FORUMS

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Volume+ app

18th April 2012, 09:20 PM |#1  
LilProphet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Szentendre
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Some said it worth buying since it has nice effects (like Beats emulator etc), but it generated much sound distortion while using it.. I also have DSPManager (I turned it off when I used Volume+) and it has much clearer sound! So, is it just me, or it really doesn't worth its price?
 
 
19th April 2012, 03:00 AM |#2  
salisbury_steak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 657
 
More
I like volume+ better since it has the ability to amplify the phone speaker sound (which DSP manager can't do.)

If you're getting distortions, maybe you're putting in too much bass?
The Following User Says Thank You to salisbury_steak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 05:31 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
I think voodoo sound is much better if you are talking about boosting headset.. and its free if you use kernels which has merged the voodoo control codes. If not, there's the paid plus version but only works for stock kernels.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 07:33 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablighs

I think voodoo sound is much better if you are talking about boosting headset.. and its free if you use kernels which has merged the voodoo control codes. If not, there's the paid plus version but only works for stock kernels.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

voodoo plus works with any kernel. the app loads the sound modules it self. you only need to have root.
23rd April 2012, 02:50 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilw3r

voodoo plus works with any kernel. the app loads the sound modules it self. you only need to have root.

I have tried voodoo plus on some beta custom kernels before, it won't install the drivers needed to run because of it detects incompatible kernel. Just sharing my experience..
8th June 2012, 09:48 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Here
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
LilProphet:
DSP manager is better than any sound enhancement app I've ever tried, so if you're listening to music through headphones then I'd definitely recommend DSP. It also really depends on what kind of music you listen to, I know for fact that it works wonderfully with house, dubstep, hardstyle and hip-hop. Just the genres that require some nice bass boost
But I never really listened to music through the phone's speakers, so I cannot say whether or not DSP is better than the rest there.

And no, xilv3r, there's a whole bunch of kernels it does not support
8th June 2012, 10:37 AM |#7  
LilProphet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Szentendre
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanmarek

LilProphet:
DSP manager is better than any sound enhancement app I've ever tried, so if you're listening to music through headphones then I'd definitely recommend DSP. It also really depends on what kind of music you listen to, I know for fact that it works wonderfully with house, dubstep, hardstyle and hip-hop. Just the genres that require some nice bass boost
But I never really listened to music through the phone's speakers, so I cannot say whether or not DSP is better than the rest there.

And no, xilv3r, there's a whole bunch of kernels it does not support

Im using MusicFX for a week now, and it has much clearer and powerful bass boost! Give it a try, its free.

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x with xda premium app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes