5,593,587 Members 37,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][VIEW][HC] DeSensed-View HC Edition Version 2.1 - 3/30/12 (NO Longer supported)

Tip us?

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell View Post
Question...does the CM7 ROM that the Flyer guys have support broad pen input, or just the basic pen input that was originally supported in the stock GB ROM?
No idea...

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Google Glass

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 64GB SD
HTC One M7 Silver 64GB

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
ok ok...... I'm downgrading to GB now so I can start work on a DeSensed verison of GB. The more broad pen support would be a huge undertaking and I'm not too proud to say it's currently above my skill set.
Awesome! Excited to hear this. GB is just a better user experience.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Quote:
Question...does the CM7 ROM that the Flyer guys have support broad pen input, or just the basic pen input that was originally supported in the stock GB ROM?
Wonder how hard it would be to port this to the View? I bet Viper could do it.

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
Wonder how hard it would be to port this to the View? I bet Viper could do it.

Well, graffixnyc asked them for the source code, but I don't know if they ever gave it to him. I know one of our excellent devs could definitely do it if they had the source code.

It seems the View guys always get shafted. We can't get a good kernel to build ICS, and we can't seem to get the source code for the kernel for CM7...

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Quote:
Well, graffixnyc asked them for the source code, but I don't know if they ever gave it to him. I know one of our excellent devs could definitely do it if they had the source code.

It seems the View guys always get shafted. We can't get a good kernel to build ICS, and we can't seem to get the source code for the kernel for CM7...
Well unfortunately we are the proud owners of a relatively obscure device. I'm glad we have what we have. Nevertheless, maybe we can talk one of the Flyer Devs into throwing us a bone.

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Well unfortunately we are the proud owners of a relatively obscure device. I'm glad we have what we have. Nevertheless, maybe we can talk one of the Flyer Devs into throwing us a bone.
Yeah, I understand our device is not common, but other than the cellular radio, the tablet really isn't much different than the Flyer. I know I'd be fine with not having a working radio at all (I don't use it), and I bet others would be fine with temporarily losing the radio if it meant we got some AOSP ROM development rolling.

I'm pretty much just being a Monday morning quarterback, though, since I can't actually do any development myself.

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Quote:
Yeah, I understand our device is not common, but other than the cellular radio, the tablet really isn't much different than the Flyer. I know I'd be fine with not having a working radio at all (I don't use it), and I bet others would be fine with temporarily losing the radio if it meant we got some AOSP ROM development rolling.

I'm pretty much just being a Monday morning quarterback, though, since I can't actually do any development myself.
I PM'd the dev on the CM rom there to see if he would consider porting it for us. We'll see.

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4009

DONATE TO ME
Ok so the GB version has begun.. I downgraded to GB with the RUU Stock rom, I'm now deodexing it, added in the goodies (root, busybox, init.d) after it's done deodexing then the experimental stuff begins, removing as much as possible unit **** starts breaking and replacing whatever HTC app I can with an AOSP app that will work, then after all that's done I'll theme it a bit and then release a beta

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Google Glass

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 64GB SD
HTC One M7 Silver 64GB

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
Ok so the GB version has begun.. I downgraded to GB with the RUU Stock rom, I'm now deodexing it, added in the goodies (root, busybox, init.d) after it's done deodexing then the experimental stuff begins, removing as much as possible unit **** starts breaking and replacing whatever HTC app I can with an AOSP app that will work, then after all that's done I'll theme it a bit and then release a beta
Good luck!

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Pancho Punch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Good luck!

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
Indeed! Best news I have read today.

By the way, getting a bit out of track with a random thought before I forget, wouldn't it be possible for the hardware buttons to be mapped to do other stuff? For example, have the middle one (settings button) reveal/hide the HC bar (for those that want to keep track of the time, battery, or access the actual settings quickly, for example), or have it show the recent apps list.

Just a thought, with the reason being mainly about the possibility of remapping such buttons.

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA