzz View Post
Okay here's the thing,

my last most stable ROM I was running on was CacingKalung's MIUI. And that had a wakelock issue too. I'm pretty sick of it, so I decided to try Edowar's CM7 and maybe even Bumblebee rom.

when I flashed to Edo's CM7, all was good, no wakelocks, apn thing I had it fixed by using yashwant's APN fix.. until I ran Temple Run. The frames were skipping really bad, in the store part the Back button couldnt even been seen until scrolled up. The vines kept disappearing, and the gameplay was even worse, laggy. Mind you I updated the game already.

I never had this issue when I was on 2.6.32.9. So tell me, with me switching back to .6.32.9 now, what do I have to lose? Please share your thoughts and opinion!

PS: Thinking of going back to Maclite rom, least it's stable.
I'm on latest edowar's CM7, got lag issue when playing Temple run on 35.7 kernel, but then after I set the I/O governer to Deadline, and CPU gorvener to smartassv2 or interactive X, it seems better.

From my experience with this rom, the gpu lib is not very good to play HD games (got so much lag when playing Asphalt 6, but not dungeon defender 3), or very much like fast moving graphic game like temple run. I've test to install the older gpu lib from 32.9 kernel (just the gpu lib, not the kernel itself), it gave me back low nenamark2 value, but the lag is gone like 32.9 kernel cm7, however, it seems making the fast locking gps not to be that fast anymore (wonder why, still need to play2 around again).

About the wifi, it really piss me off as it will brings the phone to sleep of death each time it goes to sleep although I set the wifi sleep policy to 'never'. however, the workaround would be to install Advanced Wifi Lock from the market for now.

CacingKalung
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacingKalung

oh i thought the SoD had nothing to do with kernel.. lol well thank God im back to. 32..

am still getting pretty bad wakelocks every now and then x.x
Because of the wakelock hack, when wifi is on, our device will never go to sleep. So it's very recomended to turn on wifi only when we need it and turn off if we've done. so our device will able to enter sleep mode when in idle to save power.

Currently using :
K-Touch S100 Titan

CSL-MI410

I would not take any responsibility for your damage or brick phone, pregnancy or missing your things if you use my posted stuff...

whyzee
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacingKalung View Post
Because of the wakelock hack, when wifi is on, our device will never go to sleep. So it's very recomended to turn on wifi only when we need it and turn off if we've done. so our device will able to enter sleep mode when in idle to save power.

CK bro, Mokee v0.3 still has the SOD issue though it uses mock kernel(0.32). Any ideas on how to fix this?

CacingKalung
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee View Post
CK bro, Mokee v0.3 still has the SOD issue though it uses mock kernel(0.32). Any ideas on how to fix this?
Are you sure? While wifi was on?
As far as I know, mOCk and SD and also last TJ's miui kernel have been patched with wakelock if wifi is on.
Or maybe you can use wifi library and driver from miui just to make sure.
If still remain then I don't have an idea for that problem.

Currently using :
K-Touch S100 Titan

CSL-MI410

The Following User Says Thank You to CacingKalung For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whyzee
Old
(Last edited by whyzee; 24th April 2012 at 03:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 137
thanks for the info bro. I am certain that it happened. I'll try again and see.

EDIT
I can't replicate the problem. Though the lockscreen turns on, I'm able to get back without any problems. So I think may be its gone now. thanks anyway.....

UPDATE
fixed sod after using different wifi lib files