Okay, so this is what I did to get my Bookmarks working:
Go to Settings in your Chrome Browser.
- Personal Stuff>Advanced
- Uncheck Bookmarks
- Change to "Encrypt passwords"
- Click OK.
- In the Personal Stuff Window, click Google Dashboard and login
- Scroll down to Chrome Sync and click "Stop sync and delete data from Google"
- Depending on how much you've got, it can take a while. Mine took about 7-10 minutes. Have a smoke or something.
- When it's finished, go back to Chrome Settings>Personal Stuff>Advanced
- Recheck Bookmarks, and double-check Encrypt Passwords is selected.
I did this the other day and I didn't lose any data. See below:
"Last sync: Apr 18, 2012 9:45 PM
Autofill data: 3168
Autofill profiles: 5
Omnibox data: 198
Open Tabs: 5
Search engines: 86
Note: Encrypted with password."
If your using the Android browser and it's still not working, look into "Chrome Marks". It's free and will one-way sync your bookmarks to your device. If you pay for it, it goes 2-way.
Can also try the Chrome Beta app. I've mess with it for a while, but they still have a lot to do just for stability...and it's been taking time away from checking out ICS.
Hope any or all of this helps out.
Edit: Forgot to mention you'll need to setup a new application-specific password to get Chrome Sync going again. I don't remember where though. gl