Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Debrand Nokia Lumia 710

Tip us?

theworldisavampire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faruk88 View Post
I have the Indian RM-803 ROM installed on my RM-809, and it works fine for me! I've been running it for a few weeks and no issues.
Good to hear! Are you on T-Mo or Rogers? Are you getting the same 3G speeds as before?

Thanks for the reply and sorry to have as many questions as a 4 year old lol. Just want to make sure of what I'm getting into before I jump in with both feet.

Luciano123
Old
(Last edited by Luciano123; 18th April 2012 at 03:05 PM.) Reason: Additional Info
Thanks Meter 1
Default Installation of Nokia care Suite 5.0

I am in the process of trying to install Nokia Care Suite 5.0 on a Windows 7 x64 enterprise version PC but every time I try i get presented with a box with a link stating that I require the microsoft VC++ 2010 redistributable. The link takes you to the wrong place so I installed it via the correct link and have rebooted the PC. But no matter how many times I try the same message pops up saying i require the Vc++ 2010 redistributable package. it is installed, as I can see it in Programs etc in control panel.

Anybody come across this?

By the way this is to reflash a branded Nokia Lumia 710 to an unbranded non carrier version.

Thanks.

Lou

BlackMage23
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano123 View Post
I am in the process of trying to install Nokia Care Suite 5.0 on a Windows 7 x64 enterprise version PC but every time I try i get presented with a box with a link stating that I require the microsoft VC++ 2010 redistributable. The link takes you to the wrong place so I installed it via the correct link and have rebooted the PC. But no matter how many times I try the same message pops up saying i require the Vc++ 2010 redistributable package. it is installed, as I can see it in Programs etc in control panel.

Anybody come across this?

By the way this is to reflash a branded Nokia Lumia 710 to an unbranded non carrier version.

Thanks.

Lou
I'm using win 7 x64 pro and not had any problem. did you downlaod the latest version from ms? I have 2010 X64 redistributable 10.0.40219
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackMage23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Luciano123
Old
(Last edited by Luciano123; 18th April 2012 at 09:49 PM.) Reason: Error
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage23 View Post
I'm using win 7 x64 pro and not had any problem. did you downlaod the latest version from ms? I have 2010 X64 redistributable 10.0.40219
Thanks for the response. I have finally managed to install it on a Vista Ultimate 32-bit PC. The question I now have is that earlier in this thread it mentioned that there was no UK variant for 11502. I have just looked and there appears to be a United Kingdom GB V2 059N2L6 variant under 11502 and also under 12070 there is a United Kingdom GB V3 059N2L6. I presume that this is a later one. Which one did you install?

Thanks

Lou

Marvin_S
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
I have a little problem that whenever I try to flash (a Lumia 710) it will not go further than the steps:

The application has lost the connection with your device... perform the four steps (power down device, connect to usb while keeping volume + pressed etc.)

I perform this steps and press retry yet it still fails to go trough and comes up with the same message again.

What should I do? Do I just need to keep holding volume + all the time? Whatever I try it just keeps saying this...
Also only 2 buttons work, the recovery and refurbish, I did recovery as refurbish did not display any information.
Developer of:

Texas Hold'Em Poker Odds (FREE) Improve your chances with this poker odds calculator for Windows Phone!

Achtung! (FREE) for Windows Phone now available!
The first Achtung Die Kurve inspired game with intelligent A.I. for Windows Phone.

grannyrogers
Old
(Last edited by grannyrogers; 20th April 2012 at 04:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_S View Post
I have a little problem that whenever I try to flash (a Lumia 710) it will not go further than the steps:

The application has lost the connection with your device... perform the four steps (power down device, connect to usb while keeping volume + pressed etc.)

I perform this steps and press retry yet it still fails to go trough and comes up with the same message again.

What should I do? Do I just need to keep holding volume + all the time? Whatever I try it just keeps saying this...
Also only 2 buttons work, the recovery and refurbish, I did recovery as refurbish did not display any information.
Make sure you are following the steps correctly. See also below.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

For persons de-branding lumia 710 RM-809 model. When following the steps mentioned in the opening post, wherever it mentions rm-803, just use your model number rm-809.

So step 5 would be: Search for 710 and click Open. RM-809
And you would create a folder called Rm-809 in c:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/product

If like me you did not have a 'product' folder in 'packages', create one and then create the Rm-809 folder to put the 12 ROM files in.

brad560
Old
Thanks Meter 370
flashed the UK Country variant GB on my Lumia 710,(T-Mobile) (OS Version 7.10.8107.79), gonna see how that goes, great thread!
Brad

Samsung Galaxy S3 Unrooted, for now..

Loved my Samsung fascinate!! (retired)

Loving my htc evo!! phone retired

Evo development links (not active)
OTA Q&A http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post21636537

My Roms:
Stock 4.67.651.3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1455340

Sprint Updated: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1321340

Stock 4.54.651.1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1319881

Luciano123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Finally got round to flashing two Lumia 710's using the GB V3 country variant under the firmware ending 12070. Both phones appear to be fine.

I did notice one thing which was curious and it was only on one phone that it appeared. I had read somewhere that one of the changes in the latest firmware was having more time out options on the Lock Screen including the option of 'Never'. On one of the phones when I was setting it up from scratch after the upgrade I saw all the options appear the full length of the phone on a Black background, once I had completed the setup etc. and I went back to have a look all I saw under the timeout options was what was there originally... 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes and 5 minutes on a smaller white screen identical to the other phone. My phones are connected to my own exchange server and it is possible it has something to do with the policy to force a pin number on the phone which is set but I don't know. What do other people have in the timeout options for 12070 UK V3?

Thanks

Lou

BenzinNZ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
With my Nokia Lumia (RM-809) I can't seem to flash anything. It goes into recovery mode... then just constantly times out. Any ideas?

Timeout. Can't change the mode.
Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenModeExcepti on: Timeout. Can't change the mode.
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.WaitMo deChange(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.SetMod e(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.Programming.FirmwareUpdate.Wez enFirmwareUpdate.Refurbish()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.WezenRefurbish.RefurbishDi alog.RefurbishDialogModel.Refurbish()

Thanks!

Luciano123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzinNZ View Post
With my Nokia Lumia (RM-809) I can't seem to flash anything. It goes into recovery mode... then just constantly times out. Any ideas?

Timeout. Can't change the mode.
Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenModeExcepti on: Timeout. Can't change the mode.
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.WaitMo deChange(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.OperatingMode.WezenMode.SetMod e(WindowsPhone7ProductOperatingMode mode)
at Nokia.Wezen.Product.Programming.FirmwareUpdate.Wez enFirmwareUpdate.Refurbish()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.WezenRefurbish.RefurbishDi alog.RefurbishDialogModel.Refurbish()

Thanks!
Hi,

One thing I did read elsewhere is that if you are reflashing the same firmware but say to another country variant/retail/carrier etc. it will fail. It needs to be rolled back to an earlier firmware version and then forward again to what you want on the newer firmware. I don't know if thats what you are doing.

Regards

Lou

The Following User Says Thank You to Luciano123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]