[ROM][VIEW][HC] DeSensed-View HC Edition Version 2.1 - 3/30/12 (NO Longer supported)

OP graffixnyc

18th April 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #431  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,772

5,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell

Question...does the CM7 ROM that the Flyer guys have support broad pen input, or just the basic pen input that was originally supported in the stock GB ROM?

No idea...
18th April 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #432  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,216

5,358 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

ok ok...... I'm downgrading to GB now so I can start work on a DeSensed verison of GB. The more broad pen support would be a huge undertaking and I'm not too proud to say it's currently above my skill set.

Awesome! Excited to hear this. GB is just a better user experience.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
18th April 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #433  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,358 posts
Quote:

Question...does the CM7 ROM that the Flyer guys have support broad pen input, or just the basic pen input that was originally supported in the stock GB ROM?

Wonder how hard it would be to port this to the View? I bet Viper could do it.

18th April 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #434  
Thanks Meter: 199

725 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Wonder how hard it would be to port this to the View? I bet Viper could do it.

Well, graffixnyc asked them for the source code, but I don't know if they ever gave it to him. I know one of our excellent devs could definitely do it if they had the source code.

It seems the View guys always get shafted. We can't get a good kernel to build ICS, and we can't seem to get the source code for the kernel for CM7...
18th April 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #435  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,358 posts
Quote:

Well, graffixnyc asked them for the source code, but I don't know if they ever gave it to him. I know one of our excellent devs could definitely do it if they had the source code.

It seems the View guys always get shafted. We can't get a good kernel to build ICS, and we can't seem to get the source code for the kernel for CM7...

Well unfortunately we are the proud owners of a relatively obscure device. I'm glad we have what we have. Nevertheless, maybe we can talk one of the Flyer Devs into throwing us a bone.
18th April 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #436  
Thanks Meter: 199

725 posts
Quote:

Well unfortunately we are the proud owners of a relatively obscure device. I'm glad we have what we have. Nevertheless, maybe we can talk one of the Flyer Devs into throwing us a bone.

Yeah, I understand our device is not common, but other than the cellular radio, the tablet really isn't much different than the Flyer. I know I'd be fine with not having a working radio at all (I don't use it), and I bet others would be fine with temporarily losing the radio if it meant we got some AOSP ROM development rolling.

I'm pretty much just being a Monday morning quarterback, though, since I can't actually do any development myself.
18th April 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #437  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,358 posts
Quote:

Yeah, I understand our device is not common, but other than the cellular radio, the tablet really isn't much different than the Flyer. I know I'd be fine with not having a working radio at all (I don't use it), and I bet others would be fine with temporarily losing the radio if it meant we got some AOSP ROM development rolling.

I'm pretty much just being a Monday morning quarterback, though, since I can't actually do any development myself.

I PM'd the dev on the CM rom there to see if he would consider porting it for us. We'll see.
19th April 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #438  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,772

5,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok so the GB version has begun.. I downgraded to GB with the RUU Stock rom, I'm now deodexing it, added in the goodies (root, busybox, init.d) after it's done deodexing then the experimental stuff begins, removing as much as possible unit **** starts breaking and replacing whatever HTC app I can with an AOSP app that will work, then after all that's done I'll theme it a bit and then release a beta
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #439  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,358 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

Ok so the GB version has begun.. I downgraded to GB with the RUU Stock rom, I'm now deodexing it, added in the goodies (root, busybox, init.d) after it's done deodexing then the experimental stuff begins, removing as much as possible unit **** starts breaking and replacing whatever HTC app I can with an AOSP app that will work, then after all that's done I'll theme it a bit and then release a beta

Good luck!

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
19th April 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #440  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:

Good luck!

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Indeed! Best news I have read today.

By the way, getting a bit out of track with a random thought before I forget, wouldn't it be possible for the hardware buttons to be mapped to do other stuff? For example, have the middle one (settings button) reveal/hide the HC bar (for those that want to keep track of the time, battery, or access the actual settings quickly, for example), or have it show the recent apps list.

Just a thought, with the reason being mainly about the possibility of remapping such buttons.

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread