XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Volume+ app

Tip us?

LilProphet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default Volume+ app

Some said it worth buying since it has nice effects (like Beats emulator etc), but it generated much sound distortion while using it.. I also have DSPManager (I turned it off when I used Volume+) and it has much clearer sound! So, is it just me, or it really doesn't worth its price?

salisbury_steak
Old
Thanks Meter 600
I like volume+ better since it has the ability to amplify the phone speaker sound (which DSP manager can't do.)

If you're getting distortions, maybe you're putting in too much bass?
Thank you for thanking!

LG G2 D802 ESA
ROM: Stock (4.4.2) rooted
LG Optimus 2X P990
ROM: CyanogenMod 7 Temasek Unofficial (2.3.7)
Recovery: CWM Recovery (6.0.2.5)

Acer Iconia Tab A510
ROM: Stock (4.2.2) rooted
Recovery: CWM Recovery (6.0.1.9)

Don't have Dropbox yet? Get an additional 500MB cloud storage free (on top of 2GB) by clicking this referral link!
The Following User Says Thank You to salisbury_steak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tablighs
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I think voodoo sound is much better if you are talking about boosting headset.. and its free if you use kernels which has merged the voodoo control codes. If not, there's the paid plus version but only works for stock kernels.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

xilw3r
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablighs View Post
I think voodoo sound is much better if you are talking about boosting headset.. and its free if you use kernels which has merged the voodoo control codes. If not, there's the paid plus version but only works for stock kernels.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
voodoo plus works with any kernel. the app loads the sound modules it self. you only need to have root.

tablighs
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilw3r View Post
voodoo plus works with any kernel. the app loads the sound modules it self. you only need to have root.
I have tried voodoo plus on some beta custom kernels before, it won't install the drivers needed to run because of it detects incompatible kernel. Just sharing my experience..

vanmarek
Old
Thanks Meter 98
LilProphet:
DSP manager is better than any sound enhancement app I've ever tried, so if you're listening to music through headphones then I'd definitely recommend DSP. It also really depends on what kind of music you listen to, I know for fact that it works wonderfully with house, dubstep, hardstyle and hip-hop. Just the genres that require some nice bass boost
But I never really listened to music through the phone's speakers, so I cannot say whether or not DSP is better than the rest there.

And no, xilv3r, there's a whole bunch of kernels it does not support

LilProphet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanmarek View Post
LilProphet:
DSP manager is better than any sound enhancement app I've ever tried, so if you're listening to music through headphones then I'd definitely recommend DSP. It also really depends on what kind of music you listen to, I know for fact that it works wonderfully with house, dubstep, hardstyle and hip-hop. Just the genres that require some nice bass boost
But I never really listened to music through the phone's speakers, so I cannot say whether or not DSP is better than the rest there.

And no, xilv3r, there's a whole bunch of kernels it does not support
Im using MusicFX for a week now, and it has much clearer and powerful bass boost! Give it a try, its free.

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x with xda premium app