Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seidio HTC Rezound Active Case

Tip us?

krelvinaz
Old
(Last edited by krelvinaz; 17th March 2012 at 05:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 546
Default Seidio HTC Rezound Active Case

I ordered on Amazon at 10:49pm last night the Seidio Active case (black) for my HTC Rezound. It was delivered this afternoon at 2:40pm.

I have been using the same type of case with my Dinc since I got it. I waited a couple weeks before deciding I didn't want to leave the Rezound unprotected.

Like the Dinc version, the case consists of two parts... A rubber shell that you put onto the phone first, and then a hard shell that clamps on over the back of the rubber shell.

This provides a shock absorber like affect that protects the phone pretty good. I've dropped my Dinc a number of times in all kinds of angles. Take it out of the case even after 2 years of use and the phone looks brand new.

The case does add some bulk and weight to the phone and adds a rim of rubber around the front of the phone which protects the phone if it lands face down.

The Rezound version actually uses a lot less plastic than the Dinc version does. You can see in the picture below that the dinc version (on the left) there are only a few cutouts along the edge of the hard shell, but with the Rezound one it there is a lot less along the edge.

This has a benefit of lessening the weight, but also makes it feel a lot easier to break when taking off and putting on. I think it is a good case though.

One thing that takes getting used to is the new lip that is around the side of the front of the phone, I got used to resting thumb (I hold the phone in the left hand) on the left edge and just swiping across.. Now my thumb rests on the rubber and you have to kind of pick it up before swiping.

Another positive is that it provides a lot easier to use set of volume buttons. The device has very low profile volume buttons that I have trouble using. With the case, no problems any more.

I've seen people complain about the power button in that it is not raised like the volume buttons, but it is easy to push and I actually rarely use the power button on the phone. One it is on the wrong side of the phone when you hold it in the left hand and I used Widget Locker which allows me to use the volume button to activate the device instead.

BTW I decided to not get the combo with holster because I rarely use a holster. I found that my phone takes a much bigger beating when I use a holster rather than just pocketing it instead. When I get into my truck, I put the phone in a pocket in the Visor.
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krelvinaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz View Post
I ordered on Amazon at 10:49pm last night the Seidio Active case (black) for my HTC Rezound. It was delivered this afternoon at 2:40pm.

I have been using the same type of case with my Dinc since I got it. I waited a couple weeks before deciding I didn't want to leave the Rezound unprotected.

Like the Dinc version, the case consists of two parts... A rubber shell that you put onto the phone first, and then a hard shell that clamps on over the back of the rubber shell.

This provides a shock absorber like affect that protects the phone pretty good. I've dropped my Dinc a number of times in all kinds of angles. Take it out of the case even after 2 years of use and the phone looks brand new.

The case does add some bulk and weight to the phone and adds a rim of rubber around the front of the phone which protects the phone if it lands face down.

The Rezound version actually uses a lot less plastic than the Dinc version does. You can see in the picture below that the dinc version (on the left) there are only a few cutouts along the edge of the hard shell, but with the Rezound one it there is a lot less along the edge.

This has a benefit of lessening the weight, but also makes it feel a lot easier to break when taking off and putting on. I think it is a good case though.

One thing that takes getting used to is the new lip that is around the side of the front of the phone, I got used to resting thumb (I hold the phone in the left hand) on the left edge and just swiping across.. Now my thumb rests on the rubber and you have to kind of pick it up before swiping.

Another positive is that it provides a lot easier to use set of volume buttons. The device has very low profile volume buttons that I have trouble using. With the case, no problems any more.

I've seen people complain about the power button in that it is not raised like the volume buttons, but it is easy to push and I actually rarely use the power button on the phone. One it is on the wrong side of the phone when you hold it in the left hand and I used Widget Locker which allows me to use the volume button to activate the device instead.

BTW I decided to not get the combo with holster because I rarely use a holster. I found that my phone takes a much bigger beating when I use a holster rather than just pocketing it instead. When I get into my truck, I put the phone in a pocket in the Visor.
very informative. i too have the inc and the rez case. After all the money i spent on cases for my inc, i think the Seidio case series is the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dugoutdog
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb Seido Active Holster user plus an option for extended battery

I too am a satisfied Seido Active user both on my Droid Inc and now my Rezound. Sure some bulk but certainly not an OB Defender or a Trident Kraken.

On occasion I need the extended battery and I am a holster user. I went to my local Verizon store and cruised the cases they had for the extended battery and if/how it would fit in the Seido holster. I found a TPU case they had (in a black and a kind of opaque grey). It fits in the Active holster almost perfectly. It is about 1-1/2 mm shorter so a slight bit of room but no way of coming out of the holster unless you release the latch. Works for me.

ecetim
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugoutdog View Post
I too am a satisfied Seido Active user both on my Droid Inc and now my Rezound. Sure some bulk but certainly not an OB Defender or a Trident Kraken.

On occasion I need the extended battery and I am a holster user. I went to my local Verizon store and cruised the cases they had for the extended battery and if/how it would fit in the Seido holster. I found a TPU case they had (in a black and a kind of opaque grey). It fits in the Active holster almost perfectly. It is about 1-1/2 mm shorter so a slight bit of room but no way of coming out of the holster unless you release the latch. Works for me.
That's a good idea. I have the OEM Extended Battery case as well, but wasn't going to use it anymore since I got the Seidio setup.

I like my Seidio active a lot as well. I wish the silicone was maybe a little tighter, but it hasn't caused any issues. The case is easy to remove as many times as you need without issue. The holster is of excellent quality, but I do have to slip the tip edge of the phone in past the holster clip. Otherwise it will catch on the top of the silicone and pull it back.

kLownish
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Any of you tried the otterbox defender case yet? If so, is it as bulky as that? I will be returning my defender tomorrow, and I am in the market for another case.

Vashypooh
Old
Thanks Meter 599

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kLownish View Post
Any of you tried the otterbox defender case yet? If so, is it as bulky as that? I will be returning my defender tomorrow, and I am in the market for another case.
I ditched my otterbox commuter for this. It's a lot less bulky than that, and since the defender is more than commuter, you should enjoy this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vashypooh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kLownish
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashypooh View Post
I ditched my otterbox commuter for this. It's a lot less bulky than that, and since the defender is more than commuter, you should enjoy this.
Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely go pick one up and test it out.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I had the surface kit for my dinc and it had issues pulling up the screen protector. any issues with this case?

TheBr0ken
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1645

DONATE TO ME
I did as all others on here, got one for my Rezound after I had it for my Inc. Although this time not in white, lol. I have had it for a week and I have noticed that the rubbery texture is starting to peel already. I'm not too thrilled about that.

krelvinaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 546
Don't use a screen protect so can't comment on that.

Via Rezound using XDA Premium
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

jasona08
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have to say that I got mine about a month or so after buying my phone and I use it everyday and it has a good feel in the hand. And protects like no other case I ever had!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA