Originally Posted by Gogolo2
This is chinese for me again, sorry...
Ni hao ma?
Ok, no problem.
Here is the official (interim, hacked) way to get your Nook to be an MP3 player.
- Install mali100's uImage with USB host mode and audio drivers
- Install superuser.apk and su
- Install UsbMode-1.4.apk (see below)
- Install AudioCtl-1.0.apk (see below)
- Create the text file /system/etc/asound.conf as shown here
- Plug in USB audio adapter through a special OTG cable adapter
- Using UsbMode, set in host mode
- Run AudioCtl, it should make beeping noises
- Go to your file manager and select a suitable song to play
- Goto step #10
AudioCtl is very much a version 1.0
It is necessary to use now as a workaround due to problems with mediaserver.
You only need to run it once after each time of turning on the USB audio adapter.
In the future, AudioCtl will have useful features.
Note: Ignore all that stuff about ps, kill, mediaserver, etc. AudioCtl obviates all that.