18th April 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #131  
Flag Fife
Thanks Meter: 33

136 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetJumble

Yes, it has, but they are in the hatch and docked to the phone. Really, the station (with phone) only has a 3.5mm audio I/O port and the dock connector, nothing else (besides power and volume buttons).

That's wrong - according to Asus themselves, the PadFone Station has:
Quote:

3.5 mm audio jack,40pin connector
Micro-USB / Micro-HDMI <------------
Phone Antenna / GPS Antenna
High Quality Speakers, SonicMaster

Sure, these are pass-through ports for the two that are on the phone itself, and are covered by little plastic flaps. I think that - like the TF101 - they're placed on the right-hand side of the tablet dock (with the screen facing you). Do you really think that Asus would design this thing and then get the ports so badly wrong?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboyce94

That's one thing that really gets to me, no HDMI out from the tablet.

Yes there is!
Quote:

I guess when it's just the phone you could do it, but then it outputs at the lower resolution and you wouldn't be able to run tablet-optimized apps and also you wouldn't have USB or SD.

Reviews I've read seem to suggest that the tablet optimized (ICS!) apps will run quite happily on the docked PadFone. I'm guessing that there's some API that apps can use to tell if they're running on an ICS phone or tablet and refuse to run if they're for a tablet and you're using a phone.
Quote:

As a side note, I wonder if we could eventually use the tablet dock without the phone as a battery powered monitor for hdmi devices.

Very, very unlikely. AFAIK the dock is a dumb device so you'd need some form of electronics to drive it.
18th April 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 54

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebobx

That's wrong - according to Asus themselves, the PadFone Station has:

Quote:

Micro-USB / Micro-HDMI <------------

Sure, these are pass-through ports for the two that are on the phone itself, and are covered by little plastic flaps.

Show me any video or photo depicting those!

I can show you a dozen videos debating every connector and every button on every side of the tablet. None of those show any HDMI or USB ports (besides the hatch).
18th April 2012, 12:15 PM   |  #133  
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 11

40 posts
More
no HDMI
I had it in my hands, the PadStation itself has NO HDMI out!
18th April 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 32

469 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyman

The wait is not over yet...

ASUS announced on their Facebook-Taiwan-Page, that the ASUS Padfone has some problems with performance and the material.

So they changed the release date from 4/20 to 5/11 cause they have to ship all the PadFones back to their factory.

This is very bad news, guess the European release will never make it to the end of May...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttt????
for real?
18th April 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 54

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyman

I had it in my hands

18th April 2012, 02:00 PM   |  #136  
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebobx

Yes there is!

Watch all the hands-on videos and then show me a single one where it has HDMI out on the tablet dock... Phone has HDMI out, tablet has HDMI in. That's it.
18th April 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Not trying to deny or dispute what anyone is saying here, but......

Does Asus really expect us to charge these devices with different connectors? If there is only the docking port and the headphone port available externally on the tablet station, it will seem silly to maintain different connectors to charge the batteries in each of these devices. Just for simplicity sake, I hope that they, at the very least, include the USB port for charging.
18th April 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #138  
Thanks Meter: 6

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twcoll

Not trying to deny or dispute what anyone is saying here, but......

Does Asus really expect us to charge these devices with different connectors? If there is only the docking port and the headphone port available externally on the tablet station, it will seem silly to maintain different connectors to charge the batteries in each of these devices. Just for simplicity sake, I hope that they, at the very least, include the USB port for charging.

there's a charge port is on the tablet, it's not usb so yeah I see what you're saying. I have a sneaky suspicion there'll be a charger for the keyboard, another for the tablet and another for the phone.... pretty stupid if you ask me but I see no other way. They already claimed a charge port on the tablet and ac on the keyboard.... and phone has it's own. I guess it's precautionary but up to you how you do that. at most you'd use the laptop to charge everything.

for me I'd keep keyboard dock/phone charger at home and tablet charger at work. I kinda like that thought. "just in case"

I'm sure there'll be something, if not, just use wifi for clones. sure someone can make software to upscale.
Last edited by Steven82; 18th April 2012 at 09:34 PM.
18th April 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 40

438 posts
More
If the keyboard dock is the same as the transformer one, the charging lead for that is the same as the connector to the tablet, so you can use the same lead for both. Or you can plug them together and charge them as one through the keyboard dock.

I'm guessing they'll provide one USB-dock cable, one USB-microUSB cable and one AC-USB plug.
19th April 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #140  
Thanks Meter: 32

469 posts
My thought as well that you could charge the phone + pad from the pad itself, can't ya? coz logically when u charge your pad, your pad charge your phone, so it still make sense aight?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus, padfone
Previous Thread Next Thread